New Samsung Galaxy S5 ad suggests iPhone users are "wall huggers"
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2014, 12:03 posted on
Samsung wants to show the world that its Galaxy S5 flagship has an impressive battery, and it advises iPhone users to try it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
iPosers don't care, aslong it has an iFruit "Embelem" logo on it.
Lmao, sitting near dustbins and charging thier iToy. Wth.
No wonder all dustbin users own an iPhone.
18. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
That's only your view...had the iPhone users loved Apple logo that much, this ad wouldn't have existed.... this ad isn't meant to entertain trolls and fanboys, they are trying to convince some of the iPhone users to buy the galaxy s5.
...And all dustbin owners own an iPhone?
75. techperson211 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Even ipad and iPod touch are the same. Battery problems.
48. enthasuium (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
S5 battery life is awesome, If s5 gets Android L update then Battery will improve again by a good margin...i see no chance for iphone 6
54. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
but the android L is for all android devices, if the iphone user wants to try android, he/she will also think of the other android phones.
there are a lot of android flagships being released all the time.
95. enthasuium (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
other android phone? how? LG latest g3 couldnt beat 5 month old s5 with 200mah more battery. Htc coundnt .
96. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
There is some time for the release of the new iPhone... we may get to see some phones with good battery lives in the future.
Most of the users will look for a phone with good battery life, they don't look for the phone that has topped the charts.
The galaxy s5 battery life maybe a little better but users will also think about the phones with more ram newer processors and better screen resolutions.
I wish people had taken battery life more seriously, then we would have had phones with much better battery lives by now...way better than the s5 or the others.
97. enthasuium (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
s5 battery life maybe a little better? come on man. s5 has tablet category battery life, ultra power saving gives you 2 weeks battery life. iphone cant beat that.,,
,why the hell people would purchase a battery extension case for 700$ iphone???? are u kidding???
98. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Now that's what the iPhone users are already doing, they are buying cases instead of the s5...the ultra power saving mode, unlike the battery extension cases, limits the features to extend the battery life which is not something that is useful everyday.
I love phones with longer battery life, my nexus 5 doesn't give me enough of it and i wish it had a removable battery but I am talking about the typical iPhone users since this ad is for them.
56. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
if the battery life isn't good, the user can purchase a battery extension case
49. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They're not "trying" anymore. People are convinced when they do finally make the switch to Galaxy.
55. techspace (Posts: 1036; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
they are still "trying", if people are already convinced, then why is Samsung spending money on these ads?
84. lohis (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Wont buy samsung lool why should i???? Even tje nexus five is better or the huawei with kirin 920 and it has better battery life than samsung XD
46. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
tbh iphones goes through a day quite good, i'm a bit of a wallhugger with my Z1 since its battery feels like its 1500mah or something.. Don't get me wrong i can go from 100% to 25% in 8 hours, but its still really bad for a phone with a 3000mah battery. My old S3 held up about 1-2 days.. aswell as my 4s held atleast a full day. Can't wait until IFA, need a new phone xD
68. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
dude that was with previous update
try the last one it improves the battery a lot and fix the problem of google play store ;)
82. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I know the latest uppdate helpedn in bettery, not by a huge margain but about 15-20% Its still pretty bad. I never har problems with the playstore only with the darn keyboard since it tends to F*ck up sometimes and i have to turn the screen off and wait 10sec+ before i can write again. The z1 is nice overall but i still consider battery top priority.
79. mhiharisz1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
Due respect; I'm using Z1 more than 9months and yes I admit; there was a problem in software which cause the battery draining.
But with the latest update.............It's awesome.
Please don't compare those toy apple phones with Xperia Z1 pls.
38. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
battery is not that bad its just an advertisement man. And yah the price at which apple sell these things those dustbins better be made of platinum ...lol
61. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yep I remember when I was at the airport last month. i saw SOOO MANY iphone wall huggers charging their iPhone while my XPERIA Z1 Android still have plentiful of power for my flight to florida still at 80% that is. Best ad ever since the orignal GS III ad launch.
80. skyline88 (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
iDustbin, coming soon for blind naive iFans
89. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
"Back in March, BlackBerry CEO John Chen also called iPhone users wall huggers. Is this becoming a trend, or what?"...
No its not becoming a trend, its a reality
63. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Hopefully when the GALAXY F/NOTE IV launch we see more ads like these again
4. sks1969 (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
They are farting, the international version of Galaxy S5 is worse than the iphone.
5. nctx77 (Posts: 2046; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Hey Sammy good look on marketing the new iphone coming out lol! As far as battery life, Android fanboys be sitting right next to me at the airport with their phones plugged in lol! Good luck with that message.
50. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Let's be real here. You meant next to you at the bus stop.