New ad for the Apple iPhone 5 highlights "Do Not Disturb" feature
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Jan 2013, 01:46
A new ad for the Apple iPhone 5 highlights the new "Do Not Disturb" feature which allows you to turn off the ringer and not accept calls except for certain pre-set numbers which will be able to get through; this way, you can keep that dream going, you know, the one where you're crushing the Williams sisters in table tennis...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. anywherehome posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:42 4
many years....but on iPhone it hasn't been working since 1.1.2013 :-D
Almost every Apple software is like 20 year ago.....just an icon board
unfortunately they have so many illogical fans......so easy to influence them:
24. bachelorrn0121 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:13 0
Not all apple ad is cool.. Look at the comments and the like bar.. Poor ifans treat them like idiots..
14. darac posted on 02 Jan 2013, 03:27 7
S3 has it built in. The blocking mode.
This kind of shows how Apple is getting desperate. Advertising such a feature like it's something special. Oh wait..
18. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:06 1
That feature debuted in ios6. Samsung added it as an update, after apple already had It. U r wrong. Watch YouTube buddy
20. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:08 1
And blocking mode is poorly implemented as it still allows the phone to vibrate. Sammy copied apple on that one. Watch YouTube buddy.
25. rusticguy posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:58 5
They are just advertising what they have copied from Android ... first it was panorama and now this :)
27. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 05:16 0
They didn't copy this from android, and android has copied apple too. Anyways who's cares who copies who they all do it. And how does the copying benefit u, other than giving u ammo to act like a little simple minded kid on PA?
40. cripton805 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 11:24 0
I just have to comment that this too was around before iOS and Android... So anybody arguing about this is wrong.
42. jaoowolabi posted on 02 Jan 2013, 13:20 0
so youre saying apple copied panorama.....
19. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:07 0
Apple had already as an integrated feature in June iOS 6 release
28. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 05:17 0
Well it worked not to well on my gnote 2 which I returned two days after Xmas
44. Droid773 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 14:13 2
Works great on my Note ll and Galaxy S3.
45. SleepingOz posted on 02 Jan 2013, 15:23 0
He's just a butthurt fanboy.
2. ama3654 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:06 12
LOL Apple has become a laughing stock now, I guess their iDevice was not able to notify them that DO NOT DISTURB has been reported faulty....
3. Smart posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:20 9
Thank God I dont have this on my phone.....The other day I was dreaming that I was about to buy an iphone 5......a friend called up........
Saved me from a nightmare.......
10. tiara6918 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:50 2
They keep on advertising features their competitors had several years ago
11. Whateverman posted on 02 Jan 2013, 02:59 1
That was cute, but if I were having a dream that involved Serena Williams... We most definitely would not be playing Ping Pong! That woman is GORGEOUS!!!
13. jibraihimi posted on 02 Jan 2013, 03:17 2
Is it same 'Do Not Disturb' feature which failed to work for majority of iPhone users on New year day.........???
46. Twisted247 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 21:23 0
LoL yep same feature that failed on the new year. Same Day the add released TONS of iOS users reported their do not disturb feature wouldn't shut off at the designated time. LoL take a look here
34. wassup posted on 02 Jan 2013, 07:34 4
so when we say that the S3 has it, you say Apple had it first, when we say Symbian had it before Apple, you say it doesn't matter because it is dead? It does matter, you're just being a hypocrite.
37. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 09:18 0
No people who complain about who copy's who r hypocrites. I don't care who has it, jus give credit where it due. Apple had this before Samsung. That's it and that's all.
39. SleepingOz posted on 02 Jan 2013, 10:09 1
And the old N-series had it before apple, so all the credits goes to Nokia.
"20. darkkjedii posted on 5 hours ago 3
And blocking mode is poorly implemented as it still allows the phone to vibrate. Sammy copied apple on that one. Watch YouTube buddy."
You must be the biggest hypocrite among us all then.
23. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 04:13 1
I love how the droiders flock to every apple article to hate on apple/iOS. It's funny how y'all hate apple so much that u have to remind everyone everyday with these non creative disses lol. Y even click the article...that shows how much apple is on your mind.
35. HouTexan posted on 02 Jan 2013, 08:20 0
As if you make it any better by replying with the same "hater" comments over and over again. smh
38. darkkjedii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 09:19 0
Who do I hate on exactly lol. Post any link to an article with me hating... Please
30. bipinm posted on 02 Jan 2013, 05:42 1
my sony c510 have that feature...i think k750 has that too...block all calls except the one on the list...
They dont have to brag about it like its an all new and great feature...thats all im gonna say...
43. SleepingOz posted on 02 Jan 2013, 13:55 0
Only apple can, right? And you said you're not a fanboy. Seriously!
36. KingKurogiii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 08:57 0
i saw this on T.V. on the Hotel and thought it was pretty stupid. what an insignificant feature to showcase, this has been around on many phones for years.
41. cripton805 posted on 02 Jan 2013, 11:27 0
My blocking mode is my power button. They can leave me a voicemail or a text. If they don't, then it must not be important.