New Microsoft ad for Windows Phone stars Nokia Lumia 1020, Instagram and OneDrive
0. phoneArena 14 Jul 2014, 22:14 posted on
Even though the camera-centric Nokia Lumia 1020 is allegedly less than 8 weeks from its death, Microsoft has seen fit to use the device to star in a new ad about the Windows Phone platform. With its 41MP PureView camera on back, the phone remains the best choice for Redmond to use in an ad that focuses on photography...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Liveitup (Posts: 1504; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Don't bet your life on it. Microsoft is extremely bad at promoting Windows Phone.
22. na7noo7 (Posts: 270; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Like bashing Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, and OnePlus?
If I see Nokia or Microsoft ever say a word about Android again, I will shoot a Surface Pro 3 and Lumia 930 with a .50 caliber rifle AND a C4 seeing a Windows 8 Logo blowing up.
8. Liveitup (Posts: 1504; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
This commercial is not bad at all but Microsoft has some really engaging WP commercials on YouTube the type that can potentially stop you from doing what you are doing and take notice. Do they ever make it to television, not a chance.
At least they are getting their stuff together with new Surface ads. When it comes to WP they clearly suck major, great product, terrible execution.
5. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What you a male or a female...?
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Does it matter? It's 2014 - questions like this should die.
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I heard "its 2014,, trolls like you should die"... Isn't that what you meant?
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Does it matter? It's 2014 - questions like this should die."
The fact that now is 2014 doesn't mean that all around is only homosexuals and bisexuals. He just asked the question so what's the problem?
17. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2057; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Welcome to the 21st century buddy, or should I say troll, or should I actually say pest?
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1018; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
he's simply asking what's wrong with the question ?
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3630; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's not time to make a change,
Just sit down, take it slowly.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
if you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them you know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1506; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Lol your username fits your response +1.
6. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Why would Microsoft market this phone? A few guesses
1. An advertising company chose it because of the camera
2. To advertise the rollout of the new OS wp8.1
3. Maybe something more sinister, it isn't eol because there isn't a successor.
Either it will have little traffic. Microsoft sucks at advertising its products. It let them speak on merit alone.
Microsoft should stop this appleesque strategy. They don't have such a dedicated fan base. They should try to undercut Android everyway possible. Features, stability, price and performance.
One can argue that they are equal or greater in some regards but price is still a factor
I'm afraid Microsoft cannot demand $600+ for a flagship... It has to be able to cure cancer first
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3630; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"They should try to undercut Android everyway possible. Features, stability, price and performance."
That would be competition. Microsoft doesn't do that anymore. Today's Microsoft is nothing more than a moribund monopoly that lies, cheats, and steals for a living.
9. Liveitup (Posts: 1504; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Thats Google not MS. So insecure you feel the need with your other friends to bash every MS article.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3630; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The reality is that you are a Microsoft apologist.
16. Zylam (Posts: 96; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
The difference is MS screw over their own more than any other brand.
-Bought a Mozart when 7 came out, was super excited.
-MS Promised the mango update 3 months from launch, took 8 months to deliver
-Despite owning a Windows Phone, never got the official Mango, had to rom it.
-Bought a Titan for that insane screen, MS screws over second generation WP owners by requiring you to get a new phone for 8, 7.8 is just joke of an update.
-Bought a Lumia 1020 for 8, love the hardware to bits but promised insane update at the end of June and Early July... its the 15th and no word of any release.
I have gotten every generation of Windows Phone so far, and I have yet to be given an update on time or be given everything that was promised.
I love Windows but in reality MS is the worst company out of the big 3, the others don't treat their own like crap.
18. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2057; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Google don't even promise updates to the phones running their OS for 2 years. At least MS does it, for THREE YEARS. And I have to agree with you. The official WP8.1 update should have been out by now. But again its a BIG update and it would take some time to iron out the bugs.
19. elitewolverine (Posts: 1946; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Technically the 8.1 update is nearly finished, it will now be up to your carrier to have it. Considering the 8.1 is on the 635, they have delivered on a july promise. imo that is.
15. Zylam (Posts: 96; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
For frak's sake MS, release the 8.1 update already. Trolling everyone with a Lumia 1020 with an add with it running 8.1?
Yea yea developer preview, want the actual update.
20. elitewolverine (Posts: 1946; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Impatient? I have been waiting less time for my 8.1 update than my kitkat update.