New iPhone 5S leaks hint at A7 chip inside made by TSMC, more colors, and a tinted dual LED flash
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2013, 06:24 posted on
The assembled innards of an alleged iPhone 5S prototype have been snapped, and they reveal something we all expected will happen - a processor stamped with APL0698, indicating the next generation Apple A7 chip made by TSMC instead of Samsung might be inside, since the latest one A6X found in the iPad 4 is coded as APL5598...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1495; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple hasn't been doing a good job keeping their next handset in secret. We might even see the 5s weeks before its launch
3. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
So now Iphone is even more Chinese! And more colourful?
41. -box- (Posts: 3858; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
More Chinese? How so? Fewer parts from Japan and Korea?
6. papss (unregistered)
So this A7 chip.. What's it based off of and do we know where it lies as far as performance?
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They'll probably use a custom architecture that has "A15-class" performance. Typically they claim double the performance on both CPU and GPU for every new iteration of the Ax series. For the GPU they'll probably use multi-core PowerVR Rogue
24. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
It's based off of A6 and lies somewhere between the former and A8.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 12358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
When's the friggin launch date? I need mine Mr. Cook. And a note 3 while you're at it.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5920; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
September, 2013 launch date for the iP5S. Sammy is going to do everything they can to pee in Timmy's bowl of Cheerios. Note III might even be shipping before iP5S ships.
Stock up on popcorn and beer.
23. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
.... and, fasten your iSeatbelts; it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 12358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol exactly. I'm getn both Doug. What's your next device?
40. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The IPhone 5s with with IOS 7 is definitely my first choice but no longer interested in the Note 3 due to the reduced screen size, 5.7 inch to me means it will be exactly the same size as the note 2 and the multi tasking will be more or less the same and lame when you compare it to the Mega 6.3's bigger real estate screen. Wasted opportunity from a company constantly shooting themselves in the foot with disastrous decision making to the point I can't defend them, more excited to see what Nokia brings out in this category now.
43. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I just sold my iPhone five.
It had probably the worst battery life out all modern (latest) lte enabled phones, and the screen responsiveness was atrocious. Swipes would not register correctly especially the lock-screen.
The 5s will use even more battery and require even more charge, I say I will buy one only to sell it for $$$
22. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
This is just FAB-u-LOUS news!!! First, the colorfully new iOS 7 and, now, tinted LED (two of 'em, Auntie M')!! Oh I just can't wait for it to get here; why I'm so happy I could sing!!
25. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
iOS 7 is going to rock.... iPhone 5s is a bit of a let down =(
33. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Yeah DK.... I know that Apple will have something great just around the corner (2014). My dilemma is that if I get the iPhone 5s then I have to wait 2yrs (contract) to get the iPhone that I have been waiting for!
No matter what I am going to get the new iPhone.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 12358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me too, and these alleged leaks prove nothing. Just wait till sept. bro
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8830; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I personally am waiting to see how the iPhone 5S is going to perform. What is stopping me from thinking about getting an iPhone is iOS 7. I'm not a fan of all the colors of the rainbow on one screen (not making any attacks on homosexuals, just too many colors for my taste.)
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 12358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I feel u Smurf, it's all about taste.
26. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Iphone5 is fabulous, it plunge me instantly in deep sleeeeep
So boring and lack of innovation....
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 12358; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The fact that you bothered to post that shows that you're awake, and interested.
30. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Looks like the same home button, just smaller bezel around it. If it's supposed to use biometrics, doesn't yield much information from image 5.
36. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
The cheapest and weakest version of cpu , I think.
37. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
looks the same and I'm guessing its not even quad core
38. Jelmer97 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
It looks way too complicated for a good telephone.
39. AjaydeepSingh (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Waiting for iPhone 6....
Must be a revolution....
IPhone 5s isn't that impressive...
44. jacko1977 (Posts: 397; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
pic #3 got marks already
pic #6 if thats the home button hope sammy takes them to court
ios still copying off android since android was developed first
apple new ads
iphone the same thing since iphone
iphone we do tiny upgrades cause we know you still buy it