New Samsung "Roma" Tablet said to have 10.1 inch display matching Google Nexus 10
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 13:28 posted on
Samsung is said to be prepping a 10.1 inch tablet with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 and a 299ppi pixel density; if this all sounds familiar, it is because those specs match exactly those belonging to the Google Nexus 10 slate which happens to also be manufactured by Korean tech titan Samsung and is available from the Google Play Store...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The leaked photo of the tablet is still creeping me out!
A tablet with a physical home button with two capacitive buttons is just strange for a tablet!
In my opinion, tablets should have on-screen buttons. :)
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, to be fair, Apple's done this physical buttons on tablets thing for over 3 years now, and they've been doing pretty well to say the least. Samsung is approaching Apple status in the market now; everyone wants either the iPhone or the new Galaxy Sx. The physical buttons sure won't affect sales.
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
So many tab rumors one end a high end octo one on the low end this one.
11. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 360; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Amen brudduh. Enough with all the leaks and renders - wake me up when you have an actual product to talk about.
21. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Intel powered android tablets will put these to shame.
3. McLTE (Posts: 746; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
For the love of all that is holy Android Tablet vendors.. SHRINK THE DAMN BEZEL!
10. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 360; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Phones can be held in one hand and don't need much of a bezel, if any. Most people can probably palm a 7 device so you can get away without much of a bezel there as well. But without a bezel, how would you hang onto a heavy/awkward 10" tablet?
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Also I hate thick bezel on phones(iphone and lumia for examples), I completely agree with your comment.
17. McLTE (Posts: 746; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm ok with a reasonable bezel, say 1/4-1/3 of an inch, but seriously.. when I look at these tablets, it seems like the bezel dominates the whole design.
When I hold tablets, I really have no problem holding them in such a way taht does not cause me to have to have my thumbs all over the front of the screen.
4. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
haters now don't start off with the plastic thing especially HTC n Apple fanboys just look into ur past phones which were made all the way from plastic and still r continuing it...just see the leaked images of the upcoming iphone
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O gosh looks ugly!
Get rid of those big bezels and those curves!
The best looking Tabs is by SONY Z, with only quarter inch bezel and with sharp edges, but let down by its specs!
6. cR203 (Posts: 192; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I wish I saw super amoled somewhere in that article.
27. DerryAhmad (Posts: 255; Member since: 05 May 2012)
+1. I'm still waiting for the next S-Amoled display tablet to replace my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.
8. amats69 (Posts: 1226; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Samsung should fire thier design team! they can offer to the market a very good specs but why they cant do the same on design???Samsung wake up!
9. amats69 (Posts: 1226; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh how i wish HTC will make a Tab with the design of HTC One..with a superb specs! im pretty sure this would be the time that i will leave Apple Ipads and shift to Android Tabs!
15. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
agreed 100% that would be a beautiful tablet
13. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
A new design would be much appreciated. Hope the picture is fake. Also, put the exynos 5 octa in the tablet, not the dual core
16. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I think samsung is capable of producing Same resolution tab with snapdragon 800 @2.3Ghz and gorilla glass 3.
18. guest (Posts: 230; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Pass. Got the N10 and it lagged too much. If this has the same screen and processor + touchiwz it's going to really suck. Plus the battery life was terrible. Playing games on the N10 wore out the battery really fast. 3 -4 hours play time all because of samoled. :-/
23. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
The N10 doesn't have a Samoled display. I think it has PLS LCD....
24. cR203 (Posts: 192; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
It does have a real stripe pls display. In my opinion it would have been better if it was super amoled though.
25. cR203 (Posts: 192; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I have the nexus 10 and the display is great but color reproduction is mediocre and the light bleed makes blacks not really black. To me the colors in the nexus 10 is lacking saturation and vibrance. Could just be me though.
29. Taters (Posts: 4635; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No idea where people are buying these laggy Nexus 10 devices with poor battery life. Much smoother than my Nexus 4 and battery life is nuts.
20. medicci37 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
If they priced it like the rest of their tabs, it's way 2 expensive. Rather wait for the next full sized Nexus tab
22. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Why wouldn't go all out on this tablet then? Go with the Exynos 5 Octa core, and it'll sell better if not for the sole reason that eight cores obviously sounds more powerful than two, and if big.LITTLE goes as planned, then it should have battery life comparable to that of the Nexus 10, hopefully