New low cost 3G smartphone uses e-ink to keep the price down
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2013, 16:43 posted on
A Chinese company called Fndroid is working together with Eink to develop a 3G smartphone that would be as cheap as a featurephone and offer outstanding battery life with a display that would be easy to read in the sunlight; the phone would also be very light and could be available to consumers as early as sometime later this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
In the title are you saying this project is a 'Lost Cause' or that it will be 'Low Cost'?
4. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I'd like to see someone use a photo editing app on this. You could do some pro color balance.
5. vincent95 (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Seriously? Do we really need this? You can get 4G smartphones on contract for FREE nowadays. If this comes to the U.S. which I hope it doesn't, it would have to NOT require a data plan.
10. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Would probably good for older people or people with poor eyesight. As well as people who do only want to use the phone for keeping track of appointments, emails, and looking up information.
6. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
Im unsure what to think of this, this is more of a non camera/video/game phone that would only be ok to text, call,and listen to music on.
7. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Can anyone tell me what's the point of running Android on this?
8. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Because its a great OS for mobile phone. now shhhh
11. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Using an outdated version of the OS with more limitations than benefits? Yeah, seems worth it, doesn't it?
Thumb me down if that makes you feel better, I'm not bashing the platform, I'm just questioning the purpose of it.
9. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Wow! YES PLEASE!!! This is the end for Android's poor batt life.!
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Looks like the Galaxy S III those rounded phones.