New case for the Apple iPhone 5 lets you crank-charge the battery
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 09:50 posted on
The Gridcase Reactor is a case for the Apple iPhone 5 that uses a hand crank so that you can re-charge the battery during those times when an outlet isn't available; in addition, a small 400mAh cell is built into the case to give the phone a little boost before you crank the battery far as long as you can; the device is being crowdfunded by CrowdSupply...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Now this is also called "INNOVATION", not from Apple. :)
2. bachir8k (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
OMG, i would like to see iphone users cranking the handle to start-up their phones, same as you starting a 1915 car, hahahahah. Simply buy a phone with a better battery-life :)
4. quakan (Posts: 1349; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Battery cases/packs are for the power users. Regardless of what phone they have, they always manage to run through the battery power quickly.
13. bachir8k (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Then simply buy a smartphone with a removal-battery, mmmm such GS3 or GS4 :D
8. TheMan (Posts: 476; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Actually, the century-old crank seems appropriate, given iOS's ageing UI.
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Possibly worse accessory ever. And this guy desperate too raise cash for this? Why not buy solor recharge battery
5. quakan (Posts: 1349; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I can't see this catching on in the battery case market.
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
My Note 2 is having a good laugh right now.
9. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Hand crank is for undeveloped countries not USA or Europe.
14. bachir8k (Posts: 142; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
yes it's for the 3rd world poor consumers with a brand new IPhone 5, right???
15. quakan (Posts: 1349; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's okay, I don't think he thought that one out all the way.
10. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
why not take thishttp://www.kickstarter.com/pro
and strap it to your back?
11. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
If you care that much about battery life just get a RAZR MAXX HD. Talk about going overboard.
12. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Given that the OS is more than 5 years old, this accessory suits it well.