New images of the HTC Droid Eris
This article contains unofficial information.
HTC Droid Eris Preliminary Specifications
If you have some interesting info that you'd like to share with us, feel free to Tip Us!
1. vnewton09 (Posts: 20; Member since: 09 Jul 2009)
I still REALLY want this phone but I wonder will it be upgraded to Android 2.0 eventually? Does anyone have any info.?
3. mulda71 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jun 2009)
yes, they just announced it.. no date though
7. vnewton09 (Posts: 20; Member since: 09 Jul 2009)
Thank U very much! U just made my decision a lot easier!!
2. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
HONESTLY I WOULD TAKE ANY BUDGET HTC PHONE OVER A MOTOROLLA DEVICE ANY DAY.AS LONG AS THERE IS ENOUGH ON BOARD MEMORY THEN YES. THIS CAN BE UPGRADED TO 2.0
4. mulda71 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jun 2009)
the other shoe to drop is the htc passion.... they said it would be out Q4...
9. knightgolf (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
Just saw a link to Forbes.com that has an interview with HTC saying that they are not making the HD2 in an android flavor. So the Passion may not be on the horizon. At least not with the same specs anyway.
13. prettyboy1974 (Posts: 56; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
What Peter Chou said was, they don't intend on putting android on the HD2, he didn't say anything about the passion or another phone with similar specs running android. The article did kind of dim most people's gleam of light but when you really read it he didn't say anything about the passion or similar device not existing, so there is still hope.
5. JocularJester (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Oct 2009)
no qwerty, no "King". the droid retains that title for verizon between the upcoming android line-up.
6. c3money88 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Actually other reports indicate the passion will be a gsm phone now.....well at least at first since it is heading for tmobile uk.
8. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
You're not referring to the lame phonedog.com assertion, are you? Because they didn't do their homework and the claim is baseless. I've seen nowhere else make mention of the HTC passion being a GSM phone.
14. scy121 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
The fact that it doesn't have a qwerty is the very reason why I am more excited about it.
11. Dood (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
This should be a cool phone as long as the screen doesn't scracth for no good reason. (Bitter? You bet I am)
12. rehnhart (Posts: 103; Member since: 27 Mar 2009)
Does anyone know the internal memory of the Eris? I was exiting about the Moto Droid with it's 16gb memory card, but found out you can't run apps stored on the SD card. I don't know if it will be an issue with Android app size, but would like to see more internal memory specs before deciding which phone to buy.
18. geo608 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
Inside tip. The Eris will only have a 8gb internal memory.
15. shemers (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
Image shows one minute to midnight, Christmas Eve, at the North Pole. Apparently it's going to be a balmy 32 degrees for Santa.
16. alf weezy (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
its going to be released the same day as the droid, had hands on woith both and this phone is nice but the droid takes the cake...
17. elite1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
Hi, I know the Eris does not have a physical keyboard but will it have a virtual qwerty keyboard (I hope) and not one where you have 3 letters per key (I hate that). Thanks