New Samsung Galaxy S5 ad suggests iPhone users are "wall huggers"
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2014, 12:03 posted on
Samsung wants to show the world that its Galaxy S5 flagship has an impressive battery, and it advises iPhone users to try it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
iPosers don't care, aslong it has an iFruit "Embelem" logo on it.
Lmao, sitting near dustbins and charging thier iToy. Wth.
No wonder all dustbin users own an iPhone.
18. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
That's only your view...had the iPhone users loved Apple logo that much, this ad wouldn't have existed.... this ad isn't meant to entertain trolls and fanboys, they are trying to convince some of the iPhone users to buy the galaxy s5.
...And all dustbin owners own an iPhone?
75. techperson211 (Posts: 734; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Even ipad and iPod touch are the same. Battery problems.
48. enthasuium (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
S5 battery life is awesome, If s5 gets Android L update then Battery will improve again by a good margin...i see no chance for iphone 6
54. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
but the android L is for all android devices, if the iphone user wants to try android, he/she will also think of the other android phones.
there are a lot of android flagships being released all the time.
95. enthasuium (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
other android phone? how? LG latest g3 couldnt beat 5 month old s5 with 200mah more battery. Htc coundnt .
96. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
There is some time for the release of the new iPhone... we may get to see some phones with good battery lives in the future.
Most of the users will look for a phone with good battery life, they don't look for the phone that has topped the charts.
The galaxy s5 battery life maybe a little better but users will also think about the phones with more ram newer processors and better screen resolutions.
I wish people had taken battery life more seriously, then we would have had phones with much better battery lives by now...way better than the s5 or the others.
97. enthasuium (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
s5 battery life maybe a little better? come on man. s5 has tablet category battery life, ultra power saving gives you 2 weeks battery life. iphone cant beat that.,,
,why the hell people would purchase a battery extension case for 700$ iphone???? are u kidding???
98. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Now that's what the iPhone users are already doing, they are buying cases instead of the s5...the ultra power saving mode, unlike the battery extension cases, limits the features to extend the battery life which is not something that is useful everyday.
I love phones with longer battery life, my nexus 5 doesn't give me enough of it and i wish it had a removable battery but I am talking about the typical iPhone users since this ad is for them.
56. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
if the battery life isn't good, the user can purchase a battery extension case
49. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They're not "trying" anymore. People are convinced when they do finally make the switch to Galaxy.
55. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
they are still "trying", if people are already convinced, then why is Samsung spending money on these ads?
84. lohis (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Wont buy samsung lool why should i???? Even tje nexus five is better or the huawei with kirin 920 and it has better battery life than samsung XD
46. Astoni (Posts: 587; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
tbh iphones goes through a day quite good, i'm a bit of a wallhugger with my Z1 since its battery feels like its 1500mah or something.. Don't get me wrong i can go from 100% to 25% in 8 hours, but its still really bad for a phone with a 3000mah battery. My old S3 held up about 1-2 days.. aswell as my 4s held atleast a full day. Can't wait until IFA, need a new phone xD
68. karamelakimo (Posts: 58; Member since: 26 May 2014)
dude that was with previous update
try the last one it improves the battery a lot and fix the problem of google play store ;)
82. Astoni (Posts: 587; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I know the latest uppdate helpedn in bettery, not by a huge margain but about 15-20% Its still pretty bad. I never har problems with the playstore only with the darn keyboard since it tends to F*ck up sometimes and i have to turn the screen off and wait 10sec+ before i can write again. The z1 is nice overall but i still consider battery top priority.
79. mhiharisz1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
Due respect; I'm using Z1 more than 9months and yes I admit; there was a problem in software which cause the battery draining.
But with the latest update.............It's awesome.
Please don't compare those toy apple phones with Xperia Z1 pls.
38. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
battery is not that bad its just an advertisement man. And yah the price at which apple sell these things those dustbins better be made of platinum ...lol
61. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6792; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yep I remember when I was at the airport last month. i saw SOOO MANY iphone wall huggers charging their iPhone while my XPERIA Z1 Android still have plentiful of power for my flight to florida still at 80% that is. Best ad ever since the orignal GS III ad launch.
80. skyline88 (Posts: 356; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
iDustbin, coming soon for blind naive iFans
89. Ashoaib (Posts: 2490; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
"Back in March, BlackBerry CEO John Chen also called iPhone users wall huggers. Is this becoming a trend, or what?"...
No its not becoming a trend, its a reality
63. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6792; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Hopefully when the GALAXY F/NOTE IV launch we see more ads like these again
4. sks1969 (Posts: 86; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
They are farting, the international version of Galaxy S5 is worse than the iphone.
