New iPhone rumor confirms 4G LTE connectivity, double the RAM and a built-in NFC chip
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:43
We’ve heard plenty of rumors about the next iPhone and those will only intensify as we approach the September-October time frame when everyone expects the new iPhone to launch…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:29 6 5
Wow, 1 more row of icons, so cool!
45. Wiki_jaan posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:41 4 3
lol .... u just like it coz of row of icons .... lol
68. Ohrules posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:24 2 0
i think he's being sarcastic
59. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:14 2 10
We thank Apple yet once again...!® We
170. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:14 5 0
What's with the '®' after EVERY SENTENCE?
People with no intelligence drive me INSANE. Please leave.
3. script_writer posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:47 23 4
Playing catch up with everybody (*coughs* android)
5. guest posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:48 22 1
Wow LTE dual core 1 gb ram and a 4" screen welcom to 2011!
17. bayusuputra posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:12 5 2
Once they said that iPhone doesn't need a bigger-than-3.5" screen..
Once they said that 512mb RAM is enough for the iPhone, unlike Android..
121. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 14:06 1 3
They said that was the case forever and ever and ever and ever? Let's get real for a moment.
FWIW they said 3.5" was the sweet spot for using a phone with one hand. The increase in size is height only - so that is not disrupted.
223. Schuler2828 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 22:35 4 0
They say 3.5" is a sweet spot for one handed use lol, I'm 13 and can use my Samsung Galaxy S3 with a case on it with one hand and it feels completely fine.
251. thedarkside posted on 21 Jul 2012, 09:16 0 0
dont worry dude... jessjess is an idiot.
209. E.N. posted on 18 Jul 2012, 20:59 2 0
yeah exactly. Times change. 3.5inches was indeed the perfect size. but that was a while ago, this is now.
34. iamcc posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:58 0 0
Was wondering the same thing.
"This just in, Crystal Ball predicts economic collapse in near future."
39. appleDOESNT.com posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:19 2 1
iThink apple leaked the crappy iP5 we see all over the net and maybe, just maybe have something up their sleeves, ya know so people will go wow when they really reveal it because currently the iP5 is circa 2011 in just about every way... Apple, as much as iDislike them as a company and the way they choose to do business, simply cannot be making another blah iPhone, not after the rise of the Android.. iHope this is it, iLaugh if it is but iHave my iDoubts
7. clevelandiskindacool posted on 18 Jul 2012, 09:52 6 1
Spec sheets are purely selling points but a great phone has usability and satisfied customers. I can take the sub-android specs as long as its a good user experience.
25. sithman (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:42 3 2
With android users it's all about specs. Specs alone don't make a great device, an evidenced by google finally admitting how laggy android has been and implementing acceleration into jellybean.
243. sithman (banned) posted on 19 Jul 2012, 10:47 0 0
YouTube Aaron's gs3 30 day challenge.
63. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:18 2 5
Exactly sheep get excited about specs only. If I have lower specs, but a better performing phone then who's the one making the right decision.
90. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:56 5 1
go enjoy ur Bmw 320 while Android
is enjoying the M3
115. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:52 3 1
Maybe try Jellybean before you make that assessment. Project butter is a total game changer
211. E.N. posted on 18 Jul 2012, 21:01 1 2
Jellybean isn't exactly what I'd call widespread and accessible. Very few models have it and even fewer are going to get it. Sooo....yeah
13. bayusuputra posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:04 6 2
Haha, the 4G will make those customers confused, "isn't the 4G model was released before the 4S?"
And I bet there will be people calling this iPhone 5G..
19. Quezdagreat posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:14 2 1
yes the 4th generation model was released before the 4s
26. bayusuputra posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:42 0 1
dude, I know that.. The thing is, many call that the iPhone 4G, in case you can't read my comment above.
And if this 6th gen iPhone, which most probably called the iPhone 5 (or will it be "The New iPhone"?), has 4G connection, then they will confuse it with the so-called "iPhone 4G", which is actually the 4th gen iPhone called the iPhone 4..
187. gallitoking posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:46 1 2
that's nothing a Samsung lawyer could not distinguish in court between an ipad and a galaxy tab...
40. hutty24 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:21 2 1
your sooooo right every one i no with a iphone gets lost there
14. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:10 19 2
Great job Apple, you finally made it to mid-2011. I know iOS doesn't really need the power of quad-core and it doesn't need that much RAM because it's basically just an app launcher, but come on. At least try to keep up with the latest tech. The problem with releasing 1 phone a year, is that you have to make the phone better than every other phone out at the time so it's still a viable option comparitively. Apple stopped doing that with the iPhone 4. The 4S was a mid-range phone when it was released, and the next iPhone will be mid-range when it releases. Apple is NOT making high end devices anymore. Unless they pull off something, and all of these speculations are not true. The release event should go like; "We purposely leaked false information so the product would be even better than everyone hoped. It REALLY has a 1.5 GHz A-15 dual-core processor, NFC, LTE, 2 Gb of RAM, a 4.3" 720p screen, and the real iOS 6 isn't just an app launcher anymore, it is more customizable to the user and we made it a true multi-tasking system!" Then, and ONLY then, would I even consider buying an iPhone. The specs would be almost the same as the GS3 with a smaller screen, and iOS would be more open and customizable. But, that is never going to happen because, it's Apple, and they are so stuck up that they know they can put out any piece of crap that they want, name it the iPhone, and still sell millions of units because people only buy what's popular, not what's the best. There is a big difference between popularity and actual quality.
