New case for the Apple iPhone 5 lets you crank-charge the battery
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2013, 09:50 posted on
The Gridcase Reactor is a case for the Apple iPhone 5 that uses a hand crank so that you can re-charge the battery during those times when an outlet isn't available; in addition, a small 400mAh cell is built into the case to give the phone a little boost before you crank the battery far as long as you can; the device is being crowdfunded by CrowdSupply...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Now this is also called "INNOVATION", not from Apple. :)
2. bachir8k (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
OMG, i would like to see iphone users cranking the handle to start-up their phones, same as you starting a 1915 car, hahahahah. Simply buy a phone with a better battery-life :)
4. quakan (Posts: 1078; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Battery cases/packs are for the power users. Regardless of what phone they have, they always manage to run through the battery power quickly.
13. bachir8k (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Then simply buy a smartphone with a removal-battery, mmmm such GS3 or GS4 :D
8. TheMan (Posts: 346; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Actually, the century-old crank seems appropriate, given iOS's ageing UI.
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Possibly worse accessory ever. And this guy desperate too raise cash for this? Why not buy solor recharge battery
5. quakan (Posts: 1078; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I can't see this catching on in the battery case market.
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 994; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
My Note 2 is having a good laugh right now.
9. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Hand crank is for undeveloped countries not USA or Europe.
14. bachir8k (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
yes it's for the 3rd world poor consumers with a brand new IPhone 5, right???
15. quakan (Posts: 1078; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's okay, I don't think he thought that one out all the way.
10. kozza3 (Posts: 573; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
why not take thishttp://www.kickstarter.com/pro
and strap it to your back?
11. mas11 (Posts: 1014; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
If you care that much about battery life just get a RAZR MAXX HD. Talk about going overboard.
12. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Given that the OS is more than 5 years old, this accessory suits it well.