New Zealand police to buy 10,000 iOS devices, beating out Android and BlackBerry
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2013, 02:27 posted on
On Wednesday, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, John Key, and Police Minister Anne Tolley announced that 6,000 cops on the street will be getting an Apple iPhone while 3,900 will also be receiving an Apple iPad; the purchase of nearly 10,000 iOS units comes as the police change carriers to Vodafone and follows an 11 month trial with 100 police that saw iOS beat out Android and BlackBerry...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes they do. I think the New Zealand police force made a solid choice in the iPhone. Android, wp8, and BB10 would've been good as well, but Hey they chose apple...not bad at all.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No but the extremely good iPhone, and iPad are products and they're the New Zealand PD products of choice. Now run along and be a good little apple hater
36. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Pretty sure its due to corruption.....otherwise they buy much much cheaper Nexus 7 with pc connection, free file copy etc.....enough for service to people!
2. pongkie (Posts: 538; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
they should have invested to more rugged devices.
11. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
They better not get caught playing games on those iPads on duty.
15. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Me thought the same, they will enjoy playing NFS Most Wanted most. And I hope they know how to install Google Maps before they lost in pursuit
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Funny, those policemen say Apple maps is dangerous, and now they line up for an iPad?
Another tax money wasted... Lol
simple nexus 7 or a playbook should be fine for them, not iPad lol
6. Equilibrium (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Australia and New Zealand are two different countries bro.
Also these are policeman, while the previous article was talking about fire services.
9. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I can't believe wendygarett is talking like this.
I have to give a thousand thumb-ups for that comment
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wendy go back, and re read those two articles...please.
5. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
NZ authority must be out of their mind. (jealous. i want iPad mini) lol
7. nikenturd (unregistered)
first thing a police officer need on a smartphone is a battery that will last him through the day plus a rock solid exterior tha doent crack....An iPhone???? come on now
8. nikenturd (unregistered)
This is all part of Apple's propaganda to salvage their dwindling stock value.....Given the choice, i honestly dont think they couldve opted for a brittle phone .. money talks indeed
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man shut up! All you ever talk about is this propaganda crap. If they chose apple they chose apple. Who cares, other than you? The New Zealand police force knows what they're doing, while you sit at home on the couch and whine babble, and moan. Apple is their supplier and you can't do a darn thing about... BIG BABY!!!
10. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
They could have considered a 920. It could have doubled as a weapon/shield.
16. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
New Zealand together with USA ,Australia, Canada ,UK and Japan are all stupid because they don't like android.
They are also some of the most technologically advanced countries but that's another story.
Anyway it seems like if you like ios you are stupid nowadays, maybe new Zealand's police should ask the guys over here on what should they buy.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was the most STUPID comment I've ever heard.
20. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Welcome to phonearena little girl
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 4397; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Come on Dark...say something intelligent. We need guidance oh smart one.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Choose what you like, and don't allow others to pressure u into buying what they like.
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And Lyndon go back and read funnyguys comment. U know as well as I, that comment made no sense at all
31. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Well I think there are a lot of responses for a comment that makes no sense...
This comment is designed to make people question themselves, you don't really understand what I said but subconsciously your mind does...
In other words people on phonearena are being really smart asses saying that American people or Japanese people are stupid for choosing or buying ios devices but the truth to be told both these countries have the biggest history when it comes to electronics ...
In other worlds they know something most people dont
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now u sound like an intelligent grownup, and not the typical close minded, my way or the highway, android loving, apple hater.
21. FireDragon (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I hope they will not use the Apple Maps, then they will be next to announce Maps Dangerous, Maps not Healthy, Maps No No.
24. lyndon420 (Posts: 4397; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Well...if they do use apple maps, at least rescue services will be close by if/when you get lost.
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And Australia considers Apple maps dangerous. Bribes can work wonders and nothing is easier than Bribing politicians.
29. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
34. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I have an Samsung galaxy s3 and iPhone 5 I love them both but the iPhone is lag free and never freeze up on me so I can say that the iPhone's iOS is better/stable than the Android.I think this is the reason wherefore the police has made this choice.It's my opinion :) .
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I have the iPhone 5 and note 2, and I agree with u 100%. There's also two apps on my note 2 that force close a lot, score center and flipboard.