New TV ads for the HTC One are all about BlinkFeed while taking on the Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 10 May 2013, 20:14 posted on
Attacking the competition has become a common feature seen in the national prime time television commercials promoting a smartphone manufacturer or a specific platform, Samsung started this back with its ads for the Samsung Galaxy S II that featured Apple iPhone owners waiting on line to buy the next version of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Flipboard is better and works on every phone.
16. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
hahaha exactly. I was on the AT&T checking if I should go for the One or the S4, but after comparing and reading, I saw the S4 was the way to go, i loved the screem, the design, the new features, etc. and well about the One i just found that the blinkfeed is like a ful page flipboard as a widget, but i really love the dual front speakers, they have a nice sound quality that all newer smartphones should come with this.
22. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
It's sad u got voted down just for stating your opinion !
23. AmitMajumder (Posts: 173; Member since: 21 May 2012)
HTC fanboys effect!!!
P.S. :- some of them still exist.
44. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Well, i would love to see people buying things because they like/love it, not because fanaticism. I'm glad that HTC is doing good with this one, they deserve it, also Sony. I didn't buy the S3, because it was not that good enough for me (I wanted the quadcore processor with LTE, so the US variant didn't match this spec, so i waited for the Note 2, and i got that one). This year i was waiting for the S4, but when i saw the Xperia Z, i was very impressed but until i saw that it was using the S4 Pro and has some viewing angles problems, so i skipped that one and after i saw the HTC One and i loved it, but since the launch of the S4 was really close i just waited for it, then i was impressed by the reviews, and features and finally my own hands on bought me.
Also i've the iPhone 5 32GB Black, and waiting for my Xperia Tablet Z lol, people should not merry with one brand.
I just try to get the best for me.
49. lovesamsung9x (unregistered)
Samsung seps we get it damn Samsung phones got a big lag and the are like holding plastic that you just took out of the garbage after it been pissed on
41. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Well, at least i don't have someone telling me about my typos errors, lol.
Anyway screen*, full*, just in case lol.
29. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
s4 hasnt got radio
s4 warms much than htc one
s4 couldn confortable in hands
s4 hasnt got louder and stereo sound in headphones and loudspeakers
s4 couldn't impress girls :) ahahahha
33. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Both handsets have their own downsides.. both of dem are great smartphones.
Ur 2nd point isnt proven w/ solid evidence(by most or all users)
3rd point hmm ahmmmm hmm how?
g_galaxy_s4_vs_htc_one-review-913p5.phplook at d audio test
42. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
1. Radio, i don't listen local radio, i just read the news using flipboard, if i want to listen music i use a nice podcast app (Pocket Casts) or Digital Imported Radio and my local music files.
2. My phone is not having that issue, the battery temp right now is 24 grades Celsius, that's good enough
3. Well, is well known that people have different hand sizes, so in my case, this phone is very comfortable, i used to have the Note 2
4. I agree with you, the speaker could be better, then headphones is very good, i'm using a Skullcandy 50/50, with a nice and rich sound
5. Wrong, this phone in fact impress girls, maybe is not the phone maybe is me lol, but yeah it's working so i'm good with this.
45. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
garbage fan boy go get your check from Samsung lag phone of the year
47. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
My God, why did u create persons like this one..?? Whats wrong w/ his opinion, tell him and pls dont reply w/ immature comment..
48. hawra (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
he or she is telling the truth Samsung fans are like apple fans they are garbage Samsung is the cheapest phones you can get they are the cheapest parts and they are damn laggy phones and there features are use less.
54. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Did you even read what he said ? He clearly said 'dont marry 1 brand'. Also, in the second post he just cleared his experience with S4 against, what he thought, were false claims by a person who doesn't even own a handset.
Have an opinion rather calling someone a garbage. If you think he is not right just put your argument.
Also, get your facts right as Samsung's Cost of Producing of GS4 is higher than that of iPhone 5 (dont know about HTC One)
This site is filled with people like you who hate/love brands. It is clearly evident from the red thumbs
57. hawra (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
im talking about the user juanyunis he been trolling all over this post im not talking this post im talking every post he made in general he is a Samsung paid student.
82. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Well, i'm a man. Anyway i wasn't posting anything on other HTC news, or whatever, so you cannot call me a troll. I'm not a fanboy, if you read my posts, i've the S4 16GB, an iPhone 5 32GB, waiting for May 24 for the Xperia Tablet Z 16GB.
Also, i'm not a paid student, lol. It's funny to see how people start creating tales about anything.
77. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
so thats why it cost more to make the s4
go troll somewhere else
53. dashax10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 May 2013)
his comment is not immature this Samsung fanboys bash all HTC articles cause there phone come up short this year.
55. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
?? The opposite is what ive obsrved..
Htc One vs Gs4? Ur preference will make your decision coz both handsets have their own pros and cons
59. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
and trust me I know for fact that you have created several fake profiles so that you can thumb people down because I had no thumbs down this morning but all of a sudden I got several thumbs down in matter of 15 minutes, for an article which was posted so long ago ?!?!
61. dashax10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 May 2013)
listen i have no time to make accounts you are the guy that probably has many accounts because you always bashing any phone that is not Samsung i have seen many of your posts.
65. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I'd love if you can find me 1 article in which I have bashed other phones.
I accept that I do like Samsung but I never bash other phones.
Also, if you think there are so many Samsung fans on this site then why only my comments and other Samsung supporters are thumbed down if we support Samsung and yours not ? Maybe coz of ur several profiles.
Your 2nd last comment even doesnt make sense. What is 'short this year' ?!?! and u still got thumbs up for that ?
78. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Samsung fanboys bash all HTC articles cause there phone come up short this year ???
i guess ur right since the s4 is out selling the one
81. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Well, i'm not a fanboy, read my comments, i use whatever is better for me. In my case, after i get my phone i rooted it, change the CPU governor to interactive and the scheduler to noop, and it's blazing fast, also removed all the bloatware from ATT. It's working good, no lags on games, touchwiz, etc.
But that's ok, if you love your phone (HTC One) good for you, that was your choice, no one could blame you, i'm not saying that the phone is bad, i'm just saying that the real feature of this phone is the amazing sound quality, the great screen too, and the metal unibody, it's just that i chose the samsung because i liked it, it has new features like my old Note 2, and the multiwindow app (killer feature for me).
75. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
as an owner of the galaxy s4 and htc one
1. who uses radio in a fone anyway
2. htc gets hotter
3. i love the feel in my hands
4. i think its just as loud (really shocked me)
5. people ask me more about the galaxy s4
79. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
you have got to be the most horrible speller in history
25. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Show Blinkfeed but whats the point of bashing other phone??
Secondly blinkfeed is useless, it's like an app being used as a widget...and if you really want to see everything in 1 place, see BBOS 10....blackberry making ads regarding all in one place makes sense but HTC...not at all
34. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I like blinkfeed maybe bcoz i like d live wallpaper of samsung-d one that flashes news
News Wall LWP whch debuted in gs3
It is useful actually
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Brilliant ad HTC! And yes the iPhone nothing but DIRT.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 17549; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Does that make you feel big? And yes the iPhone nothing but dirt... I'll give you a green thumb too from my iphone.
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
HTC ONE IS BIGGER than your iPhone. And give u a red thumbs down for not having a sense of humor. Sent by my Xperia phone.
58. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
sense of humor , can i play then
your nothing but dirt.............your right thats funny.......funnier still is how you hate a inanimate object and face it you only slate the iphone to get the high fives of other sad fanboys
69. darkkjedii (Posts: 17549; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said bro. It's funny how much of a follower dude is, he has to constantly remind his fellow fanboys that he hates all things apple, so he gets to stay in the club. And yes iPhone nothing but dirt... What was that even for lol.
71. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
im bored of the constant bs from these kind of people. they claim to hate apple yet cant wait to comment on the apple articles
the thumbs have lost meaning on here, if i said androids the best boom loads of green but if i dare say samsung needs a redesign or android is for everyone loads of red lol
whats real funny is how that piece of dirt iphone is responsible for pushing smartphones to where they are now plus it still can compete with the android offering depending what you want or like
something android fanboys have forgotten, people have difference preferences
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 17549; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Excellent post truthful, and thought out. Inspectorgadget80 please take notice to this. The childlike apple bashes have gotten tired, and don't accomplish anything. Those who like iPhones will still like them after reading your dissed, those who don't like iPhones don't actually need you to remind them not to like them. Point being...hit air is hot air
83. ecmedic4 (Posts: 298; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Wow, there is ppl on here with some sense after all. I applaud you sir for your non-biased, non-egotistical, and common sense comment. You hit the nail on the head when you say ppl have different preferences. Unfortunately there are so many on this site that cannot fathom that or understand it. I myself enjoy my iPhone 5 because it suits my needs and preferences, but i still think Android is an excellent OS, and im also interested in a Nokia Lumia 920. I enjoy reading about and trying out all the different platforms, as i just enjoy smartphones period, but my daily driver is an iPhone 5. I have no qualms with anyone that doesnt like Apple or the iPhone, their choice, but they dont have to constantly bash my choice, and that goes vice versa as well. Everyone needs to GROW up and understand everyone has an opinion and preference.
68. darkkjedii (Posts: 17549; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok, but my note 2 is bigger than the HTC One so now what? Also don't be a liar dude, you didn't say that remark out of a sense of humor...c'mon man keep it real. Everyone on this site knows you're a notorious iPhone hater, that loves attention...21 green thumbs mission accomplished.
6. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Attacking the competition with TV ads i think there's nothing wrong with that.
but i hope they not doing some nasty stuff like this :
7. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
U just wanted to say something negative about samsung right?
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
yes i do at least what i have said is not some BS,
20. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Samsung already done it now it's HTC turn. Theirs nothing negative bout this ad.
It's the truth & suppose too be funny.
38. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i'm fine with this HTC TV ads or like Lumia ads but have you check the link???
you will know why i said "some nasty stuff"
8. Aeires (unregistered)
With voice search such as Google Now, Siri, and S Voice, neither of these commercials are on target. I don't know of anyone that "digs" for information like they are trying to demonstrate here.
11. twens (Posts: 863; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Blinkfeed?? Is that all the features htc one has?? I prefer the gimmicky s4 all the same.
14. Hemlocke (unregistered)
True. I didn't use it on mine, but different strokes, and all that. At least they let you change your primary homescreen and shove on down the line.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No offence to One Fans, but isn't Blinkfeed just Flipboard stuck to the home launcher (minus the local stuff like stored camera pics and stuff)?
15. Jason2k13 (Posts: 978; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
is there a way to turn off blinkfeed? because that will eat alot of data and battery.
30. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
set another page homescreen and dont swipe to blinkfeed page. and set blinkfeed's news apps off.
17. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Nice ad :D As for Blinkfeed, its a bit of a mixed bag for me. I have tried it and it looks nice. In a way it is a flipboard, but I like the UI and the sliding animation. The only problem with Blinkfeed is that it's always there, meaning you can't get rid of it. It won't be a problem for some people that like using it, but other users who don't like it will be stuck with it.I think a better decision for HTC is to make Blinkfeed a widget so that people can add or remove it if they choose to.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha.......every manufacturer is attacking the dirt iPhone! So......Sony, LG, when you two are gonna attack the dirt iPhone as well?
By the way, nice ad HTC!