New case for the Apple iPhone 5 lets you crank-charge the battery
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:50
The Gridcase Reactor is a case for the Apple iPhone 5 that uses a hand crank so that you can re-charge the battery during those times when an outlet isn't available; in addition, a small 400mAh cell is built into the case to give the phone a little boost before you crank the battery far as long as you can; the device is being crowdfunded by CrowdSupply...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 20 Mar 2013, 09:54 9
Now this is also called "INNOVATION", not from Apple. :)
2. bachir8k posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:14 3
OMG, i would like to see iphone users cranking the handle to start-up their phones, same as you starting a 1915 car, hahahahah. Simply buy a phone with a better battery-life :)
4. quakan posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:07 7
Battery cases/packs are for the power users. Regardless of what phone they have, they always manage to run through the battery power quickly.
13. bachir8k posted on 21 Mar 2013, 15:46 0
Then simply buy a smartphone with a removal-battery, mmmm such GS3 or GS4 :D
8. TheMan posted on 20 Mar 2013, 12:45 7
Actually, the century-old crank seems appropriate, given iOS's ageing UI.
3. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 10:43 1
Possibly worse accessory ever. And this guy desperate too raise cash for this? Why not buy solor recharge battery
5. quakan posted on 20 Mar 2013, 11:09 1
I can't see this catching on in the battery case market.
9. som posted on 20 Mar 2013, 12:47 3
Hand crank is for undeveloped countries not USA or Europe.
14. bachir8k posted on 21 Mar 2013, 15:50 1
yes it's for the 3rd world poor consumers with a brand new IPhone 5, right???
15. quakan posted on 21 Mar 2013, 23:42 0
It's okay, I don't think he thought that one out all the way.
10. kozza3 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 13:55 1
why not take thishttp://www.kickstarter.com/pro
and strap it to your back?
11. mas11 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 15:25 1
If you care that much about battery life just get a RAZR MAXX HD. Talk about going overboard.
12. GadgetsMcGoo posted on 20 Mar 2013, 23:28 0
Given that the OS is more than 5 years old, this accessory suits it well.