New iPhone 6 concept (with iOS 8) gets compared to Samsung's Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5s
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2014, 19:40 posted on
Now that iOS 8 has been announced, Apple fans can make iPhone 6 concepts based on it - and the latest doesn't look bad at all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Glad to see someone is using my "Retina HD" idea (2X current Retina = Retina HD). Hopefully Apple will get back to some sort of "wow factor" with their hardware as the current models are rather stale.
12. sgodsell (Posts: 3627; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
So the 4.7" display will be 1704x960. What about all the other talks about a 5.5" iPhone 6? Is that not happening now?
34. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I've heard they had battery problems with the larger size phone. Rumors are there will only be the 4.7 size screen.
22. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
HTC One looks like iPhone earlier with the metal on its body haha
54. liam-zh (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
seriously ? because of iphone use metal, other phone manufacture can't use metal? we are talking about the design here. you fool
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Concept phones will be a dream come true to be for real.
3. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Enough With The iFan Wet Dreams Already...
It's pretty much a given that the next iPhone/iPhone6 will look very much like the previous 'dummies' that have recently been posted ad nauseam - HTC One-series ugly cousin exterior, huge top/bottom bezels, same static grid of icons, and odd-ball sub-1080p screen resolution in tow.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They don't care, cause it has the Apple logo on it, to show and pose off.
38. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
It has an Apple logo on it, which means it comes with iOS and the usual top class experience and service you get from Apple. That's what the Apple logo stands for :).
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
In return you get subpar and a medicore phone.
In return you pay a higher price for a midrange app launching device.
In return you pay $80 for cracked glass which it costs them $5 to buy.
57. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Where did you hear 1080p. Last I heard it is going to be around 680p.
4. chistoefur (Posts: 103; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
It's always hilarious how really ANY concept of a phone is completely exaggerated, whilst the actual phone is barely an upgrade.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This is what happens when there is no real competition. Everything gets stale and barely changes year to year. There is no competitive pressure to drive innovation.
The only truly important thing Apple is missing vs. the competition is a larger, higher resolution screen, so in reality, I would be surprised if they deliver anything more than this.
That said, I do hope Apple gets back to delivering something "wow". It's part of their business model to do something like this every 4-5 years, so we are about due for something less mundane than the usual new iPhone model.
33. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Larger screen is the only difference? Umm ok.
I can make a long list, but how about customization?
IOS8 is supposed to support 3rd party keyboards, so it looks like this might be the start of letting people use the phone how they want to, and not how Apple wants them to use it.
39. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Smartphones have been done now; don't expect anything majorly game changing in this segment now. What's more likely is Apple will wow us in a completely different product category.
58. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I disagree. Phone screens are already being made with cureves, better mobile payment systems, better resolution, more compatible with computers as far as sharing. For almost 2 years now there is a growing trend to move some phone systems to wearables such as a watch. I think eventually the whole phone will be wearable.
Not sure what different catagory Apple will go. I look forward to it since it creates new products. But right now Apple is at the end of the train for new technologies and innovations.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Design and specs is what makes the "concept" stands out.
19. Canaan (Posts: 335; Member since: 25 May 2014)
If the specs phone arena and some other tech sites have listed on iPhone 6 are true, then it will be getting some improvements. For example, it's moving from a dual core processor to a quad core, its clocked speed will double to 2.6 Ghz and it'll be coming with a newer 64 bit chip processor. If the iPhone 5s with its dual core processor was able to keep up with the quad core android phones can you imagine the speed improvement it'll achieve with 4 cores? I only hope they increase the RAM as well to allow for better multitasking.
28. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I heard due the energy the larger higher resolution display uses, the A8 is focusing on battery life, not performance.
35. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Better multitasking? You mean being able to truly multitask?
40. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The iPhone already does this by means of multitasking APIs controlled by the OS. I'm not sure what effect adding more RAM to the iPhone would do for multitasking; the 5S already flips and switches between apps effortlessly using the task switcher. I can see how adding more RAM on the iPad would help so that switching back to Safari doesn't make tabs reload, but on the iPhone it already doesn't do this.
42. Canaan (Posts: 335; Member since: 25 May 2014)
That's what I'm talking about, I hate when the pages reload on the web since I end up losing what I had written or there are certain sites that suddenly shut down because the iPad mini 2 can't handle it? Last night I was on quizlet studying for an exam and the iPad mini 2 browser shut down several times while I was on it. Also, adding more RAM would also allow for more intense games to be playable on the tablets and phones.
43. Canaan (Posts: 335; Member since: 25 May 2014)
I forgot to mention that adding more RAM would also allow for better integration of the multiwindow experience. You know like on the LG G2 and some Samsung phones and tablets that allow you to minimize apps to view and open several of them at the same time.
7. toyboyz (Posts: 180; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
This concept offering makes me want an iphone:) Very interesting!
8. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Best phone ever :)
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Best phone for you, not for us!
14. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Somehow I think the new iPhone is going to look exactly like the current one, just slightly larger. It's much easier to increase the design scale than redo the template. They don't need a redesign, the bigger screen will be all they need to make the sales.
21. HarryWild (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Apple does not have to do any R&D for the iPhone 6. Apple will just enlarge the Touch 5th generation casing and that is the new iPhone 6! Apple been making the Touch 5th for over two years without a refresh and the machine is already in place to swap out the 4" and put in the programming for the 4.7" or 5" mold.
17. shopmrheo.com (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 May 2014)
This concept offering makes me want an iphone
20. HarryWild (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
The picture show a 5" size not a 4.7" iPhone 6. I prefer the 5"! A 4.7" will be still on the small size give the no side bezel design.
23. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
What an awesome concept. It does look like the HTC one from the back, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I've always liked HTC designs (for the most part). Besides that, the widgets in iOS 8 will be cool even though I didn't use them all that much on android.
25. RajRicardo (Posts: 394; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
The phone is yet to be announced and these jokers are already at it. Love the way how people waste their time.
27. StanleyG88 (Posts: 231; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
New iFruit phones are easy to predict, just take the average look, size, etc. of 2-3 year old Android phones and there you have it. The "predictive" keyboard idea is really great, glad iFruit invented it.
30. Tom_Gjeka (Posts: 10; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
The ring flash around the camera is taken from acer liquid s2 ??? Copycat :D
32. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
If that's what the iPhone 6 turns out to be, I might get it
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 21205; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looks wise this would crush everything, if it were real. Since it's a concept, it's nothing to get irate about fandroids.
44. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Same design and this will crush everything, really? Buying the same phone 3 times.
48. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Bla bla BS excuses
You never provide answers,
49. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nothing to be jealous iWorshipers
52. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's and HTC One with an Apple logo on it... It's proven Apple users care little to nothing about looks. They will blindly buy the new version regardless because of that dumb logo i.e. iPhone 4 / 4s
46. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i'll just say it the back is too much like htc's, so the iphone wouldnt go with that design. besides didnt the chassis leak out already?
56. HarryWild (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
It suppose to look like the two year old fifth generation iPod Touch; only bigger!
53. kopkiwi (Posts: 50; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Think HTC Might have a case for theft with this design.
55. HarryWild (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Image and concept already out of date - still has the 3.5mm headphone input instead of the lightning input!