New Google Play Games app launches, will "supercharge" your gaming
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2013, 12:35 posted on
Gamers, listen up as this following bit of news is for you, guys. It has been over two months since Google announced its Play Games services, and now, Android gaming is being taken further with the launch of a new app. Google Play Games, as this new app is called, serves as a hub where the games installed on an Android device are listed. From there, one can track virtual achievements and leader boards, but that's not all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Google Playground would hav sounded much better & catchy ..
3. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 220; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Hopefully this will be better executed than GameCenter on iOS.
7. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
GameCenter is one of the fews things I actually like about IOS. How is it poorly executed?
10. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 220; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
The majority of the games use it only for leaderboards and achievements. There are only a handful that actually use it how it was meant to be (online multiplayer with your friends)
11. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That's the fault of the developers. I noticed over time many are opting for Facebook multi-player or they're only log in. Ascension and a few other games recently changed it for god knows what reason.
I personally like the achievements and points system to compete with friends on single player games.
4. djmoncsko (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Haven't found the app yet. When is it supposed to show up? :/
5. Tsoliades (Posts: 226; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
It's already on Google Play, but for some reason, it doesn't show up in searches. Click the link in the article.
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 878; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I had to load install mine through the website.
I have been waiting for this for ages. About time!
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Another step towards android boxes replacing consoles.
9. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Why the hell it's not available on my one s?
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 2005; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Does anyone know if the Chromecast that was just announced also does device mirroring, or is it just browsing? That could make Google Play Games really really really (Have I said "really" enough yet?) interesting?