New Sprint ad reinforces unlimited data for the Apple iPhone
Sprint knows that they have an advantage over the other carriers in the US because they still offer an all you can download buffet on smartphones. In their own words, it is a “differentiator.” The advertisement that Sprint has unleashed is 100% iPhone, filled with application icons floating over buildings and trains all over a city. This is Sprint’s biggest attempt to lure potential iPhone buyers to their network rather than rivals AT&T and Verizon.
Sprint offers both the Apple iPhone 4 and the recently launched Apple iPhone 4S. The ad itself does not focus on one or the other, just the iPhone line as a whole. They end the commercial with the tag line “Truly unlimited data for your iPhone.” Although there have been some concerns with how slow the iPhone has operated on Sprint’s 3G network, this ad will surely bring some new customers in their direction.
Take a look at the ad and tell us what you think of it in the comments below.
source: Mac Rumors
1. josh10132 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
They may not throttle data speeds but in my area it's worse than throttled speeds i wish they would get the Panhandle of Texas going with better 3G
4. Birds (Posts: 1139; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, the reason why Sprint has unlimited data is because they throttled their 3G to 0.071 megabytes per/s. It keeps their cell sites from being strained.
2. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
There's more than one way to get unlimited data, but with the iPhone, it's worth it. Because the iPhone is honestly the only device right now worth having.
6. xray174 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
no flash small screen not worth having for me
16. quakan (Posts: 1285; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
soon no one will have flash so thats irrelevant now
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
HUH, you must be joking....I laughed ....a lot...thanks.
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it must be hard for EVO owners... having unlimited data and wasting it in restaring your phone... must be tough...
7. xray174 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
and the iphone 4s last u 2 hours and u out of juice ur point
10. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Please lets not compare batteries...because honestly its no contest. Android definitely has its advantages, but battery life isn't one. My friend has to carry his charger and car charger with him everywhere because his bionic dies so fast. and its not just him, because people all over my school complain about android battery. I get a full day easily with my ip4 with heavy usage.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
@xray174..dude this is not facebook ..we dont need to see your ugly face... please cover up...
15. firelightx (Posts: 71; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Wasn't really necessary. He had a dumb comment but lets leave it at that.
21. spanky (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
i get alot better battery life with my 4s than i did with my evo.. i must say i miss android tho...
17. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don\'t hate on the Evo because its better. I have an iPod touch 4 and everything about it is worse.
5. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
hhmmm all these conspiracy theories but around my place I get about 1mega down on 3g and and about 5mega on 4g. Not everywhere though but that verizon was acutally worst-much worse.
8. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
I dont usually comment on here but just in case anyone is going to sign up with Sprint...
Dont. If your in Los Angeles at least. Data speeds are at best .30 Mb/s. Its not even worth the unlimited data because at that rate you wont ever reach 5 GB/mo. I hesitate every time im not on wifi of using any data because its so slow.
The prices aren't even that much cheaper anymore. Im paying 80/mo for my Evo. Im going to cancel early and switch to T-Mobile. Im sick of being on sprint.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
SPRINT 3G is slow - too bad it was not on WiMAX....
20. usguyver (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2009)
i have sprint and in down town la i get 1.50mbs down and 1 up all the time so i don't know what your talking about and i have had sprint for 8 years
12. christianqwerty (Posts: 464; Member since: 05 May 2011)
with at&t i have fast internet and unlimited data! (grandfathered plan FTW) i get about 2 mbps with regular 3g, on my non 4g smartphone
18. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
You know what you do when 3g is slow on Sprint? Take advantage of its 4g! Oh, wait a minute...
22. twashington4 (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 May 2010)
It's understood that in some places Sprint service is quite good as far as 3G and Wimax, but if you add up all the markets as a whole and compare it to Verizon and AT&T, it sucks. Just as a whole, but wherever you may be it may be good...just know that as a whole...it sucks. Sprint knows it...this is not news.