New LG Optimus G smartphone to be announced on May 30
0. phoneArena 08 May 2013, 07:20 posted on
LG has a big announcement to make and May 30 is when we'll learn what it's all about! What you see here is a press invitation that the Korean company is now sending, with a picture of what appears to be a smartphone looked at from the side. Yeah, there's a butterfly wing sticking out of it as well, presumably placed there to make the invitation look prettier. Or could it actually be interpreted as a hint of some kind?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think LG will announce the Optimus G2 (the mysterious LG smartphone).
Geez......I really like that leaked photo of the mysterious LG smartphone, the front looks gorgeous!
27. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
You must be trying to say "Better than Galaxy"
34. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
BINGO! This is the truth! "Life's Good When You Have ImaGination".
2. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Google I/O, WWDC, Xbox event, Lumia event,and now an LG event! That will be an interesting month!
3. papss (unregistered)
I really love the optimus g and hope this one kept the sexy design
11. desijatt (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
looks like it will have some 3d or more realistic screen as colours are splashing out of screen...just guessing....
4. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
optimus g2 will have 5.5inch screen with 8 core processor and 3gb ram. my brother in law works for LG in korea an an engineer for smartphones and he said it will launch sometime in the fall, but i guess they are bringing it out earlier.
6. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
with that kind of spec, I rather get note3, who cares about this, the LG itself is already a joke
7. Naved.im (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Man im using Note 2 and i had purchased LG optimus 4x HD the user interface is much sexy in LG then in Note 2. as well as camera clearity is much crisp in LG. i will never pruchase Samsung.. No offence i had use many samsung devices and apart from that Motorola and LG. I was actually waitin for this phone...
8. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Are you alright? LG has a very bad reputation when it comes to poor build quality, slow software update, bad customer service, and horrible sudden death issue.
Sold optimus g pro and got s4, best decision i ever made
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
.........the worst decision you ever made, I'd rather buy the Optimus G Pro instead of the S4. I love the Optimus G Pro!
19. debugger919 (Posts: 24; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You are right, my LGOGP will be delivered to me tomorrow, can't wait !!
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You ordered the Optimus G Pro? Awesome! You have a good taste bro!
24. Naved.im (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 May 2013)
please don't talk about the poor build. i do agree about the slow software update but talk about samsung man you get updates now a days. its only a hype that software update is fast but its actually not the full fledged. lg give update but pretty legimate.
14. mittalmailbox (Posts: 47; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
LG will probably go for Qualcomm SoC, and it supports only 4 cores. and i think if this device is G2 then screen size will be 4.7-5.0".
23. puckhead (Posts: 81; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
5.5" ??? isnt that the pro, I bet this phone is 5.0" but 1080p this time around
25. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i asked this in february and he said there are two phones, which is G2 and GK. GK is the code name for optimus G pro, which was only for At&t. from the conversation, he said 5.5 inch for both, but I can confirm.
5. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 414; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I hope the new screen is the successor of the NOVA display
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 888; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Exciting times, we will finally have a 2nd true competitor to the GS4 other than the Htc One :)
12. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think optimus g2 will be in a different league. more like competitor for note 3.
10. aditya.k (Posts: 492; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Colorful, thin and light like a Butterfly!? :D
13. Kelley71 (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Am I the only one who thinks of Microsoft when technology sports a butterfly?
16. yasir-921 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Guys, LG will launch the International variant of the G Pro.
I contacted LG Pakistan, and they confirmed the launch of G Pro in Pakistan in June. So most probably, LG ia going to launch the International Version of Optimus G Pro. It will launch in India, Pakistan etc.
17. yasir-921 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
See the phone in the invitation. Its the Optimus G Pro.
So far, we have 3(if I'm not wring) versions.
1st is Korean, 2nd is AT&T's and 3rd in Vietnamese.
There is no version for the rest of the globe as a whole so far. So LG is launching the International and unlocked version of the G Pro.
As soon as it's launching in Pakistan, i'll buy it!
18. yasir-921 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
How can LG launch the G2 or any other mysterious smart phone when G Pro is barely available globally?
G2 or Nexus 5 will be launched later this year.
21. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Why not? look at samsung,
SG mega 6.3
SG mega 5.8
in less than 6 months LOL
22. PONDERTED (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yeah I think this is a international or Chinese version for the G pro thats why it is in Macau.I don't think they would announce a phone 3 months before they sell it, the Qualcomm 800 it not even in production until a little later this month.
26. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Now this phone can crush 1 to Z (including 4) !
29. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I bet not coming to regional carriers like (us cellular, which i have, and am not going to switch to get this.),unike the Galaxy S4.
30. funkshit (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
It must be LG Optimus G Pro.
Try to use the phone.
You gonna wholly change your image for LG's smartphone.
Currently, I use GS3, LG Optimus G and LG Optimus G Pro simultaneously, and among them, the latter is the best.
31. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Can't try it unless it goes to USCC( US Cellular).
32. funkshit (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
Ah. Only AT&T Ver in US.
That's the position of LG's smartphone in US.
Only one or two cellular companies try to buy LG's new model in US.
33. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well I'm going with the GS4 on US Cellular, unless this comes in red and to USCC
36. Trex95 (Posts: 662; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Lets be honest IPS True HD it's better than Super Amoled. I used the S4 for couple of days yes i agree that S4 1080p Super Amoled it's an awesome screen but when it comes to sharpness and white color reproduction IPS True HD still the winner. The only things i hate it about Lg IPS the the WXGA 16:7 unlike 16:9 aspect like S4 and Iphone 5. Hope Lg will change the WXGA to 16:9 for the upcoming Lg optimus g 2 and Nexus 5.
37. gmracer (Posts: 24; Member since: 09 May 2013)
the only bad thing about LG Mexico is we always get LG phones late but i like then a lot hope this one be got fast of course in Mexico because looks very nice