New leaked shots of the rear shell for the Apple iPhone Lite
One interesting leak last Thursday, showed what appeared to be Lego parts but which are said to be volume buttons for the low-cost Apple iPhone. These parts showed up again in a series of new photos leaked on Monday, showing what is alleged to be the rear shell for the Apple iPhone Lite. The snapshots show the shell in a number of various angles and one of the pictures shows a bag containing the plastic volume buttons and the vibration switch.
The latest information on the phone says that the front of each model will be white with the rear shell available in red, green, blue, white and yellow. The phone is 2mm to 3mm shorter than the current Apple iPhone 5 and will carry the same specs. We've already gone over the rumored pricing, but we will do it once more for the west coast. The 16GB model will be $349, while the 32GB and 64GB models are alleged to be $449 and $549 respectively. Earlier on Monday, we told you that analyst Peter Misek of Jefferies estimated that the iPhone Lite would cost $300 to $400 making it more of a mid-range model. At that price, the analyst feels that the phone will not sell well in the emerging markets where it is expected to be shipped.
Leaked pictures of Apple iPhone Lite shell Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked pictures of Apple iPhone Lite shell
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Weibo (translated) via TechKiddy
1. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I wonder what Apple's thinking with this one. If this is going to be mid-ranged, then it would probably be priced closely to the iPod touch which isn't good unless they're going to be discontinued? NOOOO!
2. apple4never (Posts: 756; Member since: 08 May 2013)
but if they discontinue the touch then they can sell this as like a 4g enabled touch, honestly ive seen better phones priced at less than the touch, this might actually be a good touch replacement and marketing thing
4. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Sure, but I doubt Apple will sell this thing for the touch's current price.
5. apple4never (Posts: 756; Member since: 08 May 2013)
well if theyre smart (which they're not) they will sell this 16gb version for the price of a 64 touch so kids can get it and put a month to month sim in so they cant complain about not having a phone also at a price at which theyre parents might cave and get it
6. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see :)
3. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
What is this device?... Errr... No thank you.. Pass... Any Lumia please...
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hhahah yes because as soon as it uses differnt colors it has to copy Nokia.....go away troll...
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 999; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its like a trend. nokia gives the vibrant colors. iphone is the simple black and white. samsung is the cheap ugly plastic.
7. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
14. TylerGrunter (Posts: 781; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I was going to post teh same link, but let's explain at least what it is:
those are jus back panels manufactured by an unrelated (to Apple or Foxconn) Chinese company.
8. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
I can see verizon and others coming out with NEW iPhone Lite FREE! *tiny print* with a 2 year agreement
9. Jklaz (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Has the nexus four not shown anything about quality builds for cheap prices.. Not plastic bright colors at not even that cheap pricing
12. TechDork (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Yep, this one will totally be called "Granny Smith Green". I just hope the specs aren't subpar.
19. TechDork (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Doesn't look like it. They've never had that before so, I doubt they will now.
15. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2096; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Looking nice, affordable should not be related with overpriced.
18. phonemonkey (Posts: 154; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
They will sell a ton of these.
I can't tell you how many people want an iphone but can't afford one