New ad for the Apple iPhone 5 highlights "Do Not Disturb" feature
0. phoneArena 02 Jan 2013, 01:46 posted on
A new ad for the Apple iPhone 5 highlights the new "Do Not Disturb" feature which allows you to turn off the ringer and not accept calls except for certain pre-set numbers which will be able to get through; this way, you can keep that dream going, you know, the one where you're crushing the Williams sisters in table tennis...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
DND app already there on googleplay for Android.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
many years....but on iPhone it hasn't been working since 1.1.2013 :-D
Almost every Apple software is like 20 year ago.....just an icon board
unfortunately they have so many illogical fans......so easy to influence them:
24. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Not all apple ad is cool.. Look at the comments and the like bar.. Poor ifans treat them like idiots..
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
S3 has it built in. The blocking mode.
This kind of shows how Apple is getting desperate. Advertising such a feature like it's something special. Oh wait..
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That feature debuted in ios6. Samsung added it as an update, after apple already had It. U r wrong. Watch YouTube buddy
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And blocking mode is poorly implemented as it still allows the phone to vibrate. Sammy copied apple on that one. Watch YouTube buddy.
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They are just advertising what they have copied from Android ... first it was panorama and now this :)
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They didn't copy this from android, and android has copied apple too. Anyways who's cares who copies who they all do it. And how does the copying benefit u, other than giving u ammo to act like a little simple minded kid on PA?
40. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I just have to comment that this too was around before iOS and Android... So anybody arguing about this is wrong.
42. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
so youre saying apple copied panorama.....
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple had already as an integrated feature in June iOS 6 release
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well it worked not to well on my gnote 2 which I returned two days after Xmas
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He's just a butthurt fanboy.
2. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
LOL Apple has become a laughing stock now, I guess their iDevice was not able to notify them that DO NOT DISTURB has been reported faulty....
3. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
Thank God I dont have this on my phone.....The other day I was dreaming that I was about to buy an iphone 5......a friend called up........
Saved me from a nightmare.......
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
They keep on advertising features their competitors had several years ago
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That was cute, but if I were having a dream that involved Serena Williams... We most definitely would not be playing Ping Pong! That woman is GORGEOUS!!!
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Is it same 'Do Not Disturb' feature which failed to work for majority of iPhone users on New year day.........???
46. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
LoL yep same feature that failed on the new year. Same Day the add released TONS of iOS users reported their do not disturb feature wouldn't shut off at the designated time. LoL take a look here
16. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
New feature? Like Symbian had this for years...
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude Symbian is dead. Nokia is about wp8 now
34. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
so when we say that the S3 has it, you say Apple had it first, when we say Symbian had it before Apple, you say it doesn't matter because it is dead? It does matter, you're just being a hypocrite.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No people who complain about who copy's who r hypocrites. I don't care who has it, jus give credit where it due. Apple had this before Samsung. That's it and that's all.
39. SleepingOz (unregistered)
And the old N-series had it before apple, so all the credits goes to Nokia.
"20. darkkjedii posted on 5 hours ago 3
And blocking mode is poorly implemented as it still allows the phone to vibrate. Sammy copied apple on that one. Watch YouTube buddy."
You must be the biggest hypocrite among us all then.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 21771; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I love how the droiders flock to every apple article to hate on apple/iOS. It's funny how y'all hate apple so much that u have to remind everyone everyday with these non creative disses lol. Y even click the article...that shows how much apple is on your mind.