20. ilia1986 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:17 1 2
I wish I could thumb-up you a million times!!! :D
28. sithman (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:44 5 6
All that and u still get lag and force closes. And I'm talking about my gs3, my 4S actually runs smoother.
35. SlimSoulja86 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:58 6 1
it sounds like u dont have gs3. Just saying, some of us r not kids u know.
192. gallitoking posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:49 1 4
and why not they use plastic phones.. just like my 4 year old newphews...
241. sithman (banned) posted on 19 Jul 2012, 10:39 0 0
I can care less what u r to b honest.
36. iamcc posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:00 4 2
If you are still playing the "lag and force closes" card against Android you need to quit using your time machine to go back to 2010 because it's 2012.
83. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:46 2 4
Jellybean was just release to address lag. Looks like google thinks its a 2012 issue.
106. taz89 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:31 1 1
its been intoduced to make it smoother yes but the s3 the s2 etc are very smooth without jb and with jb it will be even better...things can always be made better...i remember when ios was only 30fps and use to think it couldnt be smoother but now its 60fps...things can always be made better..android lag varied on the phone you had..some you encounter constantly and some you encounter every now and then
178. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:39 1 1
Just because morons like you still think it's a 2012 issue.
194. gallitoking posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:50 1 3
Android seems to think so.. havent you read Jelly Bean...
198. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:57 0 1
We've been over this. High-end Android phones: no lag. It's pretty much for the low end phones and to make the high-ends better.
Go away. Please.
199. gallitoking posted on 18 Jul 2012, 19:15 1 3
but high end phones become low end phones in 6 months...
201. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 19:26 1 1
Then in 6 months, all low-end phones will no longer have lag. Simple.
Besides, iPhones are low-end when they come out.
216. E.N. posted on 18 Jul 2012, 21:12 2 0
Oh so Google released a fake update to address a fake issue. True innovation
49. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 11:49 2 1
Then you must have a defective model, because everyone praises the GS3 for being so smooth and lag-free.
67. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:23 2 8
Specs don't make a device and you'll never get it.
Also iOS is a much better overall OS compared to android. Android is a widget launcher that's unstable, no sw updates, poor battery management, poor memory management, and pretty much follows Apple's lead for any innovation.
I'll take the one who innovates, Apple
70. wsucoug13 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:26 4 1
Do you honestly believe that bulls**t you just said?
"follows Apple's lead for any innovation"... really dude?
The iPhone5 is playing catch up right now.
79. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 12:37 3 7
Android has been playing catch up since they one.
ICS finally added transitions and jellybean finally figured out people like a smooth OS.
Android just slaps on features without caring if they work well because they can't differentiate themselves with actual innovation.
131. thedarkside posted on 18 Jul 2012, 14:27 0 1
yeah and a lot of android phones have more than 1GB of RAM. even the entry level LG lucid has more than 1GB of RAM. yeah android is playing catch up alright. maybe catching up to the S3.
179. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:40 2 1
ICS ADDED TRANSITIONS?!
Do you know how long Android has had transitions?
OH MY GODDDDDDD. Pick up the S3. That's smooth. With no Jellybean. With Jellybean, it'll be incredible.
239. wsucoug13 posted on 19 Jul 2012, 09:50 0 0
You just clinging on to the fact that iPhones are very smooth. I'm talking about innovation.
Free turn by turn navy, Real Multitasking, The best notification system (which apple 100% copied), dual core processors, large screens, NFC, the list goes on. Real life everyday benefits.
Apple takes a few of Androids features and perfects them on their new iPhone every year.
147. EclipseGSX posted on 18 Jul 2012, 15:33 2 1
Innovates? Like what exactly recently besides buying Siri and slapping an Apple sticker on it. Who am I kidding you won't answer you will just change the subject with some dumb comment about Google buying Android. Typical Taco without any facts.
175. thedarkside posted on 18 Jul 2012, 18:32 1 3
i posted an actual link to an article that was on this site about the motorola razr outselling the iphone on verizon after he said that the iphone will out sell the razr like usual. he hasnt made any comment on it because i proved him wrong.
203. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 20:38 1 2
Dude that is an analyst GUESS. It's not a fact. VZW will release numbers this month. I'll be back with a link to REAL sales numbers then and you'll see the Razr will lose.
140. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 18 Jul 2012, 15:12 0 1
If you were a pastor, I'd be in your choir. Amen ;)
23. wsucoug13 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:34 3 1
For me to think the iPhone 5 is bad ass the spec sheet needs to go something like this...
4G LTE Connectivity
2 GB of RAM
A5X Dual Core Processor
4.3" screen (know this won't happen)
MicroSD slot (know this won't happen)
iOS6 with widgets and some tweaks
That'd be a great phone.. Similar (spec wise) to my SGSIII I'm typing this on.
30. bayusuputra posted on 18 Jul 2012, 10:47 0 1
MicroSD slot (know this won't happen)