New images of the HTC Droid Eris
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Oct 2009, 00:04
The HTC Droid Eris ADR6200 will be Verizon's second Android based device and features HTC's Sense UI...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vnewton09 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0
I still REALLY want this phone but I wonder will it be upgraded to Android 2.0 eventually? Does anyone have any info.?
7. vnewton09 posted on 29 Oct 2009, 08:22 0
Thank U very much! U just made my decision a lot easier!!
2. htc_prep posted on 29 Oct 2009, 01:36 0
HONESTLY I WOULD TAKE ANY BUDGET HTC PHONE OVER A MOTOROLLA DEVICE ANY DAY.AS LONG AS THERE IS ENOUGH ON BOARD MEMORY THEN YES. THIS CAN BE UPGRADED TO 2.0
4. mulda71 posted on 29 Oct 2009, 06:43 0
the other shoe to drop is the htc passion.... they said it would be out Q4...
9. knightgolf posted on 29 Oct 2009, 10:37 0
Just saw a link to Forbes.com that has an interview with HTC saying that they are not making the HD2 in an android flavor. So the Passion may not be on the horizon. At least not with the same specs anyway.
13. prettyboy1974 posted on 29 Oct 2009, 13:55 0
What Peter Chou said was, they don't intend on putting android on the HD2, he didn't say anything about the passion or another phone with similar specs running android. The article did kind of dim most people's gleam of light but when you really read it he didn't say anything about the passion or similar device not existing, so there is still hope.
5. JocularJester posted on 29 Oct 2009, 06:58 0
no qwerty, no "King". the droid retains that title for verizon between the upcoming android line-up.
6. c3money88 posted on 29 Oct 2009, 07:15 0
Actually other reports indicate the passion will be a gsm phone now.....well at least at first since it is heading for tmobile uk.
8. biggles posted on 29 Oct 2009, 10:17 0
You're not referring to the lame phonedog.com assertion, are you? Because they didn't do their homework and the claim is baseless. I've seen nowhere else make mention of the HTC passion being a GSM phone.
14. scy121 posted on 29 Oct 2009, 15:28 0
The fact that it doesn't have a qwerty is the very reason why I am more excited about it.
11. Dood posted on 29 Oct 2009, 11:22 0
This should be a cool phone as long as the screen doesn't scracth for no good reason. (Bitter? You bet I am)
12. rehnhart posted on 29 Oct 2009, 12:25 0
Does anyone know the internal memory of the Eris? I was exiting about the Moto Droid with it's 16gb memory card, but found out you can't run apps stored on the SD card. I don't know if it will be an issue with Android app size, but would like to see more internal memory specs before deciding which phone to buy.
18. geo608 posted on 04 Nov 2009, 13:22 0
Inside tip. The Eris will only have a 8gb internal memory.
15. shemers posted on 29 Oct 2009, 16:16 0
Image shows one minute to midnight, Christmas Eve, at the North Pole. Apparently it's going to be a balmy 32 degrees for Santa.
16. alf weezy posted on 29 Oct 2009, 22:07 0
its going to be released the same day as the droid, had hands on woith both and this phone is nice but the droid takes the cake...
17. elite1 posted on 01 Nov 2009, 09:49 0
Hi, I know the Eris does not have a physical keyboard but will it have a virtual qwerty keyboard (I hope) and not one where you have 3 letters per key (I hate that). Thanks