New iPad to be thinner and lighter, mass production starting in July-August?
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 03:34 posted on
The fifth-generation iPad will enter mass production in the summer months of July to August and it will carry a design similar to that of the iPad mini with a thinner and lighter body...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fouadysf (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
This lighter and thinner thing is just getting boring now :|
18. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
No. Lighter and thinner means easier and more convenient to move around - to take on a trip or a picnic. It is always welcome, especially if it brings along a load of crazily useful features like apple's products always do.
26. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
no offense, but are sarcastic in saying that?
32. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
boring, boring....still boring........and now its just plain pathetic!
2. uchihakurtz (Posts: 276; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Why doesn't this surprise me. It'd be paper thin and light by iPad 7, bending time XD
4. shreehari (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
nothing is improved same design same shape sane colour same icons everything is same apple and samsung sucks
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
The same STALE operating system with a slighty faster hardware...KA - CHIIIING!
Take my money
8. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
The single reason why i wont consider an iPad when i buy a tablet is because of that 4:3 screen ratio. I prefer 16:10 or 16:9. Apple's not going to change the screen ratio anyway. A lot of screen space is wasted just from watching videos.
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
It's still the best tablet on the market I got to say.
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really for what....
Limited and closed
People buy this to show off look cool and its a trend
Transformer prime by Asus is the best.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Spec wise you're right, but what makes the iPad #1 is the very good end user experience it provides, the Eco system, and the endless amount of accessories and services. I know I'll get a ton of red thumbs for saying this, but its not always about specs. People want something practical for everyday use also to fit their needs/wants, and the iPad delivers.
22. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
You're a little late for April Fool's day aren't you?
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
SIGH, "lighter".., probably just a reduction by 20 grams or 50 grams? What's the big deal? I dont like phones and tablets that are too light either.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hurry up and bring this thing out already, I wanna see what it packs and how it looks.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey Dark hows it going?
How become you dont argue or discuss nor dispute anymore, whats wrong?
A7 chip 1080p quadcore A15 pvr rouge gpu
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Going good. Hope all is well with u. What good does it do to argue and dispute? Just leads to insults and disrespect, and in the end people still like what they like. I prefer to chat with the more mature people on this site like u, and a few others . As for those who wanna start trouble and disrespect people...I leave them be. U don't argue or debate as much either anymore, what's up with that?
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao a red thumb for asking Troll if he's getting the s4...now that's funny.
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea I say whats the big idear? Who thumbed Darkjedi, could the real slim shady please stand up™
17. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
and wont get waterproof
why not get xperia z which is exactly thinner and lighter than the ipad
21. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Apple just recycles this slogan for every new iPad. I remember them saying this for the previous models.
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
When they said "it will carry a design similar to that of the iPad mini", it just stops the exciting"ness", it's like telling you : "Dude, get outta here, there's nothing new here!". :(
30. SIGPRO (Posts: 508; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Don't care about these crappy overpriced apple stuff!
33. PAandi (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Samsung Note 10.1 LTE is the best; with multiple screens tasking....for $400;
36. homersimpsons (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
What a revelation this article was to me!
I thought that Apple would be regressing their product design by making their next generation iPad both bigger and heavier. Wow, thinner and lighter - who would of thought...
Thanks PhoneArena - keep up the top-notch reporting!