New Nokia Lumia 925 ad makes fun of Apple iPhone 5 commercial
The Nokia ad also shows comparison action shots between the Apple iPhone and the Nokia Lumia 925 as well as photos showing how the Nokia device takes better pictures under low-light conditions. "Everyday, better photos are taken with Nokia Lumias than with any other mobile."
How will Apple respond? You can check out both the original Apple ad and the Nokia spot below.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Nokia via UKMobileReview
1. wp8nokia (banned) (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
step by step wp will grow , and for those haters who thing it was going to fail is no working more and more ppl are loving this piece of art .
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that WP is not bad Operating System and that it need to grow more. But talking about commercial, commercial was more about Nokia Lumia 925 and it's Pureview technology than about WP itself.
And yes, good ad, I like it. :)
20. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
As much as I thought they were dead good for them for stepping it up.. 3rd place is not bad
37. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Nokia's ad is: Our smartphone sucks, but it takes better photos than the iPhone 5.
Someone needs to fire the marketing head that approved the video.
38. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Haha you dont really get the ad huh? It is made as iPhone 5's ad, but it shows that the phone takes better pictures...
According to your reasoning, Apple is saying the same thing about its Iphone 5 ad.
66. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
But that's exactly what Apple promotes all the time...
"Hey, our smartphone doesn't do as much as Android phones, but oooohhh look, we haz the apps and takesthe betterr fotos, and that's all that matters right?"
70. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hey look what samsung with the s3 promo at super bowel acted apple directly and now took the led from them Nokia is trying to do the same here... There is no best phone its only deception of what you and I make the best phone to be
61. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Until WP8/9 becomes a viable choice. PASSED.
Sony/Samsung/HTC also has great camera phone with better platform ecosystem support.
i like my cake and eat it too!
2. Sauce (unregistered)
In order to be the best, you have to take out (one of) the best. Great add haha.
3. TBomb (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
as much as i admire the ad.. i don't know how successful it will be... it mentions the iphone before their own product. So that means that if a viewer closes out before nokia is mentioned.. the last thing they hear is that part about the iphone.
44. the_best (Posts: 136; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
the ad isnt directed at impulse buyers as many ads are.
The ad is directed at iphone owners or people who doesnt know anything alse but iphone.
For someone who dont have a smartphone your logic is sound, but for someone who allready owns a smartphone it wouldnt have done anything special for Nokia if the consumer just saw the Nokia logo, they already know about Nokia but most of them dont really know why they should buy Nokia anymore.
4. a_merryman (Posts: 685; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Idk why, but for some reason the way he said "Nokia" really really bothered me.
5. ryq24 (Posts: 507; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia is shifting people's focus on its camera because they know windows lacks many apps and they can't do anything about it. Bu they should focus their attack on samsung and not iPhone.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
A better thing that Nokia could do to increase their sales is to get rid of the carrier-exclusive marketing/selling. That has to be the definition of stooopid.
28. PK1983 (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Nokia would do better to offer their own financing for their phones which could be unlocked and used on any carrier.
Nokia would get the benefit of people who don't want to pay through the nose at a carrier and be stuck in a contract for 2 years, and we the customer would benefit from carriers having to greatly cut cellphone bills to stay competitive.
34. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 207; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Advertising your best feature? Oh GOD what has happened to marketing today
64. jael206 (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I think Nokia knows that Samsung is in the first place while iPhone comes in at second. So being in third means they have to attack the competition nearest in distance, before they tackle farther. Gettit???
6. surethom (Posts: 283; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Im not a windows phone fan, but have always been a Nokia fan & then new nokias have the best Camera phones on the market.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 11943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If Nokia actually sold any phones, it would make sense to tease apple.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 11943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Kinda like teasing the bully that just took your lunch money WH. +1
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It doesn't matter how many Nokias with Pureview technology were sold, because it still doesn't change the main idea of this commercial and things which were said in this commercial.
41. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Iphone just can sold to all brain-wash people like you lololololol.......how funny is that.
57. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Nokia is more like Rocky and Apollo Creed. Apple better be careful because we all know how that ended.
10. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I don't care about a camera phone with few interesting features.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also would love if it was more than just a good camera phone.
12. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
If Nokia wanted a laugh they should have looked at their sales.
33. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
lol.....what a joke.
if you wanted a laugh you should have looked at your iphone5 or gs3 photo vs Nokia Lumia 1020 photo.
60. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This made me Lol. Other posts not so much, but that is comedy there.
Nokia is a goooood hw manufacturer, and wp is growing. I don't see myself one unless Google f's android real bad, but my buddy has nokia wp and likes it more than his android... Although most people I know or talk to that don't like android are folks who haven't had 4.0+. Not saying anything, just saying.
However, I wish Nokia the best. The are very innovative.
75. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
hmmm, last i heard is they were the only ones having an increase in market....
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have to give it to Nokia. This has to be one of the best commercials I've seen in awhile for phones.
16. aco96 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
˝Every day better photos are taken with Nokia Lumias than with every other mobile˝
I disagree with this, because Nokia 808 makes best photos imo. It looks like Nokia wants to bury the 808 :/ Lumias have great cameras, but when I compare camera samples from Lumia 1020 and 808, I see more details and less noise on 808's photos.
17. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3697; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Too bad the iPhone has them beat in quality as well or did Nokia miss the memo about the iPhone having the best camera on any smartphone?
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Galaxy S4 has proven to be better than the iPhone 5. But the edge goes to Lumia 1020.
32. ZeroCide (Posts: 695; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
You need to look deeper into the quality of apple to find the truth. Maybe you should take apart your iphone.
45. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
He can't. Didn't you read the article where iFixit scored the iPhone a 1 or 2 for repair-ability?
46. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Going to call fraud on this one. Can you backup your claims? We will wait broseph.
51. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm with you on this one. iPhones aren't hard to repair at all since it got a 7 out of 10.
67. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yo Droid_X_Doug..we're still waiting for that iPhone with a 1 or 2 ifixit score. Prove us wrong that you didn't pull a random number out of your ass.
19. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Apple doesn't need to respond. The mob spoke and they picked the iPhone.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here's a little update on that.
21. mahmood74 (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jul 2013)
nokia good camera only but system not good iphone good system but not good camera
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iPhone 5 is an overall great phone I don't know what you're talking about.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 11943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude are you friggin serious? Why in the heck do you think all these cameras get compared to the iPhones? Wowwww!!!
35. ZeroCide (Posts: 695; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Apple is a dying breed. it will be like RIM in a few years. The camera is ok but Lumia pureview whats hot. When a camera comarison is dome iphone are in the mix with other phone. No one goes out of their way to compare it to iphone. it is just part of the comarison bunch.
27. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Good job Nokia. Any Nokia phones do a better job when talking photos. I phone 5 camera sucks
36. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
^^ Fanboy comment. Iphone 5's camera doesnt suck, its a good camera. But Most of the Lumia's (and some other nokias) do indeed take better pictures, but that doesnt mean the iphones camera sucks. A bad camera would be the one on my DNA haha
29. donfem (Posts: 550; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If the add is about caera quality, what has sales got to do with it? Yeah, iphone might have sold more than Nokia however, overall quality of the phone is better with so much better camera.
39. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
This is worrisome. Have I been pronouncing Nokia the wrong way my entire life?!
Less serious note (:P), I wish the 1020 was going to Verizon. I would have actually gotten it. Waiting for Note 3...
48. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
HAHA that's hilarious. Look at those sh*tty ass pictures the iPhone takes. Well done Nokia.
50. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I know right..LOL. Specially when the sh*tty ass pictures from the iPhone looks better than the Luma 925.
See post #26 dummy
53. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Hey look you referenced my comment. Grazie.