New Samsung Galaxy S4 ad takes the usual shots at the Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 03 May 2013, 20:42 posted on
It's a whole new year and a new phone, but same old Samsung as the Korean OEM once again takes its usual potshots at its number one rival from Cupertino; the action takes place at a graduation slash pool party and we see the usual showing off of Sammy's features such as Air View and gesture control as a call gets answered with a swipe of the hand...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"No, yours doesn't do that."
3. Irakli (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
my phone is not defective like your s4 i don't nee a garbage phone thanks. my phone does better and its better quality that this $2 china town toy.
8. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
what are you saying...lol joking got what you saying, you prefer the iphone but the s4 is not in any way a garbage phone and you do know that the
11. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
i think he is saying that his phone is not defective like the s4 & he doesn't need a garbage phone thanks. his phone does better & its better quality phone than the s4. he thinks that the s4 is $2 china town toy.
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol i know i just find it funny that he says its a garbage phone because its ''chinese'' made phone when on the iphone on the back clearly says made in china..
17. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
yes its funny i guess he had bad experience with Samsung i don't know
65. JohnN89 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 May 2013)
and Many S4s that are shipping right now is made in Korea. Even the Battery.
44. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He's just an HTC troll. He has created multiple accounts here; Irakli, Rayanx10, MariaGabriela and many more, in order to thumb up his own comments and thumb down the ones he dislike.
55. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Oh I see that explains all the thumbs down. I was actually beginning to believe HTC fanboys were so desperate that they target anything Samsung related and tried their very hardest to bring it down.
61. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
You sure? To be quite honest, it seems to go both ways. ButiI for one like both, but hate how HTC fans behave. I do like the s4 more though.
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
the iphone is made in china it says it in plain writing on the back..
33. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
assembled in china yeah and designed in california
48. Galax3 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 May 2012)
designed in CA, but still made and assembled in China
64. joey_sfb (Posts: 4450; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Agreed. They have good production team. I feel that HTC, Sony, Apple and Nokia should hire them.
75. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
every phone always get defective stop acting like a fan boy. and enjoy the phone u like. stop starting fights.and your phone is also made in CHINA
81. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Iphones are our most exchanged or returned phone where I work.
19. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
LOL! great commercial to slap apple in the face.
and if the screen problem can be fixed. it will be a big plus for them.
and stop the freaking tin mining... good job samsung
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
There's already a temporary fix availaible on XDA.
Seems like it's only a minor bug with TW.
50. haney.alsaaidy (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
great galaxy s4 thumbs up
little toy doesn't do anything thumbs down
58. AnTuTu (Posts: 1429; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Those who are barking around and saying bad about S4 they are nothing but fruit trolls.
S4 is the best smartphone ever in the history so far. And the way Sammy slapped fruit's face is so funny hahahhaa they know how to advertise lolz
82. 8logic (Posts: 132; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
i am boycotting the s4 because i'm tired of getting the snap dragon solution in the US.
66. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not as witty as the original S3 ad. Got bored pretty quickly.
87. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
pwned :))) I rofl'd so hard @ that moment..
2. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
kindly post first the solutions of s4 problems coz i wanna continue my order
20. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lols, whats d reason for these red marks haha.
Im addrssing this to samsung not to PA :)
23. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
dude hows your beloved galaxy s4? ive heard some overheating issue.hahahahaha! :P
32. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Dude, dont be so junk,, if u are referring to the thermal test of gs4 d past month or weeks that is posted here in PA, the s4 was in good condition that barely gets hot and we cant change that.. all d review units are actually in good condtion that no reviewer mentioned screen, battery and heat problems..
I humbly addressing my concern to samsung now to make necessary actions regarding the concerns of the cusomers w/ faulty handsets(note: as i read forums there are gs4 w/o issues but only few).. i just want immediate solutions coz i want to continue my preorder. I recently cancld my preorder..
Dont start fan war if ur mature enough.
Sorry 4 bad sntence constrction..
34. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
ok lets discuss the problems with Software optimizate and over bloated system. All this features while nice on paper, 1 eat battery life, and 2 causes constant lag.
39. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
huh???? r u d samsung represntative?? or a xda member??
67. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"All this features while nice on paper, 1 eat battery life.."
Nope, it doesn't.
Why don't you go check the battery tests on GSMArena?
"and 2 causes constant lag."
All reviews say that the GSIV(with S600) is one of the fastest Android out there, if not the fastest! And I bet the Exynos one is even faster!
I haven't tested it myself but from what I've seen on youtube, no lag whatsoever.
Here you go!
85. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I don't need to see your video posted, I have used the phone try enabling all the features and you eat constant lag, check androidcentral as well they reported lag, it's even worst when you open the camera. And yes all the sensors will eat battery life ham arena tested it out of the box , but since out of the box features like air view are not enabled I am not sure that's a source you can trust
68. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Like I've said many times before, those GSIV are defective ones.
Defective models among first batch is a common problem that concerns EVERY oems!
Now tell me about the nicks, gaps, loose buttons and stuck pixels of your HTC One.. =]
54. therealestboy (Posts: 47; Member since: 03 May 2013)
You are in Samsung fanboy land here, buddy. They will slam you for saying even the slightest negative thing about Samsung, regardless if it is true or not.
57. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Im a fan of samsung actually coz they made the grandest things in android world
62. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but HTC fans seem to be acting the same way now.
4. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
samsung ,samsung alway giving a hit on a#### lOl ^-^
59. AnTuTu (Posts: 1429; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I wanna see the reaction of fruit fans I know they are freaking crying in a corner like little babies after watching this ad hahahahah
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
ooo can i share can i share? no u can't LMAO. What are we doing with these phones " SO TRUE".
16. yyuu1000 (Posts: 155; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
nice might get one but i will see what the next nexus will have
18. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
We all expected this from Samsung XD Enjoyed the ad :D
21. ideal_josh (Posts: 33; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
So u mean that some smartphones are smarter than others? Yes
25. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
You people do actuall know that the s4 is not 100% plastic. Right? You know the screen is glass and the sides are metal, the back is the only plastic in the phone and it is plastic so you'll have a removable battery, SDcard slot, and a better signal strength.
35. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
well part right and part wrong, the S4 has plastic and glass, and no the sides are not metal, they are plastic.
79. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Part right and part wrong. Our Sammy rep brought the S4 by my store yesterday for us to test out and the sides are indeed metal.
84. sniper1087 (Posts: 471; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Looks metal, but it is not, I played with t and you can see reviewers reporting is not metal either, it doesn't even feel metal, a hint metal is cold, and no sign of that
26. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
if samsung keep on talking trash to apple or any other on the competition it just prove how low their technology and their phone is!!! i mean its cheaply built so why they keep on talking trash?
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well done Samsung! xD
Microsoft, then Samsung......... What's next, Sony? Then LG?
Poor Apple.......... :P
28. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
s4 is obviously better than ip5 when it comes to power and features. however, this formula is getting old. it may backfire soon. samsung should start becoming classy now that they're reached the top. offensive ads like these are less likely to invite iOS users to shift.
29. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
s4 is obviously better than ip5 when it comes to power and features. however, this formula of doing is getting tired and old. it may backfire soon. samsung should start becoming classy now that they're reached the top. offensive ads like these are less likely to invite iOS users to shift.
30. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2751; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I actually had this happen this weekend. I took a video and a friend with an iphone asked me to send it to him. I tried using gmail & outlook but those had size restrictions that wouldn't allow me to send it to him. Later on one of my other friends' asked if I had tried the S Beam function. Since I don't know anyone else around here who has an S3, I hadn't had the opportunity to try it. The nearest town has a population of 1400, is mostly older folks, but I do see a few smartphones here and there (mostly dumbphones and older android & iphones). So I turned on the S Beam function & tapped it to her phone. Within about a minute the 50mb file was on her phone. Worked simply and easily. For my iphone friend I'm gonna have to upload it to my computer & use a program like hjsplit to send it to him in parts & he can rejoin it later. It's too bad that all phones don't have a universal function like this, would make thing a lot easier.