New Nexus 7 press shots leak, confirm Android 4.3
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2013, 19:48 posted on
It seems basically little more than a formality at this point for Google to officially unveil the new Nexus 7 (which is almost definitely happening on Wednesday). We've seen plenty of leaked pics/video, specs, and even potential release dates for the device. Now, we're getting leaked press shots of the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mass88 (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Looks like the rumors of a smaller bezel are not true.
10. vincelongman (Posts: 1711; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I think Google/ASUS should of increased the screen to 8" and used a design similar to the Nexus 10, except portrait with smallish side bezels like the iPad Mini.
11. grahaman27 (Posts: 349; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
its a tad bit smaller, if you compare press shots of the new to the old. but not much.
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I know the rumors for the resolution are in the neighborhood of 1920x1200 or 1920x1080. Do we have solid confirmation yet? I'm not interested if the resolution is the same since I already have the original.
I'm actually more inclined to say that this 7" model will be a mild spec bump with the same resolution and Google will surprise everyone with a 1080p 8" model; Nexus 8. These leaks are just to throw the scent off.
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Forget the non-sense I just spewed out. The leaked bestbuy ad confirms a 1920x1200 display.
Wonder if I should put my current Nexus 7 on Craigslist? Only paid $120 for it. Or should I make it a Christmas/birthday gift?
5. papss (unregistered)
I'm fairly excited to see what the specs are on this N7. Maybe S600?
6. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Device time = 4:30, meaning Android 4.3... so, what if they made a version 4.6x?
19. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 62; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Lol then then wouldn't make a x.6 the highest I remember going was 1.7 and then 2.4 and now 4.3
8. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I never understood why none of the manufacturers put the front facing camera in the center... for both phones and tablets. The only exception I know of is the iPhone 5.
I mean, if you're doing video chatting or self-portraits, it's really annoying to have your face on the corner of the frame and constantly positioning your hand or your face awkwardly...
9. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I think Asus should add Memory Card Slot in new Nexus 7. So many people will totally buy this gorgeous tablet.
13. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1275; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Gorgeous? That thing is a black slab of drab plastic with huge bezels. If it's anything like its predecessor, you will have buyer's remorse within a few months. You must have lowered expectations since it says "Nexus" on the back (In the wrong orientation).
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
OG Nexus 7 owner who's still in love with their tablet. Storage isn't an issue considering I have 52GB on Dropbox thanks to Samsung and up to 20,000 songs with Google Play, so what's a con you could think of? Oh and btw, the bezels are fine. No need to exaggerate on how "big" they are.
18. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
He is just a clueless Apple fanboy, much like yourself. Or are you a Nokia sieve. I forget, there are too many not you these days. :)
21. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1275; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah, you're right, the Nexus 7 is just fine...
12. wando77 (Posts: 328; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Was exited for tbis till I saw how MASSIVE the top and bottom bezels are :-(
15. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Google followed the iPad on the speakers below, and I think the vertical Nexus sign is odd, but the font looks good though. The front facing camera is not in the middle, WHAT THE HELL?!
17. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks nice to me. Hopefully its a must buy like I am expecting.
22. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
would be a nice tablet if they would trim the bezel on the top and bottom, or at least stuff some speakers there.
That massive top and bottom bezel are beyond ugly.