New Nokia patent hints at a future Lumia?
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Oct 2012, 02:52
It is a new patent that also takes us back in time. During the summer of 2011, a promotional video for Nokia leaked, highlighting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Jelly_Bean posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:49 14 3
I would say great :)
12. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 22 Oct 2012, 04:20 2 7
nahhh, the screen is too small
21. dexter_jdr posted on 22 Oct 2012, 06:09 2 0
probably this is mid range phone
13. loken posted on 22 Oct 2012, 04:20 13 2
18. someones4 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:20 1 11
19. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:45 6 2
That chain is retarded for someone with a Samsung logo as the profile picture!!!
28. someones4 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 08:38 0 0
i like and admire samsung as a whole.. i judge designs based on various aspects such as functionality and durability, not only aesthetics.
31. Altair posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:09 0 1
So you admire samsuck wich is cheap dirty thief and copycat. Shame on you. Many asian OEM:s have done nothing but copycats recently. They are just lazy followers.
Thats what you admire. Phyi.
24. StreetNerd posted on 22 Oct 2012, 07:35 0 2
so u say those ugly moto/lg phones looks better thn iphone 4S? :')
32. Altair posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:46 0 0
Yeah, those ugly moto/lg doesn't even belong to the same page than for example iPhone & Lumia series.
25. StreetNerd posted on 22 Oct 2012, 07:36 0 0
33. doejon posted on 22 Oct 2012, 16:01 1 0
if apple hasent sue samsung im pretty sure
that samsung would have the best design!
no matter what samsung does apple try to sue samsung.. whats why samsung choose a whole new design..
27. predator93 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 08:34 0 1
In my opinion
If its on pure design basis my order would be
Top designs (my opinion):-
Nokia N9>Motorola Razr (XT 910)>LG Crystal/LG BL 20/Sony Ericsson Aino>The above design>HTC Desire
10. dickwyn posted on 22 Oct 2012, 04:01 7 0
yeah even this design is better than the iPhone 5
26. -box- posted on 22 Oct 2012, 07:47 1 0
Looks like a larger Asha, and I like that the screen is almost literally edge-to-edge, unlike the /almost/ "edge-to-edge" of the Droid RAZR M
2. Topcat488 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:11 5 0
I like the new design of this Nokia phone, but the drawings in the diagram looks a lot thinner than the one in the video. The only other problem i have with Nokia is, that it takes too long to bring their product to market, after the announcements. :/ Watchout, Apple might get mad over the rounded corners of the phone. :(
3. tedkord posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:11 1 0
What about that drawing is unique, new or worthy of a patent?
29. -box- posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:04 0 0
KIRFs and apple started crazy patent stuff so now everyone has to patent darn near everything they come up with
6. eisenbricher posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:37 6 0
Not bad design, but I really want to see FX800 concept to come into reality. These renders kinda look like a big Asha 311.
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:46 2 0
Yeah...i thought so too...the beezel below is too thick!! However, the second one in the video looks much better!
11. zuckerboy posted on 22 Oct 2012, 04:02 2 2
design is good for nokia but design is not everything most important thing is OS and nokia has been wrong for 2 years in my opinion
23. redmd posted on 22 Oct 2012, 07:23 0 0
So true. that's why I've moved on with android. N7100.
22. smartphone posted on 22 Oct 2012, 07:17 0 0
HTC 8x itself is Sony xperia P ripoff.
Besides the videos are almost 20 months old.
They may have this design in lab but first they want to put the n9 design for use this year.
16. AppleConspiracy posted on 22 Oct 2012, 04:59 2 0
Design is excellent but unfortunately it's outdated compared to new Lumia design language that was introduced with N9. This design belongs to age of five years ago or so, so I doubt they will use it in the future. Nokia is very strict and design-conscious, so if I know that a good designer would never use such a outdated design, they certianly know it too.
Nevertheless, it could still be used for lower-end models, like Lumia 610 did, or even for Asha series.
17. someones4 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 05:18 0 0
Apple much? Is there some sort of new technology accompanying the design? or is it just a patent of an elongated lumia 610?
30. 7thspaceman posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:04 0 0
cool design but the screen is looks like 3.5 incher. TodaY IF A SMART PHONE DOES NOT HAVE AT LEAST 4 INCEHES IT WONT SELL WEEL. people today watch video on the internet so a big screen is needed
34. SemperFiV12 posted on 22 Oct 2012, 16:42 0 0
You can never go wrong with Nokia... as far as design. And now matched with Windows Phone, it is the whole package.
To me Nokia is head and heels over the next closest thing, so not really a ranking competition.
35. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 22 Oct 2012, 22:10 0 0
are these patent really for lumia?
i mean maybe it will be.. coz why will nokia patent it if its not...
but really looks like the asha 311!