New York Magazine's Roose calls BlackBerry Z10 "a piece of crap"
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2013, 04:34 posted on
New York Magazine's BlackBerry Z10 died after 4 days which led to tongue in cheek eulogy for the device written by Kevin Roose; the author wrote about the "revolutionary" 70,000 apps on the OS and discussed the multiple number of crashes that his unit suffered as well as the lack of some major apps like Instagram and Netflix (which allegedly is coming soon)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Indeed. 69 thumbs up for that ny magazine....should be hired by pa to write news and articles
as i said, bb 10 will fail hard..
11. shandesilva (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
why dont you use your real name instead of a cover up.
you are the piece of crap in my opinion.
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
so you're saying that i'm the writer who disguise as pa user?
32. ajac09 (Posts: 1480; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
He only said what everyone else is thinking. Iphonearena turning into crackberry arena slowly but surely lol
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also think that BlackBerry failed!
And for those who going to say that I'm hater or that it is my wish or so... I want to say that I'm not a hater and it is not my wish, it is my opinion, I think that BlackBerry failed!
2. SIGPRO (Posts: 1306; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
hahah fail!....but than again it was maybe a faulty one, these things happens!
3. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Hey Roose , if BlackBerry Z10 is a piece of crap , go and make a smartphone .
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
a flagship device is not supposed to die for no reason, that's such a shame for rim...errr, blackberry
16. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Right, what about the huge amount of Galaxy S3's that are dying?
By your logic that is also a shame for Samsung RIGHT?
18. peacekeeper05 (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The difference is, Samsung is at the TOP. Blackberry is at the BOTTOM, there is no room for errors. If they want to rise to the again, then improve their product's quality.
19. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No. No brand has room for errors be the brand big or small, a phone that dies for no reason is not a good phone, this applies to Samsung also, stop being a fanboy.
22. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the difference is, this bb 10 is dying after only 4 days, the galaxy s iii is about 100 days, i don't know the exact number though
23. iushnt (Posts: 1484; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
And the problem is already fixed by Samsung..
35. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Right, it has hapenned to one person so far. If it keeps on going then you can diss them because hardware failures are unpredictable. Now a 400+ page thread on XDA about SGS3 sudden death seems more of a problem than one blackberry that died.
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
just because he called bb "piece of crap" doesn't neccesarily mean he is an apple fanboy, he might be a wp fanboy, or android, idk
9. Piotrek007 (Posts: 112; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Naaah, after calling BB piece of crap, giving regards to apple... Hes an iBoy for sure :>
5. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Ohhhhh, man. That's got to hurt, Blackberry...
This was probably the only faulty one in a batch of many, and a reviewer for the New York Magazine happens to get it...
Definitely didn't help...
8. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
brace yourselves....bb fanboys are coming to defend their idol
10. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'm not a huge fan of BlackBerry, but any journalist that describes something as "a piece of crap" loses a lot of credibility in my view.
40. ZeroCide (Posts: 765; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Did you see this article
He may be justified in calling it "a piece of crap". He acually used the device.
12. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
No surprise here.
Old tech with measly 1800mah battery.
Gonna go down in flames
13. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Im sorry but i have to agree, sub standard materials, average specs, average screen and a buggy o.s. All on a device that is supposed to save blackberry, im sorry but its just not good enough....
15. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
if you are a type of person resist change then no one is forcing you.. i think mr. Roose is entitled on his opinion but his ways of writing is too pathetic, too much one sided the BB's advantage are shortly comprise in a word or phrase. as a journalist you have the power of influencing other people's mind. so as much as possible you should give an honest and as much as possible neutral opinion and not a one sided one its a shame that NY mag is paying a writer writes crap and empty article..
17. peacekeeper05 (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
@phonearena, Nope! Asking for another review unit is not the right thing to do. If I bought one and the phone literally died after four days, I would be really pissed and angry too. I spent hundreds of dollars on it and I expect it to be functional from day 1 and not give me any HEADACHE! Going to a customer support/service centers is a waste of time that could've been prevented if the phone underwent a rigid quality test. I know that all manufacturers (even Apple) has phones that are faulty but this is different because Blackberry is company asking for a second chance in the phone market. There is little room for errors
42. verty (Posts: 121; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You are not making sense at all. Your reasoning is so crappy!!
24. maurellemejos (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
He is just a single person. There are better reviewers out there. The geeks who really read each specs. Go and try the product yourself.
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is a delimma. I agree that all phones can have faulty, bad units. I also agree BB cant afford for this to be happening right now.
As long as its not wide spread....they will be fine.
Alot of us feel certain ways about phones, TV's, etc based on bad experiences. I woulda asked for a replacement tho, and tried again.
26. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
google or microsoft will end up buying blackberry once it goes bankrupt. Watch the share price (NASDAQ:BBRY) today for a good laugh.
27. lyndon420 (Posts: 3721; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That's too bad. I was hoping bb could improve their expiry date past 3-4 months.
28. Armor (Posts: 52; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Hey Mr. Roose,
We now see what kind of reviewer you are. By far the worst reviewer ever. Apple makes a phone that you have to hold a certain way for it to work? Where is the quality in that. You did not even ask Blackberry for a replacement unit. You are a piece of crap. Will never look at that publication again.
29. damokles (unregistered)
WHY do they let people review phones, if they don't have any idea what they're talking about? :/
31. papss (unregistered)
Nice... I just think that they should come out of the gate with their best phone.. If this is their best phone then they are in trouble
34. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Companies like RIM(blackberry) & Nokia are trying hard to get back in the game which might result in some really cool innovation. I think we should give them a chance(as they were great before & not were the dumbest student of the class) like we do for a failing student. And again the BB10 OS looks futuristic as some part of any process can be done by different processor in a network. It should work brilliantly in a couple of years from now.
36. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
this is the same guy say about the samsung galaxy S 2
37. Muzhhur (Posts: 260; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
its not about a muscle phone, its about efficiency and great experience, because of that Android an IOS achieve more costumers, BB its the same s**** but tactil
38. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
That was an extremely biased review, shouldn't even be published.
41. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
iNewYork magazine. what a bunch of dumb a$$ journalism they are. BB haven't even been release yet still those journalist talking trash bout BB. Theres still lots of BB owners that wants the BB 10 to release so don't judge a phone when it's not release.