New leaked picture of Samsung Galaxy S IV resembles earlier image
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2013, 23:59 posted on
It is not clear and is dark, but nonetheless, it is supposedly a picture of the eagerly awaited Samsung Galaxy S IV; the photo does resemble the previous leaked image alleged to be that of Samsung's flagship Android handset which is rumored to be sporting a 4.99 inch FHD display and is said to be powered by a quad-core 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor in the states and a quad-core Samsung Exynos Octa processor internationally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 273; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Square corners? Really?
Now HTC, Nokia, Sony, LG, AND Samsung? Let's hope this isn't the case. The rounded corners are one of my favorite design aspects of the Galaxy S3- seems to make the phone seem smaller than it is.
9. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I like square corners :D
Didn't really like the S3 look, but the Hardaware and Software were the biggest trade-off. Same goes for the Note 2 :D
12. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 273; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Everyone has square corners now!
I didn't particularly like it either but the round corners I did like. I wouldn't mind if the device had some sort of curved shape to it, not just a flat rectangle (im looking at you Sony).
13. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I'm waiting for a 100% round phone with no bezel to pop up somewhere :D
22. pyradark (Posts: 776; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
flat rectangle but premium and great build quality unlike plastic(im looking at you Sammy)
37. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 273; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I love how this comment is directed at mine when I said nothing about build quality. I agree with you if it makes you feel better, but what I want is a premium rounded design, a la HTC One X.
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah, I prefer the square corners. It looks good on the s,s2 and the soon to be s4. It's a good thing they're leaving the ugly edges on the s3(that's the reason I decided to go for the htc one x because I didn't like the design of the s3)
14. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Round corners are much comfortable to hold.
40. Legnaldo (Posts: 32; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I would imagine it having something to do with apple patenting round corners on rectangular devices....
2. BattleBrat (Posts: 1101; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Mr.blurrycam got his ass kicked by Mr.silhouettecam WTF! I see a screen, how descriptive! I know you're taking the picture in some closet in some samsung lab somewhere, but use the flash man!
3. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 273; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
He would be afraid of showing his Sony device that has a Samsung Galaxy S IV page running.
18. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
they should have used nokia pureview to get image more accurate........lol....lol
4. MrJerry (Posts: 394; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
The arrangements of letters in the two pics are totally different!
6. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
and one is bluish, one is yellowish... imma w8 for the real thing to judge ! haha
27. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
yah ur right, the first leak has wrong letter arrangements
the text logo must be> the "g" of Samsung must be on top of the "X" in GALAXY> which is seen on that latest boot screen leak..
5. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Yeah, I'm not really liking the square corners, and if it has on-screen buttons, then I'm done.
The galaxy s3 is beautiful, from this leak, it seems so over-used .
7. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Mehn i hope not, the photo on the right definitely indicates an LCD, Amoled is pure black and doesn't use back-light
8. louiemapa (Posts: 28; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
It should've been shot by a 920, it excels in low light.. XD
10. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
NOOOOO, That way then we'd see what the whole phone looks like. The hype will disappear :D
11. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Create a random pixel mash-up and PA will post it as the "secret" phone of company X. Seriously, I know you need clicks for the adds but please exercise some journalistic standards.
15. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Does the new pic on the left looks amoled display?
28. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Yes, I thought exactly the same. But the letters look crazy compared to the other phones of the Galaxy S series.
32. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
About the letters it isn't a blurrycam shot. If you take a closer look the words are getting projected out 3d.
As far as I know, this phone is the trend setter for every sammy device coming up.
17. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
God Knows... But i really dont prefer AMOLED Display .. Screen looks over coloured
19. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
It has the same corners as iCrap 5 !! Sued in 3 2 1 ......
24. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 150; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Judging by the grayish blacks of the screen, it looks like the SIV won't have AMOLED.
25. Igneel (unregistered)
From the right pic, I can see that it's not AMOLED. The black background isn't as 'black' as the usual Samsung's AMOLED.
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, but there was rumors that Samsung Galaxy S IV will use LCD.
29. sthashilan07 (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
square corners :-O
seems like sammy is finally concerned towards the phone's appearance ..
31. dcgore (Posts: 206; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
It looks massive, not sure i would like a bigger phone. Let's wait and see.
34. Murph359 (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
If you look at the picture on the right you can see the reflection of a white GS3 taking the picture.
35. BigBoss10 (Posts: 232; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I LIKE SQUARE CORNERS IT ROCK!! ROUND CORNERS SEEMS VERY OLD FASHION PHONE
39. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For some reasons I think that it is fake, I think it is Sony Xperia Z (white model).
43. MrNobodyWTB (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
The bezel kills, if accurate.
I was really hoping, if they did bump up the screen to 4.99, that they would have at least made the most minimal bezel in a Samsung phone that we've seen so far. This seems to have enough to actually make the phone feel big, especially with the extra real estate.
We will see in a couple weeks.
45. najariner (Posts: 24; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
this is what I'm talking about!!!!! finally, the best android phone wont look like a piece of s**t!!