New iPad bill of materials is around $320, profit margins drop slightly
0. phoneArena 09 Mar 2012, 08:38 posted on
The new iPad costs more to make and Apple had to sacrifice some of its sky-high margins to bring it to market…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE APPLE..UH UH UH UH UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....UH. OH APPLE, "DO IT TO ME ONE MORE TIME". `~ PA
OUT OF 80 ARTICLES CURRENTLY ON THE PA MAIN PAGE, 32 HAVE MENTIONS OF ITURD IN SOME WAY. AMAZING THE BIAS OF THIS WEBSITE!!! WINDOWS HAS LIKE 2 MENTIONS. APPLE IS SIMPLY ORGASMIC!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! BAHH BAHHH BAHHHH
3. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
sorry dude accidentally pushed the t.down button when i sneezed
but i agree with ya
revolutionary iSight is going to be when there is a Nokia 808 PureView sensor on the iFpad
untill then its an iNOvation
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
then change your name to droidnodomination...
4. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It make sense as they had to bring something big again. The new iPhone margin also will be less, probably because of higher resolution, Lte chip, improve dual core.
Now what we'll see is competitors competing with iPad specs mostly notably the higher resolution.
5. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I want to know that total profit margin, after all is said and done. I want an idea of how much Apple is screwing it's customers. There isn't anything wrong with wanting a decent profit, but Apple loves to rapes it's followers!
7. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You can't rape the willing. Yes, Im one of them.
9. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Well it is a marginally better device so it would make sense that it would Cost more. Look at all the LTE Handsets when they launched. always touching the 500-700 mark before a 2 year contract. But i think the main thing your paying for is that beautiful retina display. Now i am still no iPad fan. But it does have some pluses.
10. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The bill of materials doesn't give you the profit margin; there's still shipping, marketing costs, R&D, etc.