New Microsoft Surface RT ad takes shots at the 4th generation Apple iPad
Just like the previous ads, we see how the Microsoft Surface RT has the advantage of sporting a larger screen (10.6 inches vs. 9.7 inches for the iPad), the ability to open up a stand on the back of the unit and add the Touch Cover or Type Cover QWERTY keyboards that double as a protective cover. Of course, the Microsoft Surface RT has Microsoft Office installed, software that is missing from Apple's tablet.
As in the other commercials, Microsoft hits right at the iPad's inability to multi-task. And once again, when it comes to price, it is a win for the Windows powered slate as the price for the 16GB fourth generation iPad is shown as being $499. The 32GB Microsoft Surface RT, after the recent price cut, is $349.
source: Microsoft via BGR
2. Commentator (Posts: 2923; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Whatever it takes to erase hundreds of millions of dollars in losses, I guess...
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol... it really dosent matter, on GB's.. cause you still dont get 32gb..
18. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
After RT is installed its closer to 16 so its about the same so I dont know why they label it as 32 gb when almost half of that is used for Windows software before the user puts anything on it themself.
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i heard we can free up upto 25GB to 28Gb O_o by removing the backup for windows and moving it to bootable usb
4. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
if RT had a screen of iPad - this combo wins. I hate 16:9 on tablets - especially to match the word "Work easy".
5. goldoos.com (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Aug 2013)
well, i'll go for windos, its work and play
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 917; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
iPad's screen config is the best in terms of using it in either landscape or portrait, either way it's great to use as the display isn't 16:9, using a 16:9 tab in portrait can look and feel weird. Apple got the ergonomics bang-on with both iPad and iPad Mini.
Rather have my iPad4 again than get MS's abomination, thanks. :)
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 4366; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They should sell the RT1 at $199 since they written off the stock.
8. boosook (Posts: 1280; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The add is wrong! People will just think: it the surface costs $150 less, it's because it's worth $150 less...
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 15694; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It can take all the shots it wants, the consumers have spoken. No ones buying the RT. MS is showing their desperation with these ads. The only RT I'm buying is a Charger
13. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2704; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I luv mine, nothing like the roar of an American V8.
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 4366; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Soon to be obsolete with RT2. They should focus effort on building apps but instead they choose to bring RT2 into the market screwing their RT1 user especially those that paid a premium for it.
That M$ style for you. I always buy device use by majority for its support and that why iPad is still my preferred tablet.
24. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2704; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I was talking about the Dodge Charger RT.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3541; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
MS, why are you wasting money if S RT is not selling? First improve WP or give it to Nokia.
15. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I would love to see them do an ad against android tablets. That would come out bad for them.
16. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why? because when these ads come out the fanboys come running to the defense of there beloved companies when infact they should just take the ads for what they are -marketing tool
its truly funny when people on here class themselves as techie yet one ad turns them to raging morons
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
You are better off getting a Nexus tablet over either of these in the ad.
19. sectime (unregistered)
RT is mimicking the Highlander movies, Soon there will be just one.
20. PhoneCritic (Posts: 470; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
MS is in damage control mode after taking almost 1 billion write down. But the sad thing is that Steve Ballmer is going ahead with RT 2. MS needs to concentrate on RT Pro.
21. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Lol tegra 3 at 350$ and a 16gb storage for 32gb is ridiculous ipad 4 cost more.but it has higher res screen and sgx554mp4 which is most powerful gpu on tablet right now
22. sprockkets (Posts: 1582; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Uh, WTF? That keyboard doesn't come with the $349 model. Nice apples to apples comparison.
OH no! That ipad has no flip case to prop it up! None! Nope, apple doesn't have anything like that!