New customers can pick up the HTC Droid Incredible 2 for $79.99 through Amazon

0. phoneArena 09 May 2011, 14:34 posted on

Even though there are higher caliber handsets like the HTC ThunderBolt and Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon’s lineup right now, the $79.99 on-contract pricing that Amazon is asking for the Droid Incredible 2 is pretty...

posted on 09 May 2011, 14:59 1

1. jim (unregistered)

I do not agree with how they price phones for new and existing customers. A brand new customer gets a better deal than a long time, loyal customer. Yeah....we get $100 bucks off a new phone every 2 year (but who knows now, with all the changes the providers are making these days) and I know, at least 85% of all the subscribers are paying to much for stuff they dont need on their plans, Its either this plan that has to little or that plan that has to much....theres no customization for any plans. Long time, loyal customers (say 7-10yrs) should get better deals than a new customer.

posted on 09 May 2011, 15:43

3. vzn (unregistered)

its the fact they get paid more on new customers than current customers is why they can afford to make the price lower

posted on 09 May 2011, 16:46

4. G-Reg (unregistered)

How could you agree, you dont even know what your talking about. First off, your "$100 off" is well... off. Here are some FACTS. Accolade: Free after rebate..or about 180 full retail. You get alot more than 100, especially on any droid.

As for the "no customization" remark.. Dude, go online, to my verizon, then go see just how many features can be added or removed per line.

Guess what.. Not every piece of info is going to be hand fed to you. Take some responsibilty for the service that some customers pay thousands a year for.

posted on 09 May 2011, 15:23 1

2. armando (unregistered)

The new every 2 deal your talking about (100.00) is no longer available.

posted on 09 May 2011, 18:42

6. G-reg (unregistered)

Thanks Jimmy. You have inadvertently stamped "tool" across your forhead. Good day sir

posted on 09 May 2011, 18:47

7. MorePhonesThanNeeded (unregistered)

I've been a Verizon customer for about 5 years now and I have to say I get pretty sweet deals when it comes to new phones. Especially when it's upgrade time, I got a Droid X for $50 and on top of that I got 450 anytime minutes and unlimited text and data for 69.99. You think a new customer is going to get all that for coming in brand new? Yea right!

New customers get deals to entice them to come, which is why other Verizon by retailers get to offer sweet deals, commission and all sorts of other things besides site traffic and others. They can cut awesome deals to get you the phone, but the service ha ha, that my friend you will have to go directly through Verizon for.

Existing customers always get the best when it comes to contract pricing and services on the line.

If I had a decision to make I would choose the Droid Incredible 2 over the Thunderbolt, battery life is a big thing and that sub par mess the TB gets away with is utter madness. The Droid Charge bests them all, but price useability the Inc 2 is the better deal by the slightest of margins.