New feature from Lookout snaps picture of possible phone thieves
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2013, 14:27 posted on
Lookout has added a new feature to its Android app that will allow your phone to snap a picture of a possible cell phone thief; the new Lock Cam feature alerts you if someone has stolen your handset or is merely trying to access it to steal your personal information and while the new functions are now available for premium users of its app, Lookout said Lock Cam will be offered on the free version of its app within a week...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
If the thief is smart enough to do a master reset on the phone,
this feature is absolutely meaningless.
3. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I updated my galaxy s3 and i have the paid updated version of lookout and i cant seem to get this feature to work. I did my password wrong intentially multiple times so it would take my picture and it didnt send me a pic of myself at all. I made sure my email address was correct with lookout and the new feature was enabled. Reset my phone and still nothing. Sounds great if it worked.
4. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
UPDATE: After further tinkering i have discovered this new feature does work when pin security is enabled on phones lock screen. But did not work on my lock screen when pattern type was enabled. I disabled unlock phone with pattern and it works as it is supposed to.
5. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Ceberus Anti Theft app. Does that and more!!!
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
- Lock the device with a code
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
- And much more!
And for SIM card phones alerts you when an unathorized SIM card is inserted.
AND NO MONTHLY FEES!!!
6. TheMan (Posts: 444; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Thank you! I was trying to remember the app(s?) that already had this feature. The one I'd heard about (on TMO?) was designed to keep your kids from getting on your phone, snapping their picture along the way.