New Galaxy S II Android 4.0 ROM surfaces with battery life improvements
A brand new beta Ice Cream Sandwich ROM has leaked for the more adventurous types, and is probably already making the rounds at XDA-Devs today.
The update is dated January 29, so it's fairly fresh from the oven, and the best improvement over the previous ICS leaks for the Galaxy S II is the battery life, which has apparently increased significantly.
Performance is otherwise said to be on par with the official ICS build, marked as I9100XXLP6, while this one is marked I9100XXLPB. Modders say it is stable enough for daily use, so you can try at your own risk in the source link. Watch a short video demonstrating its behavior below, although it is nor exactly prepared in the best of lighting conditions for its purpose.
source: SamMobile via SammyHub
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5373; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Still think it needs a new launcher! With the best elements of the ics launcher
7. jove39 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Or may be just give users option to turn TW launcher off and use native ICS launcher...that would be awesome :)
14. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,i currently use go launcher and have in in an ice cream sandwich themed configuration. Thats the beauty of android,being able to totally changed what you want when you want to
2. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I will be highly disappointed if TW5 looks just like TW4...
3. Retro-touch (Posts: 257; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Aren't they meant to use the holo launcher in ICS or they won't get google apps? Looks like the same old Touchwiz 4, oh wait it is the SAME. I can't get excited by that OLD skin
5. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I9100XXLPB is the latest i believe it release on Feb 2nd, 2012
6. prdmshrl (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
I lost my excitement after seeing this video. It looks the same to me.
8. imkyle (Posts: 982; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If this is the final update for the Galaxy S II and I'm assuming something identical for the Note as well, what will the Galaxy S III look like with ICS :/
9. baldilocks (Posts: 504; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Love Touchwiz. It actually makes Android usable.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
In ICS you'll find TW limiting...instead of usable ;)
15. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
If Samsung can trick you that easily, I'm sure the robots at Cupertino have something to sell you...
11. barondebxl (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I've tried this romon my Samsung galaxy s 2 I9100 and it is very stable, very fast too. But there are lots of ROMs with stock ICS for the galaxy s 2.
12. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
It is impossible that this is the new 4.0 interface, unless google doesnt care bout the android market
13. cncrim (Posts: 495; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Wezzzzzzzz taste that Apple. you invented it but ghot beat by ur own game.
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
looking forward to the official release soon. I updated my phone to remove carrier iq and the update is awful. no more scrolling background, some good live wallpapers replaced with two hideous ones, battery life drains so much faster, and not satisfied.
17. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Well, I can say again: People got smarter and 2012 will be the year of iOS(again) and WP. Handroid's goin' down.