New image hints that the Sony Xperia Z1s is actually a Sony Xperia Z1 Max
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2013, 08:58 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z1s has long been rumored to be the mini version of the Sony Xperia Z1. The speculation was that the device would keep the same specs as the flagship Xperia Z1 except for a smaller screen with lower resolution (4.3 inch, 720 x 1280) than the 5 inch, 1080 x 1920 resolution glass on the flagship handset. The only other change was supposedly a 2300mAh battery on the Xperia Z1s compared to the 3000mAh capacity cell on the larger handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bananana (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
no z1 max. it is just a variant of T-Mobile of the z1. no max. at least that is the current situation~ sony is getting ninja style on us lately =.="
5. Amir1 (Posts: 277; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Yeah, it's LOL how phonearena and other mobile sites make their news from their mind. i mean. aren't mobile site suppose to have some original inside info? seems like all mobile sites are based on assumption and the real juicy info comes from mobile forums. mobile sites guess of an info is the same as averege joe guess. i would expect a mobile site to have inside scoops, not any more it seems... "Z1 MAX"
2. aayupanday (Posts: 532; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Seems that it has become a tradition for the larger models of a company's flagship to add a suffix "MaX" in their name.
4. Taters (Posts: 3656; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The ultra is basically a z1 max. Why would they make another? I guess even Sony knows that the ultra was way way way way way too big.
6. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Who knows it is larger than Z1?
Maybe its hold upper than Z1. This is just the T-Mobile variant of Z1.
7. cezarepc (Posts: 627; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
How do they say it's bigger from that pic alone? sheeesh
11. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Maybe the Z1s is about the same size as Z1 but with bigger screen, lets say 5.5 and with less bezels..
Z1s with small bezels and larger screen !! helll yeaaahh !
8. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
lol @ z1 max isn't Z ultra already a max version? where the hell am i ?..
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
lol @ z1 max isn't Z ultra already a max version? where the hell am i ?..it is probably a FAKE,..just like the red z1 pic.
10. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Its maybe a brother to the Z Ultra and a maybe 5'inch to 6'inch screen?
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
sony should launch 5.5 inch screen phone
13. neilldavies (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
The rumours about a proposed Z1 mini / Z1F / Z1S or whatever Sony decide to call it have been circulating for too long! It would have made commercial sense for them to release it in time for Christmas but this now looks unlikely. Lots of people were attracted to the idea of top spec in a smaller package but Sony are in serious danger of missing the boat here. And now every credible website is latching onto contradictory rumours from a single (questionable?) Chinese source - it's maddening!