New Motorola Droids come with RGBC Clear Pixel camera: here is what this means
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 13:24 posted on
All three new Droids, the Motorola Droid Mini, Droid Ultra and Droid Maxx come with a 10-megapixel RGBC camera…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Piotrek007 (Posts: 102; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Another way to change photos ? Will see... HTC failed with ONE, now its Motorola time to show its power !
2. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Failed? I don't think so. Clearly you've ever actually used the UltraPixel camera.
6. Piotrek007 (Posts: 102; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Oh I'm sorry, but camera in HTC ONE was supposed to beat the iPhone and Galaxy serier. As far as I know (and I checked it in about 10 different reviews), both apple and samsung BEAT THE HELL this "amazing" HTC ONE cam -.-
8. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Not in low light... HTC One BEATS THE HELL out of those phones in low light! -.-
11. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it's a pity that only in low-light, and not completely.
12. pocketdrummer (Posts: 28; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I've used it. It sucks.
But not because of the "ulta-pixels". It sucks because the auto-focus and white-balance on HTC phones is utter garbage. It works ok for still images, but as soon as you try to shoot video it's completely distracting and ruins everything. Try shooting something moving relatively close with a stationary background. The phone can't decide where to focus, so it just goes between the two constantly. Worthless.
3. Deaconclgi (Posts: 400; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
As a Nokia flagship camera user since the Nokia N82 up to my current 808 and future 1020, I welcome ALL camera innovations by all manufacturers. This is simply a win win for consumers. Gone will be the days were only 1 or 2 manufactures have great cameras on their phones and not just good enough cameras but cameras that have substantial R&D put behind them and that actually try to produce better images.
I hope that Moto put a larger than normal sized sensor and decent optics to truly elevate their photography effort. If not, it will come with time.
Here's to better pictures for all, no matter the manufacturer or the OS!
4. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Agreed ahhxd717! I guess the some people talk just from reading articles before trying there self
5. Univice (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I could be wrong but it appears that the RGBC diagram is missing a green pixel square. At least when I viewed it there was a Red, a Blue, and two Clear ones in the 4 pixel square.
7. roscuthiii (Posts: 1953; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
That was my thought too... Wouldn't the 2 clear pixels make it a RCBC arrangement, not RGBC?