New Facebook post from Motorola about DROID update
Motorola DROID Specifications | Review
1. becazican (unregistered)
how can all these other phones be getting 2.1 but they cant roll it out to the droid
15. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I bet it's a sales tactic from Verizon so they can sell the Nexus One or the Incredible when it comes out. That way if your hurting for 2.1 you will need to buy one of these phones first. Sorry Verizon users, Big Red is your daddy !!!
17. numberonenygfan (Posts: 211; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
ur a tard, vzw is completley customer oriented and they would not do this. the nexus and incredible will sell themselves.. are you kidding me? get a life... motorola just dropped the ball, case closed. its classic motorola fashion! That statement makes no sense people just signed two year contracts and are not going to drop the droid and buy a nexus because it doesnt have the software upgrade yet the phone is still great. next time you post have something worth posting in mind before you post it. douche.
20. VZWtrainer (Posts: 50; Member since: 24 Jul 2008)
People that already bought the DROID will not be eligible to upgrade when the Nexus or Incredible launch. So why would VZW do this? How would it benefit them?
2. newfdog 13 (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
because this is America. and in America it doesn't matter what the people want. lol!
7. merkeke (Posts: 62; Member since: 03 Jan 2009)
no, americans are greedy and they think they deserve it all
12. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
Americans aren't the ones that takes weeks off of work and go on vacations every year like europeans do.
18. numberonenygfan (Posts: 211; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
you dont like it get the freg outta the country ! and from the post im sure your not american, so in that case whatever you are your breathing my air i wouldnt care one way or another if your ass was on a boat to some stupid island somewhere!
21. lginsac (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
whats wrong with that? that is a smart thing to do ....i guess americans dont know how to manage there money to go on vacation....make big bucks and still use there credit cards everyday.....
3. warhed (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Mar 2010)
Newfdog, I think your right! This is land of the free not of "get what you want"! Lol
4. Phullofphil (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
its not like they dont want to send it out. I am sure there is a miner change being made after all the milestone is a slightly different phone
19. numberonenygfan (Posts: 211; Member since: 19 Oct 2009)
A++ for that comment phil thank you for actually bringing some perspective to the conversation!
5. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i have my droid rooted with 2.1! i couldn't wait any longer. i also overclocked the processor to 800 mhz. :-)
6. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
Man I wish I knew how to overclock my droid
10. MR521 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
@VZW Fanman ame here! any cool ROMs you recommend?
13. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
first, you have to root your droid. then you have to download an app called setcpu. there are instructions on androidforums.com. here's some screenshots of my droid:http://www.facebook.com/ATT?re
14. vzw fanman (Posts: 1971; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i have a rom by adamz, it's called smoked glass v 6. i like it.
16. supadave (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Mar 2010)
Pete's bugless beast is better IMHO, I compared it side by side to the official 2.1 OS the Moto engineer at my job had yesterday and mine had every feature he had and more the only difference was his live wallpaper was interactive + he had a couple wallpapers I dont have. Other than that I had more ie. 5 home screens different application draw bar & most of all an overclocked processer so my phone still seemed to run smoother. On a side note I got to see 2 gsm Moto android devices that havent been released yet one looks like the Nokia twist with the standard android navigation keys at the bottom of the screen and the other looked like a mini Moto Q with a full keyboard and the android navigation keys at the bottom of the screen which was the better looking of the 2 he showed me.
11. MR521 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
=k4Hfs99vmHUthis video will guide you through rooting the droid and if u keep digging on youtube you'll find the overclocking video also.
22. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
with or without droid 2.1 update..nothing beats the UI of iphone 3gs!!