New Samsung Galaxy S5 concept compares the handset to the S4 and S III
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2014, 20:45 posted on
Everyone is expecting the new Samsung Galaxy S5 to be slightly larger than the current S4 flagship, so here is a concept design which illustrates that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Not a bad concept. I personally like the physical home button on the front. I'd like to see the rear design.
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
lol ok I'm looking forward to the G3 too, don't worry you're not the only one.
21. XaErO (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I agree !! .. I like this design very much .. it looks sturdy, lean, strong and appeals as premium.
I also like the physical home button on front .. its the Samsung style !!
24. dratomic (Posts: 461; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
i dont know why people hate home button. its galaxy series' signature. i think on screen buttons are poorly implemented in android and are wasting screen state (if you had experience with maemo or meego you know what i mean). so i love physical home button. that why i prefer galaxies to other.
29. UglyFrank (Posts: 381; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
It looks fine besides that big wasted space at the bottom
2. galanoth (Posts: 318; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
It's crazy how the unveiling is only 2 weeks away yet there are no definitive leaks on what it looks like.
Good job on the secrecy this year.
13. bibekpachhai (unregistered)
I was thinking the same! We kinda have an idea of what z2 looks like and maybe 1 leak of G2 pro and HTC one(2014) but none what so ever of Samsung s5
25. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
You don't really know if they will unveil it yet. They could be doing that in 1 more month. It was the same like last year when you didn't really see the phone. We already know the specs pretty much so bad on secrecy.
3. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Just 17 days to go!!
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 543; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's a glossy plastic nexus 5, dats how I see it.
5. LGisgood (Posts: 435; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
looks like LG nexus 5 with physical button.
26. Klamba92 (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yes it looks like they have taken the design of the galaxy nexus and nexus 5, but that is not a bad thing!
31. Klamba92 (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
True, I hope they go with this style tbh! Has elements of the galaxy premier as well!
7. sunnyfpy (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Go for S6 instead, S5 not worth the marginal upgrade in spec.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Samsung should get rid of that physical home button.
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, capacitive or on screen buttons would be better than physical.
14. Professor (Posts: 136; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
The only logical reason to remove the physical or mechanical home botton from the lower part of the phone I'd in order to be able to make the phone smaller. It makes no logical sense to remove the mechanical botton and make the phone the same size but just without the botton.
20. chongbh (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
What a joke from Samsung and they do not have nice design compared to the Japanese so just extension from their S4 and make it without physical buttons.
23. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
that bad and look thicker and looks like nexus
30. Loubielou (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
There is nothing Wrong at All with the Home Button,as its Quick way of turning your screen back on,as having the button on the Side of the phone might become Very Annoying,i have seen the Sony Xperia with out the Home button,an might mates gets very annoyed looking for the Side button on is phone,Will Samsung bring back the F.M Radio on the Galaxy S5?as thats one of the reasons the Galaxy S4 was no so popular with some people an stayed loyal to ther Galaxy S3