New Microsoft ad is more hard-hitting against the Apple iPad
0. phoneArena 26 May 2013, 15:28 posted on
You might remember Microsoft's recent ad comparing the Windows RT flavored 64GB ASUS VivoTab RT with the fourth-generation Apple iPad; Microsoft even used Siri's voice as a Voice Over announcer. Now, in a more well-done spot, Microsoft shows off capabilities that the ASUS VivoTab has that the Apple iPad doesn't offer out of the box...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. AnTuTu (Posts: 618; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Lol MS is just killing poor Apple with these ads haha
16. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Except where it counts, the cash register. The iPad does everything that 90% of the population needs it to do, and it does it all well.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why don't people understand this? The end goal in business is profit margin, an area where apple is king. In business all businesses including google, and Samsung want people to buy AND keep their products. Apple products have the highest customer satisfaction rate, and the highest resale value. Their phones are more valuable, their tablets are more valuable, their computers are more valuable. It's an open and shut case that at this moment apple rules, and their 2013 stuff isn't even out yet. Who knows what the future holds, but rite now apple is king at the register...where it counts most.
26. willard12 (Posts: 681; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Justin Bieber sells a lot of albums and makes a lot of money and his fans love him. So that settles it, he's the greatest singer we have, if we use your logic.
28. Ninetysix (Posts: 1331; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Another analogy would be the smartphone market share. Android has the most market share so it means they are the best right? Just like McDonalds selling the most burgers in the world...cuz you know... they are the best.
33. Hemlocke (unregistered)
All of that marketshare doesn't count where businesses live, in the profit/loss ledger. Only one Android OEM makes all the profit, and that profit is much less than Apple makes. They make more in mobile than every other OEM, combined.
As for Justin Bieber, he makes a lot, but not more than the rest of the music industry. Maybe you should say he is Samsung, and Apple is a completely different animal.
As for best, I never said they were yhe unqualified best. I said the consumer market has judged them best because their products do what they need them to do.
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You make complete sense. Inspectorgadget please read this persons post and get that dunce AnTuTu to read it also.
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I can tell that you see my point ninetysix. Ask these android fans why Sammy, and MS have totally changed their marketing strategy...it's to appeal to the mainstream consumer, thus getting their stuff into more people's hands. Getting more people to buy your stuff means profit. Inspectorgadget called me a blind fanboy saying iPads don't multi task, then he's just as blind if he can't see that profits ate the end goal for these companies.
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6114; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
ONLY U Care bout how much a company make. and act like u dont care. youre still just a BLIND FAN BOY that can't take the TRUTH that iPad can't MULTITASK or do anything that Android/Windows tablet CAN do it better
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not only are you wrong, but you totally missed my point. That's two reasons why I don't bother with you.
49. AnTuTu (Posts: 618; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Get the hell out of here dude or I'll drag you out.
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Now your just being stupid. This is the Internet, and threats will get you banned from PA. I'd love to see you try though.
62. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
they have the highest satisfaction rate due to reality distortion fields and the highest resale value due to fanboys.
38. danny_a2005 (Posts: 117; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Cmon guys lets face the fact, Windows is for working, if you need a tablet for work, homework etc, go buy windows tablets, if you need a new toy, play games, watch some movies go for the Ipad, if you want both of them go for a nexus 10... =)
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not sure if you're trying to dis the iPad or what, but your post is an excellent one. Choice is what you pin pointed, go out and get what you want.
3. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I wish MS and the others would just pretend that iNovelties don't even exist and not acknowledge them. At the end of the day, apple is it's own worst enemy and they are doing just fine driving customers to their competitors without any outside intervention.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then why don't YOU act like they don't exist? You're doing the exact opposite of what you want MS, and others to do. STFU and let apple be their own worst enemy, like you recommend MS, and others do...iDiot
42. sniperdroid (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 May 2013)
But people are still buying their products. I guess if you have a mac book, ipod and an ipad why not an iphone. They've created their own ecosystem that works well for them. All business models are different, meaning different targets in terms of consumers.
4. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Keep it up MS!! Let's make this a true 3-way dance.
5. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Microsoft is starting to get their advertising right! While the last year commercials were interesting, majority of the consumers don't know what it really does. This commercial shows exactly what windows 8 tablets do.
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6114; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
i'm STILL LAUGHING at the NOKIA windows phone commerical
53. Even4steven (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
This is the type of commercial they should have started with, showing the differences and benefits of their product. Call me crazy, but that appeals to me much more than kids dancing with tablets making that click sound...
6. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
This is a pretty good add, hopefully it'll get there windows RT platform going. Still think they need to bring the price down.
7. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
The add is good. And I agree its far better than the iPad. But I still wouldn't give up my Note 10.1 for a Windows tab. They are getting better though and I congradulate them on the improvements.
