New Jellybean Easter Egg: do a barrel roll with Google Now
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jul 2012, 12:32
Google hid another treat for us in Jellybean's Voice Search - if you instruct your phone to do a barrel role, it will obey your command...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 03 Jul 2012, 12:49 5 1
Slippy.... "FOX help I got someone on my tail!" lol
2. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 03 Jul 2012, 12:42 3 1
YES I can confirm this. My Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy Nexus can indeed do a barrel roll. YES! lol
12. MobileCaseReview posted on 03 Jul 2012, 14:03 1 0
LOL pretty jealous Super. I've been trying to figure out a way to port at least the google now apk file but no luck. I've been working on a port for the JB to my note but stuck at a boot loop. Work in progress!
5. TylerGrunter posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:07 1 0
You don´t need Jelly Bean for that!
Voice search is just going the Gooble Search with the stock browser. So it´s enough to go with your browser towww.google.com and do the search "do a barrel roll". It works not only with the desktop website but the mobile too.
And as you can do the search with voice in ICS it works without issues there too.
Tested with ICS and a Google Nexus S. Just click on the microphone of the home page and try!
6. CivicSi89 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:07 0 0
Ahhhh.... thats awesome. Proof that Google has a sense of humor. Unlike other OS'es
7. KingKurogiii posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:08 0 0
lolololol. i bet Siri wouldn't Barrel Roll for ya. ;)
17. CivicSi89 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:22 3 0
*in Siri Voice" Kingkurogii.. I dont understand what you mean by "Barrel Roll" Shall i do a google search for you?"
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:17 1 0
I wish I had JB, but no one shows any love for the E4GT, haha.
9. Brewski posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:23 0 2
ARGGHHH!! How long can this fallacy exist!? This is an aileron roll, NOT a barrell roll.
A barrell roll requires the airplane to make a complete rotation upon its longitudinal axis as well as following a helical path (Think a strand of DNA).
An aileron roll only requires the aircraft to do a full 360° revolution about its longitudinal axis, which is what is performed in Starfox.
18. downphoenix posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:45 1 0
True, but Aileron Roll doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus, blame Nintendo for not knowing the difference.
16. skymitch89 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:05 0 0
"Do a barrel roll" also works in Chrome on Desktop. Also, what tlsmithsr said, "zerg rush", works. You can also do a Google search for "Google easter eggs" for a list of just that, Google easter eggs.
21. shimmyx20 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 23:07 0 0
Awesome. I am loving finding little gems here and there in Jellybean