New Nokia Lumia 925 ad shines some light on low-light photography
These clever kids want to take a picture in the dark of the night with a smartphone, so they wait for a car with its headlights on to illuminate the scene before taking the shot, but it still fails to come out. So as we leave the kids on the street, trying to get a decent photo in the dark, Nokia informs us that "for night time photos that you'll actually want to share," the Nokia Lumia 925 takes the best photos in any light, even without the flash.
It might not be as exciting as the Wedding Day fight spot from Microsoft, but it certainly gets the point across.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3732; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i don't know what they guys was talking about???????? but still it's a funny commercial.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also don't understand, but I think it is enough clear even without any words. :)
13. omar300 (Posts: 200; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think this situation is much more fun than just having great camera that will capture picture in just one try.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Perhaps it depends on situation seriousness. :)
2. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
why they make only camera centric commercials???
why dont they just change the theme???
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"why they make only camera centric commercials???"
Sad but maybe because at the moment there is nothing much to say apart the camera. :(
14. omar300 (Posts: 200; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
nokia is whopping everyone's butt with their camera so i dont see why they shouldnt advertise it.
i guess they want people to think:
camera- nokia, just like people think,
ugliness- samsung, :p just kidding.
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1106; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Nokia Lumia's key feature is camera and its awesome i understand that so does alot of others.
but you should also focus on your other departments too... Nobody wants just a camera phone, they want a great camera on smartphone. An all in one package.
I am no hater but right now we have enough camera centric ads by nokia. Now its time show your other features like super sensitive touch,great pure motion clear black display,music,and windows phone os it self, it will help wp to get much more recognition.
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1106; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
And of course nice commercial......:-)
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Nokia Lumia's key feature is camera and its awesome i understand that so does alot of others.
but you should also focus on your other departments too... Nobody wants just a camera phone, they want a great camera on smartphone. An all in one package."
Agree, and waiting more news about Sony i1 (a.k.a. Honami). :)
8. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I'm guessing that Nokia forgot that flash light exist in current smartphones.
17. Damo579 (Posts: 237; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Not at all. Apple has a commercial talking about their camera so there is nothing wrong with Nokia saying their camera is better,which is true in low light situations.
18. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
thats why we have flash. and nokia 'forgot' to show that, it shows how desperate nokias are
16. Damo579 (Posts: 237; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yes but the LED flash on phones are horrible.
19. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
then you don't know how to use it. if flash is so bad, then why nokia also put flash on their phones and even use xenon flash on the 1020?
23. hmmm... (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
The Led flash on 1020 is most likely for capturing video which needs constant lighting. Xenon cannot be on for long periods of time. Xenon is still better for taking pics.
Lumia pureview can take good night pics even without flash. Maybe that is what the ad is trying to convey.
11. Muzhhur (Posts: 251; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Why always are using iphones??? why????
20. cdgoin (Posts: 374; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
OK commercial.. After the picture fails they should have one of the other guys "GO OH WHAT WAS I THINKING" and pull out his Nokia and then take a perfect shot WITHOUT the need for the lights.
21. RobotMan (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Most people will think that Nokia phone need the help of the car light to take picture.
24. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 112; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
YEAH!!!!!!!! Dumb @$$es like U!!!!!!!!
25. -box- (Posts: 3931; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good ad, but they need someone with a 925 to walk (or drive by), take the shot, and NFC or Bluetooth share it, and move on. Like a friend is driving by, sees them, takes the picture, stops and sends it to them. Illustrates the point.
26. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
if you speak french you would find it funny