9. VLaRueC (Posts: 106; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Love them or hate them, someone in marketing at ME finally grew a set. This is the kind of marketing that is needed in the iPad vs the world fight.
10. sniper1087 (Posts: 331; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
ugh this is tiring to look at yes you do have that stuff but almost no developers are making applications for your platform, and notice how they advertise the vivo instead of surface RT because surface tegra 3 was laggy in a lot of occasions, now if only microsoft had things that worked all the times, but even though they want to keep people using their RT tablets is just so dumb that they decided to keep a desktop mode that doesnt enable you to install apps, and just even on the pro, the icons were too small and inconvenient, and yes I have the Acer W700 and when you try to enlarge icons, things on the browser dont work propertly, plus trying to use IE Touch doesnt get flash in a lot of content, just plain sucks.
44. porter_ (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Exactly, it might win on specs (see - versusio.com/en/asus-vivotab-rt-32gb-vs-apple-ipad-4-32gb) but let's face it, the better user experience and all of the apps are on iOS.
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 637; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Get ready for some angry article by Ray.S, as answer to this Ad........... :)
13. aries.phills (Posts: 132; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nice add with strong and direct messages, hitting it home with every point. Although that cannot lure me away from my note 10.1, it surely would be an eye opener for some ipad clucting folks out there.
14. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
MS to apple: We don't have the specs or apps or users to beat you... but hey we make add's to fool people into buying US
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Good post. MS is going up against the best of the best in the tablet world, these ads won't put a dent in the iPads sales. MS needs to catch Sammy's tablets before they can catch the iPad. Sammy's more of a threat.
24. grahaman27 (Posts: 344; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
but the printing compatibility really is important to many.
31. sprockkets (Posts: 1075; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Drivers need to be released for RT. In any case, printing with an ipad isn't that hard since most all new printers come with the ability built in.
15. roronoa91 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
But... why would anyome want to do all of that? I mean I'm paying to show the logo, I want to do less :-P
19. jeff1434325 (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Clearly, Microsoft in now in an offensive mode...and now firing in all direction.
63. haseebzahid (Posts: 1797; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hun thats comparison whats wrong with that side by side thingie its not far fetched or something
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 10059; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPads outsell all the other tablets combined. How do they need to compete? It's the others that need to compete.
27. Taters (Posts: 2579; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The ipad res is high, Windows needs something higher than 1366 x 768 for RT tablets.
37. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Yes, you are right resolution now a days is very important, i've been looking for a tablet with a high specs, slim, and hi res and microsd, i found the Xperia Tablet Z, i was considering the Nexus 10 but it lacks microsd, also the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 but it lacks power and finally a Surface Pro, but since i've a computer i don't want to have another one, so the Sony with his old processor still works and do everything i would need for a year and a half.
57. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 446; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Actually ipad marketshare has dropped below 50% for awhile now and it won't take that long for Android to sell more tablets.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Get over it!
Both of you"re platforms are, were a fail, except Windows®
29. Alphax (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Note 10.1 is still the best tablet to me: dual front speakers, microsd, wacom tech, and plenty of unique os features you won't find in any other tablets
the reason the ipad still sells better is cuz they're out for much longer so they're more well known, and just becuz something is the most famous doesn't mean it's the best...... examples: books, games, music, etc. plenty of examples
32. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
and just because you like it,
doesn't mean it's the best
60. Alphax (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
that's why I said "to me", I never said to everyone else, at least I have plenty of good reasons instead of simply following the crowd like some others, I usually done plenty of research and comparison before I buy something becuz I understand that no company is at the top forever, I'm not a fan of any companies, I simply pick what's best for my needs at the moment
61. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
don't worry i never said that you are a fanboy or something.
and i also agree with you when you said "I simply pick what's best for my needs at the moment"
30. sprockkets (Posts: 1075; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Ah yes, it has Office....if you want to use a mouse with it cause you won't be picking font sizes with your finger!
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6114; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I love THIS ADD. and its TRUE IPAD CAN'T MULTITASK or do what any other tablet can do
41. Sonny_09 (Posts: 48; Member since: 24 May 2013)
for once, i thought this is Ray. S's article. lol
43. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
great. At last, micropsoft picked on apple.
And this time, they've got a few aces.
Apple is getting hits from everywhere.
48. mydi.maus (unregistered)
never underestimate apple sure it will come up with something new.
58. dre786 (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
MS is on the move now doing exactly what they should have done long time (show whats the benefits of using the product, the superior features) great AD
59. dre786 (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
everybody is saying Apple will come up with something well they best do and quickly. I remembered when I had my first iPhone how people use to stop and steer now that's gone its only got loyal customers.........please impress me with something