New Nokia video touts advantages of its Smart Camera app, set to come with Amber software update in tow
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 09:06 posted on
There's no denying that the camera modules on Nokia phones have been a source of pride for the company during the years, and for a good reason...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Fernandezxc (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
I think Nokia should also start making digital cameras
8. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Their phones ARE digital cameras themselves.
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Windowsphone and Nokia are just awesome period!!
4. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well its innovative atleast...they have something to brag abot...dominates in camera...which is in a way gud for Nokia....now looking forward to a nokia phablet..
5. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Link in the video is broken. Hope att doesn't delay this update.
14. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I know. Hopefully we will get it soon. On Nokia's support page it says waiting for approval..... Meanwhile T-Mobile and Verizon have released the update for their Lumias.
6. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2114; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This update may change the search button
7. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm annoyed that Nokia didn't have the biker wearing a helmet. I know they're not required, but they're recommended for a reason.
15. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
i think the biker's gonna be safe on thet bike, just don't wear horrific google glass... :D
9. ngyixian96 (Posts: 91; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
so their life are just only taking photo taking photo and no more
10. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
If i were a windows phone fan, i would be really pissed with Nokia... i mean 9.99/10 of their commercials talk about camera and NOTHING else...
11. ZeroCide (Posts: 773; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
The camera is an awesome feature. Everything else falls into place.
13. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
you are not a lumia fan so your outrage is misplaced
turn by turn voice navigation
awesome outdoor/sunlight visibilty
double tap to wake up
nokia is not just about camera. just that the camera is better than every other smartphone camera
we also love nokia support. it has feedback built in and requested features are added if possible
owning symbian, maemo, meego and wp branded nokias has built a high level of trust for nokia devices.
i wouldnt have bought wp if it wasnt for nokia
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
He's not saying that WP doesn't have anything else to offer besides the camera.. He's saying how is the general public supposed to know what WP has to offer if every ad is only about camera technology... I agree with him.
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I'm a huge WP fan, and to an extent I have to agree with you.. I understand your point.
Nokia mostly likely will shift gears a bit once they have successfully ingrained it in the general publics perception that Lumias have the best cameras on any smartphone.. It's just one of the many baby steps that they are taking to get back to the top, and it's working because they definitely have become relevant again... I mean,, me and you are talking about a Nokia smartphone, on a tech site, in 2013.. Lol❕.. Nevertheless, I do agree that they should start to maybe outline how the camera works with other features of the device, and invest a little advertising dollars on simply showing the strong points of the WP OS.. And, I sure you will agree that WP has very much more to offer than just great optics... I've always said that if anything is holding WP Back it is marketing.....
12. .KRATOS. (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
What's other than camera, all the nokia adds are for their camera what's else.
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why would you ask that when YOU know everything that WP has to offer... Or, do you❔