5. nctx77 (Posts: 614; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Hey Sammy good look on marketing the new iphone coming out lol! As far as battery life, Android fanboys be sitting right next to me at the airport with their phones plugged in lol! Good luck with that message.
50. DAMONORIBELLO (Posts: 96; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Let's be real here. You meant next to you at the bus stop.
6. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I consider the gs5 to be a huge disappointment. Basically Samsung is becoming even more repetitive than apple and hasn't brought anything new to the market for quite a long time.
Their tablets are lagy and ugly, their phones are boring and made of low quality materials.
If apple is really making a 4,7 inch iPhone and if LG keeps making great phones like the G3 I think Samsung will be finished.
8. wilsong17 (Posts: 1113; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Really sound to me you are a hater tell me again why are they number 1. Just because you don't like Samsung product don't gotta hate
14. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I read somewhere that Samsung just fired their chief of design because the gs5 isn't selling as expected,
45. alaw.14 (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Actually they are selling well. The galaxy s5 is already at 9% marketshare.
76. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Read it again. He was actually promoted
40. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
Same thing happened with HTC a while back , they were making great devices up until desire and people were buying all their phones but then they started to make phones like sensation and amaze they sold them because of the momentum they had . soon people stopped buying their phones and started buying samsung ( s2 was the turning point ) , but now samething is happening with samsung momentum is with them but soon people will stop and realise that they have better options . great advertisement though .
51. blazee (Posts: 320; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
They are good but no better than alot of other flagships. Their succes comes from pumping enormous amounts of money into advertrising and marketing
7. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Unfair? Remember that when you compare the new iPhones to the then 6 month old Galaxy S5!
It does go both ways.
Anyway, both Samsung and Apple are making billions off of consumers. Not sure any comparison is unfair for either. I am sure they are both crying all the way to the bank.
9. twens (Posts: 700; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
This is not marketing, this is pure truth. I use an iPhone 5 and am always charging my iPhone. The truth doesn't hurt unless you are stubborn funboy who won't admit the wicknesses of your smartphone. S5 has way better battery life than the iPhone. A little home screen lag is years better than a short battery life period!
One more thing, phonearena, please optimize your site for safari. Writing a comment with my iPhone is as painful as the size of the screen.
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Safari is not welcomed and liked by PhoneArena.
Everything on iPhone is painfull.
So buy a Android phone.
44. Iodine (Posts: 564; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
The most painfull thing I ever encountered on an iPhone is responding to idiotic comments. Pretty simple huh ?
74. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1284; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Then stop responding to idiotic comments ;)
93. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
I really don't think you have an iPhone though i agree that battery on iPhones have become worse after ios7.
12. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
"our own tests show that the Galaxy S5 offers a great battery life - the best among flagship smartphones" Really? You might want to change that :)
87. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I thought the Sony Xperia Z2 is the best among flagship smartphones - battery wise? And no, I don't want them to lie, that is why I made the comment :)
13. AstronautJones (Posts: 274; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
It is silly anyway, but because of mophie cases, external power bricks.
Sure a bigger and interchangeable battery is easier, but they have options.
15. Totse2k15 (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Just get a slim External Battery Pack, not that hard.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 13252; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As I write this, my 5s is at 72%, and came off the charger at 3am. It's all in how you use it, and manage power.
29. wilsong17 (Posts: 1113; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
my galaxy note 3 i at 85 percent since 2am also im listening to music since i woke up via bluetooth
34. elitewolverine (Posts: 2298; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
you get better battery life than me on my note 3, even with nothing running i dont last a full day while browsing and media playing. At least not like yours at 85%. I get out of the house at 5am, and by 7pm i get the time to charge symbol.
53. JayFiveAlive (Posts: 50; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Galaxy S5 here and I unplug around 6am, re-plug at 11pm with usually around 50-60% battery left. I probably stream music via bluetooth 3 hours a day and read Pulse for an hour or two a day. Not sure if that is better than Note 3 or not, but it's good for me. Cant imagine a Note 3 not lasting a full day... my Note 2 lasted almost two full days. Maybe an app is eating up juice in the background? I always disable any unwanted apps...
91. elitewolverine (Posts: 2298; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I use it alot though. It does last longer than my other phones. My 925 only gets me to 2pm with the same usage vs 7pm or 9pm at times. Then again my 925 has surprised me especially in battery saver mode.
81. BattleBrat (Posts: 1196; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I get two days with my note 3, but 3-5 days with my M8 (I have pics to prove it), but I mostly call and text with the M8. Funny, use it like a feature phone, get feature phone battery life.