New iPad runs hotter than Android tablets
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Mar 2012, 22:18
A lot has been made about how much hotter the new iPad runs than its predecessors. Overall, the blame has been placed on the much much larger battery found in the device, as well as the higher-res screen, and the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 26 Mar 2012, 22:31 20 4
Transformer Prime is the best !!!!
22. NOKIA.8800.ARTE posted on 27 Mar 2012, 07:57 9 3
AHA WHERE IS
WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!
4. eDiesel posted on 26 Mar 2012, 22:50 1 18
I don't see the big deal. My phone has an average 120 degrees. Its been ok for 7+ months. I lost count on how many times I've been close to 200 degrees. Let me tell you one thing Motorola can make a phone that can take an overclock.
5. avataranjie posted on 26 Mar 2012, 23:04 10 0
wait till it explodes in your pocket likes some phones. Please get that phone/battery checked for your own safety.
26. eDiesel posted on 27 Mar 2012, 09:10 0 2
Man so many negetive votes. The phone runs fine after several months of thermonuclear heat. I got an otter box which will contain and explosion.
11. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 27 Mar 2012, 00:46 2 0
WTF? 120º on average? How is that possible and really 200º? How can you even hold that thing and how is it still working, if it's 200º on the exterior the interior is much hotter and that would mean that your phone internals would be melting sooner rather than later. What phone is that by the way so I know which device to stay clear of should it go nuclear.
13. _PHug_ posted on 27 Mar 2012, 01:34 1 0
Read his post.
He said that he is over clocking it.
No cause for alarm, you are safe.
21. SleepingOz posted on 27 Mar 2012, 07:50 0 0
do you know what overclocking actually is?
27. eDiesel posted on 27 Mar 2012, 09:46 0 0
he was talking to morephones
28. eDiesel posted on 27 Mar 2012, 09:50 0 0
I couldnt get it hotter. I could of hit 160 if i wanted.
Call me an idiot i dont care. ive been doing this for more than half a year and still truckin. I think around 240 degree is when ill start to get scared.
14. Mario1017 posted on 27 Mar 2012, 01:44 3 0
120 degrees???!!! That the f**k kinda phone u got...
17. andro. posted on 27 Mar 2012, 05:17 1 0
120 degrees? If that phone doesnt stop working or partially melt somw day its gonna explode and take a chunk out of your leg by your pocket
6. cttan456 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 23:09 3 1
We know that heat is the No 1 enemy of any electronic device and its negative effects will always materilalise after long-term usage. Hight heat leads to high degradation of everything(not just the battery) resulting to shorter life span.
23. c.hack posted on 27 Mar 2012, 08:04 0 6
That's why you should keep your phone in the freezer. Heat below 80 deg C and certainly around 100 deg F has no affect on electronic, at least not in your lifetime.
Next time, show a little common sense.
7. cttan456 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 23:13 2 1
eDiesel, maybe you live in cold country and find the extra heating a boon but like what avataranjie said, do be careful.
I live in a tropical country and the heat here in the day is like scorching. It is terribly uncomfortable to use the new ipad in such hot weather as the last thing we want is extra heating.
24. c.hack posted on 27 Mar 2012, 08:05 0 4
OMG that extra 2 degrees. OMG OMG its gonna kill you.
I'm sure nobody uses a cell phone or a laptop in your country since they all run faster than the iPad.
Or did the heat in your country fry your brain?
30. EclipseGSX posted on 27 Mar 2012, 10:20 2 0
While that may not kill you it can't be good for the overall life of the device, you can't deny that. No need to act like a child.
8. darktranquillity posted on 26 Mar 2012, 23:29 6 1
Apple's official word on overheating of ipad is out, "the weather in your country is not right".
9. B3BLW29 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 23:53 2 1
Make omelets whats are you guys waiting for? An iRecipe book?
10. TheRetroReplay posted on 27 Mar 2012, 00:35 0 0
Apple's thermal specifications are more than likely capped at when the iPad shuts itself off to prevent over heating. It still counts as being within their thermal range, and didn't the first iPad have this issue as well?
I'm not surprised though, Apple products tend to run hotter than the competition.
12. biophone posted on 27 Mar 2012, 01:04 1 0
Tablets running hot is a big deal too me i bought a mac and the thing is running way too hot. I don't mind the temp but it freezes so much and battery is so poor and it bugs me that i spent 2 grand on a computer that I can't video chat with freezing even with a cooling pad. I had to go quad core lol. In summary although the new ipad looks great i would go with the ipad 2 instead. Or myb the prime.
25. c.hack posted on 27 Mar 2012, 08:07 0 4
If you are used to something freezing constantly, definitley go for the Prime.
15. thebikerboi2 posted on 27 Mar 2012, 03:01 1 0
too be honest all of the Tablets tested were really hot i mean look at the samsung galaxy tab, after gameplay it didn't escape the high temperatures. the new ipad and its new high res display+Quad core graphics is bound to equal an over heating tablet. beacause the new display has so many more pixels than the ipad 2 the GPU has to work harder for normal tasks.
16. andro. posted on 27 Mar 2012, 05:12 1 1
You can be guaranteed a large number of ifans have now tried frying an egg on their ipads because of the photo for this article,and most Will be puzzled as to why their ipads has now stopped working! Time then to go and buy a brand new ipad but hopefully not more eggs
18. remixfa posted on 27 Mar 2012, 06:33 1 0
obviously there is some discrepancy in the numbers between units, as consumer reports got theirs up to 116 degrees without trying.
19. andro. posted on 27 Mar 2012, 07:18 3 0
A mathematical equation exists to find the truth in apples statements,its called the Apple two's,
If Apple makes a high figure or boasting statement about a product divided the statement by 2 to get the accurate result.
If Apple states a low figure figure for faults or problems multiple by 2 to get the accurate result.
33. Stuntman posted on 27 Mar 2012, 15:08 0 0
Wired says that the iPad isn't the hottest. PCWorld says that the iPad is the hottest. Who is right?
34. Beholder88 posted on 30 Mar 2012, 09:56 0 0
I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and after an hour of Angry Birds or the like it doesn't seem like it gets as hot as it says. I think it depends on the game that's running.