New build of ICS leaked for Motorola DROID RAZR following Motorola invite to soak test
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Apr 2012, 02:30
With rumors circulating about the Android 4.0 update coming to the Motorola DROID RAZR and the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX next week, a new build for the DROID RAZR has been leaked; Motorola is looking for Motorola DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX owners to participate in an ICS soak test...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. jogutier posted on 01 Apr 2012, 23:19 0 0
I never understod Verizon about these updates. I know it's not Verizon building and putting the update together, but has the company selling them. You have to be like what about our old flag-ship Bionic. Where's ice cream for that phone. ????????????????
27. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 23:27 0 1
Verizon is more of the reason why these phones AREN'T so quick to get updates. Verizon used to be the best about it but now it seems AT&T has taken that crown.
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Apr 2012, 03:44 4 0
One word - Woohoo!!!! ICS for the RAZR is almost here! Dayum.
4. iicpaii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 06:58 2 8
BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC BIONIC
7. PAPINYC posted on 01 Apr 2012, 09:30 3 0
No it's not; my RAZR™ can bring home the bacon, fry it up' in a pan and cook me breakfast. It can also program the dish washer and dvr (at the same time). You can't even play Temple Run on many of your SGS II variants; guess you're stuck with playing Bubble Bursts (oooooooooooh, exciting).
8. gemmabba posted on 01 Apr 2012, 09:30 8 0
aaaaaaaaaw look at that samsung fanboy is saying something to ridicule the Razr
22. jroc74 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 18:29 2 0
Kevlar skin on the back
Higher screen res ( yes it has Pentile but still...lol)
Moto 's UI is Blur which is nothing like Touchwiz..
Yea...this is almost as bad as saying the GS 2 is a copy of the iPhone...
9. roscuthiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 09:32 2 0
Ugh... this should have been posted yesterday or tomorrow. I just don't know how to take it on April 1st.
11. Alan01 posted on 01 Apr 2012, 11:29 3 0
You can be assured that this is NOT an April Fool's gag!
13. roscuthiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 12:25 0 0
In that case... this is just like Christmas in July, except it's in April!
Thank you Santa Alan. (Alan Claus?)
10. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 10:01 1 2
yeeup! this looks to be all but official. i'll be counting the days now. o:
12. rickbubello posted on 01 Apr 2012, 11:40 0 0
the build is terrible, atleast on my razr maxx, it was selecting the wrong icons when i pressed the screen, and force closing alot. Tried to bring it all the way back to stock, wipe it and install it again and still same results, really buggy as hell, hopefully this is their final attempt at a release candidate
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 01 Apr 2012, 14:15 0 0
That is what you have to be prepared for when you agree to participate in a pre-release test. If you want a production version, the pre-release test version is not for you.
I am happy that it appears the wait for ICS on the RAZR is almost over.
17. BattleBrat posted on 01 Apr 2012, 15:19 0 0
The soak test hasn't started yet, I would know....
20. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Apr 2012, 16:41 0 1
why? have you gotten an email?
21. BattleBrat posted on 01 Apr 2012, 17:52 0 0
Yes, I have.
Unfortunately, due to the confidentiality agreement, I cannot say when my phone updates (hopefully soon) or how well it works or anything, I take the agreement seriously, My RAZR works sooo well on 2.3.6, I'm honestly a little nervous...
14. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 01 Apr 2012, 12:38 3 1
I think the Motorola Razr is one of the best Android phones around.
18. rickbubello posted on 01 Apr 2012, 15:43 0 0
go over to xda forums, they show you how to force the update to your phone, its how i got it and to be honest its terrible, ive ran early release software on all my htcs dating back to incredible to rezound and back, this issue with the touch screen makes the phone unusable
19. BattleBrat posted on 01 Apr 2012, 16:01 0 0
When you are part of the soak test, you register your phone with them, and they push the update to your phone. A message pops up, you hit ok, and it updates (at least that's how it worked the last few times I've done this...)
29. SupermanayrB posted on 02 Apr 2012, 13:42 0 0
Off this subject, do you know if that big @SS phone leaked next to the RAZR is indeed the Droid Fighter & will it be releasing on the 12th? I took back my Maxx within my 14 days based on that rumored information (which based on how it's been with the Bionic, RAZR & Maxx was pretty accurate).
24. gsengillo posted on 01 Apr 2012, 22:00 1 0
Is there an actual launch date for ICE coming to the RAZR MAXX
25. StillStuckWithDroid posted on 01 Apr 2012, 22:07 0 0
Yes there is......it is 3 days from now
28. rickbubello posted on 02 Apr 2012, 08:51 0 0
thats awesome know it all, but this leak exists and some of us have installed it already. Look over on rootzwiki and xda forums, saying the same thing I am. Sorry if you feel excluded because you dont have it yet, the version I tried was terrible for my specific phone, maybe it works better on others. Either way, it exists and stop being a little bitch