New Nexus 5 benchmarks leak, reveal stunning graphics prowess
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2013, 09:31 posted on
The Nexus 5 appeared on GFXBench’s website. The handset scored brilliantly on two game simulation tests…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like how phone arena posts the test that the nexus 5 ties with the ip5s and not the test where the nexus 5 wins by a 10% margin. *eye roll*
46. TechBlue (Posts: 80; Member since: 06 May 2010)
its evident that this site favors the iPhone most of the write ups are about Apple. kind of sickening.
78. maysider (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
I feel something rotten from the rotten Apple known for the greedy affair ebook price fixing robbery
Otherwise it's just a sick heads of brainwashed people who don't mind it's just an outdated iConboard
It's like a funny hype for an old Nokia dumb phone :)
57. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I've seen just as many tests that show the Adreno 330 at 22 or 23 fps.
Graphics benchmark results vary because of stress on the GPU which produces heat which reduces performance. Running benchmarks back to back further impacts results.
67. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That was especially apparent on the Nexus 4, because it had very limited thermal throttling, much more than any other device with the S4 Pro. You could run benchmarks back to back with about any other S4 Pro device and get similar results (it would be blazing hot, but still), but with the Nexus 4 you could only run the tests two or three times before the throttling maxed out at 50% GPU capacity.
71. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
The article mentions it is "on par or even leading the 5s." Sure the review of the 5c was way way way overating for a phone that does not even match the performance of Android phones 6+ months old, but as a whole I don't find most authors here catering to Apple. Then again I'm used to reading CNET which must get Apple kick backs, so my gauge of Apple bias may be a little off.
8. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That may be, but current Android phones don't use it. Are you advocating for the iPhone?
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S4 Exynos 5410 uses the PvrSgx MP3
Non international version
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did you mean Power VR is better than Adreno?
Go home and make some coffee. You're drunk!
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here's a +1 to cheer you up ol' sport.
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Pvrsgx544 mp4 beats out the Adreno 330. If clocked at 600mhz.
Best GPU are by Pvrsgx
Best CPU are by Exynos
You will never see Apple using Snapdragon.
I am not drunk
Snapdragon don't even have an A15 clusters yet, still relying on halfbaked! A9-A15 cores
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Even the Sgx554 the iPad4 GPU destroys the Adreno330, and that'sclocked at 377, if clocked at600 or raised at 700 the max.
Adreno330 is Snapdragons hhigh end, Pvrsgx on the ip5s is an entry level GPU, let alone they still have their highends.
MaliT67 on N3 even crushes the A330, still the T678 is war far ahead!
Your drunk papa smurf, I normally tinker and change, alter voltage uphold, down hold GPU settings so I should no...
53. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Who care what games are using there full power?
54. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The iPad 4 and LG G2 are pretty much on par with each other in GFXBench. Neither necessarily destroying the other, but the Adreno 330 is MUCH more power efficient, being able to be over clocked more without eating up your battery, unlike the PowerVR SGX554MP4.
Also, the iPhone 5S uses the PowerVR G6430, which is PowerVR's current second place holder in the Rogue class of GPUs (in first is the G6630), definitely not entry level like you said, and it scores on par with the Adreno 330 as well. And, the GPU in the Note 3 (international) is the Mali-T628MP6, not the Mali-T678. You need to brush up on your GPU studies, Troll, you're losing your touch.
62. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
additionally, after Z1 or G2 get 4.3 update which brings Open GL ES 3.0 support that will boast the GPU score to 5s level if not surpassing it.
65. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Z1 and G2 already are just as, if not slightly faster than the iPhone 5S in terms of GPU, Open GL ES 3.0 will only further that lead.
64. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You just proved you know very little about GPU/CPUs...
Just stop before you embarrass yourself again.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
N5 is looking better and better each day. It scored equally to the Rouge GPU on the iPhone 5S!
20. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
So where's ninetysix with his nexus 5 vs 5s benchmark links he got 5 months ago?
44. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And that's Quallcoms best GPU vs PvrSgx is entry level! Shows how scrap Snapdragon is and always have been!
Like Remixfa always use to say..
51. roldefol (Posts: 4302; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
2011 called. It wants its Crapdragon™ back.
Google would not have put Snapdragon processors in the Nexus 4 and 5 if it thought they were lacking. Just because the Exynos might be faster (when programmed properly) doesn't mean the Snapdragon isn't awesome.
47. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
do you know that nexus 5 is (highly) possibly using adreno 330. Why it scored over other devices using the same GPU? because it is running 4.3+ while others run 4.2 and we know that 4.3 brings compatibility to Open GL ES 3.0, which will give some boast to the other devices' GPU when they update to 4.3, then they all would score the same if not better than the iPhone 5s
81. AciMars (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
stupid saying this thing, open gl es3.0 boost quality of graphics not performance, the different performance happen because of different allocation memory for GPU and also thermal restriction.