New Microsoft ad takes on the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c
The ad is supposed to capture a couple of meetings held at Apple's campus earlier this year and even starts with a shot at the unannounced (and late) Apple iWatch. The ad splices together two separate meetings with two members of Apple's design team talking to actors portraying Apple CEO Tim Cook and Design chief Jony Ive. "We're going to give the pople what they want. We're giving them the finger," says the male design team member before the female designer quickly interjects "...prints. Fingerprints Touch ID." Oh Microsoft, you are so naughty!
Talking about how light the new iPhone will be, one designer says that we did this by getting the megapixels down to 8. The ad even takes a shot at Ive's comment on video about the Apple iPhone 5c being "beautifully unapologetically plastic". Even the most hard core Apple fan will have to agree that Microsoft has done a great job here.
source: WindowsPhone via AppleInsider
1. ocilfa (Posts: 204; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Thats hilarious! I love the part where there is nothing and it says "This video is private". SMH...
22. noler (Posts: 103; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I busted out laughing after this line, thank you phonearena.
4. atbaan (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
watch the video at
ht tp://w ww.businessinsider.com/microsoft-video-making-fun-of-the-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c-2013-9
remove the gaps
5. androiphone20 (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
apparently this clearly tells me Microsoft has nothing good to say about their products so they go on bashing other OEMs, okay okay seroiusly, someone control these kids!
15. Commentator (Posts: 1868; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's way better than the recent lame ones that paint consumers of other products as viscious, incompetent buffoons, imo.
17. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yeah, because no company has done that ever...
Apple's "I'm a mac"...
Apple's iphone ads
Samsung's galaxy ads...
Car ads (mostly gm...)
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
you're clearly talking aboyt better OEMs aren't you?
23. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What? Not really. Listing notable ads that have done little more than attack competitors without saying much about their own product.
I wouldn't say any if the brands I mentioned are "better" overall than any other.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very true! There Lumia phones are POS™ even iP4,iP5 is much better than their brand and platform!
Even Nseries, Eseries are way much better than Lumia
8. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 435; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yes, the Lumias are also unapologetically plastic. So what is it that Microsoft is saying about their phones?
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
This makes Microsoft look desperate. Balmer would never have allowed this!
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
... The more threatened people feel,
the more they will lash out.
11. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I smell desperation on the part of Microsoft. When a product sucks the manufatcure has no choice but to bash the competition because they cant sell thier devices on their own merits.
Microsoft = fail
33. Pancholo (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
So according to your logic, if you suck balls as an enterpreneur, you will have "no choice but to bash the competition."
Please, tell me more.
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1054; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Buhuhuhahahaaaa #timetoswitch , "everyone loves gold" lmao
14. Commentator (Posts: 1868; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Apple should counter with this:
16. GoBears (Posts: 254; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
That was an absolutely horrible video. All those involved with it's production should be looking for work by now. WP is doomed if this is the best they can deliver. Sad part is now they are going to take Nokia down with them.
18. androiphone20 (Posts: 487; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Microsoft is venturing in the comedy business now, the tech industry sucks!
24. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I have a feeling it isn't an official video, maybe one done just for internal distribution, since it lacks the polish and background music (and background-sound-free audio) an actual ad would have.
20. cezarepc (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I can't see the vid, says: This video is private
21. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Since it's been made private, I'm thinking it wasn't an official video. Looks more like something private individuals would have made.
Very amusing, though. I'm enjoying the apple polishers' mindlessly ignorant indignation.
30. illusionmist (Posts: 69; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
It was posted on the official Windows Phone channel, and then MS pulled it.
Apparently somebody remembered what Steve Jobs said about them: "The problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste. They have no taste and I don’t mean that in a small way, I mean that in a big way."
25. suneeboy (Posts: 134; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Just go on YouTube and its all over. Its definitely not an MS commercial. The production quality is terrible, there are no mics, or music, the edit job was done in Windows Movie Maker, and there is no MS branding. Actually there isn't any company branding. It just says "#timetoswitch" at the end...but switch to what?
Just someone who wanted to get at Apple.
26. promise7 (Posts: 162; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
this isn't an ad, it's a parody someone made, i doubt microsoft. what's w/ the misleading headlines today?
here's the video for those who missed it,
27. muser793 (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
this is public :D best ad ever Well played MS :D
29. Raihanpatel111 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Nothing is private....
Just search "a fly on the wall" on Youtube......
and you can find this video.....
31. giri.1131 (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
watch the full video here its hilarious :)
32. picassimo (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
A better video:
Search for "Introducing the Iphone 5c and 5s" on youtube.
34. LG_is_the_best (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Microsoft's marketing department is just brilliant