New Samsung Galaxy S4 ad features dad swaddling baby, shows clever use of features
The very latest ad for the Samsung Galaxy S4 focuses on a new dad who is trying to swaddle his infant son. Using Air Gesture, he swipes above the phone to answer it. It's his Wife who wants to know if there are any problems. "No, we're having a dudes' day home, it's fine," he tells her. But clearly he needs help. "Hey Galaxy, search YouTube for swaddling tips," he orders S Voice. He watches the video from YouTube which pauses automatically when he starts to follow the steps he sees on the video. That's Smart Pause, folks.
So Dad completes the task, baby is all swaddled nice and tight and...PLOP. That's number 2 on a commercial for the Samsung Galaxy S4. We would have to say that Samsung does a good job in showing how the features on the Samsung Galaxy S4 can actually be used in a real-life scenario and are not gimmicks like many suggest.
source: Samsung via AndroidAuthority
1. hateftotti (Posts: 163; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Really amazing ad.
That's the way you can show off features and have fun at the same time :)
3. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Talk about how smart your smartphone can get? Sammy you did it again.
4. rantao333 (Posts: 303; Member since: 21 May 2013)
after 2 month, samsung finally figure out how to use the gimmick correctly.
well done for explaining to us we must have a baby 1st.
6. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
You must use your brain 1st! Then You can have a baby!
14. tedkord (Posts: 6418; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I would normally recommend Tucks Medicated, but I think your butthurt is too advanced. You're probably going to need a direct novacaine injection.
27. donfem (Posts: 572; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Not nice exposing one's stupidity in the public is it?
30. jroc74 (Posts: 5254; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I would say.......based on this commercial....its far from gimmicky......
7. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
samsung is the most creative company in the world!
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 14384; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sammy has learned from apple to show off the usefulness of the phone, not brag about specs. Good job Sammy, nice commercial too
20. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Apple is teaching just brainwashing not and innovations....
Still just an inferior iConboard :-)
28. donfem (Posts: 572; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I guess your statement is incomplete without 'Apple" in it.
10. Diego! (Posts: 533; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
This is an excellent ad! That's why they sell millions of phones. It was short, fun and delivered. Go Sammy! :)
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And as always, great ad Samsung. The baby at the end was a good little laugh.
12. PM8888 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Finally an OEM aside from Apple that knows how to make commercials that actually show the features of the phone and how they can be useful.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3358; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy's Sales and Marketing team is great.
16. johnriii (Posts: 234; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
this is primarily how samsung has sold RECORD numbers of phones. marketing. just imagine what will happen once they actually produce slightly less plastic phones. the S4 is on a TV ad every third commercial break during most sporting events, and i see the HTC One How often? maybe 2-3 times a week during prime time programming. I've stated this before, HTC needs to push marketing big time, if they want to be in the same ballpark as Samsung and Apple. the general public have no idea what or who HTC is. apple and samsung on the other hand, are household names.
17. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
so when someone calls you, you wave your hand to answer the call, and to play a youtube video you need to touch..very useful feature indeed..
18. Jason2k13 (Posts: 714; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so are you saying samsung sucks because you cant wave your hands to play a youtube video?
22. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
i didn't say that..i meant that its just a gimmick..not a very useful feature..cos if he could touch to play a video then he obviously can touch to answer a call as well.. :-|
23. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
when you look away from the screen while a video is going, the video stops playing automatically. so he wasn't playing and stopping the video every time with his hand.Its a feature on the phone when your eyes make contact with the front facing camera it it continues its action.
24. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
what are you smoking bro?
i know all those features but none are useful in day to day life..get it?
25. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
actually if I'm watching a video and someone decides to talk to me, as a respectable human being, I'm going to make eye contact with them and would love my device to pause until I'm done with the conversation. And I use a few apps that have videos (iFunny) where that would come in handy.
26. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 660; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Shouldnt just we thank samsung for doing things like these..
IT MAY NOT BE USEFUL DAILY, BUT IT IS BETTER TO HAVE THESE FEATURES IF WE NEED OR WANT TO THAN NEVER HAVING SMART FEATURES IN OUR ENTIRE LIFE!!! this is a SMARTphone, not just a PHONE!
31. jroc74 (Posts: 5254; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice ad showing how useful the features are.