New Echo Lockscreen app puts order in the Android notification chaos
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2014, 09:50 posted on
If you want to stay on top of things with your smartphone, you've no doubt allowed notifications to pop up in your status bar. The trouble is that we have so many communication venues nowadays, and so many apps installed on our phone, vying for attention, that the notification bar quickly becomes crowded with alerts that pretend to need urgent attention...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
It looks good but it still has issues, I'd wait until then.
6. gustavoace (Posts: 99; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Exactly.... I used the app for 3 or 4 days, and despite what Daniel P says, it does not organize notification. It tries hard, but the notification does not disappear after you read it, and it is annoying. And that iphonish look of the unlock... Is it really necessary?
And as it uses screen filter, it disables you to install any apk... You have either disable it or uninstall it .
Looks nice, thats all
13. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Echo developer here. We just pushed an update that makes organizing your notifications much better. We now sync notifications with your notification center so that messages do not pile up. You also have the option of defining what category you want notifications to appear.
The sideloading issue is a known bug we're working hard to fix.
Please check out the new Echo and if you have any questions, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Not yet. We built for 4.3 and above because of limitations with notification access. We do have plans to make Echo available for lower builds.
4. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Information on the other side of the phones lock screen does me no good, those that pick it up off table maybe.
Can it be locked even?
15. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Hi AfterShock - Echo can lock. It works with your default security.
What type of information would do you more good? Try echo and let us know how we can make it better by emailing us at email@example.com
5. mistertimi (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Looks nice, but having to open each category to see what's in there, is actually a step back.
I'll stick to removing each individual app's notifications with a swipe. But thanks ;)
16. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Hi Mistertimi - Notifications that are grouped into Priority are open by default. We also show each individual notification. If you receive multiple texts from whatsapp, you don't need to expand whatsapp to see each message.
Try Echo and let us know what you think :)
21. mistertimi (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Wow! Hi EchoLocker haha, nice to see devs here, I'll check it out over the next week or so and then come to a proper conclusion
8. jesusnexo (Posts: 53; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
last time i checked it didnt work with 4.1.2... did they support that now?
9. signsign (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
I think this app has a better approach on notifications: Touchless Notifications
It shows and reads aloud my notifications as they come in, or I can say "What's up" and then it plays me kind of like a slideshow, and reads them out similar to the MotoX.
Search for it in the play store.
22. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Thanks for posting about your app...on every article about Echo.
24. sriuslywtf (Posts: 266; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Lol! Made my day on that comment.. Thank you
12. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 751; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
How does it decide which notification goes to which category?
17. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
Hi there - When you first install Echo, all apps that are communication based (messaging, email, and social) are ranked Priority. All other notifications are grouped by the app category.
You can also long swipe to the right to define the categories yourself. Just swipe right on a FB message and add it to the social category.
19. jesusnexo (Posts: 53; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Are you gonna make it available for the 4.1.2 ?
20. Thief76 (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
Hi , it's nice but need to be updated , I can't change my wallpaper
23. EchoLocker (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
You can change your wallpaper! Open Echo settings, and choose "set my wallpaper". You'll then be able to choose any image as your wallpaper.
25. shexmo (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jun 2014)
Hello EchoLocker! Really nice app, but I have a problem on my S4.
While the screen is off and I get a call, everything works fine. One I miss the call the screen do not turn black and locked again, remains active, and that's a problem if I have the phone in my pocket. Is it me or there is a function I did not enabled/disabled?
26. Scorpion (Posts: 86; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Works really nice in tandem with the smart launcher.
27. REKCUT_ENAHS (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
after I updated the Echo app today 8/6/2014 when the screen locks I am unable to resume what I was currently doing once I unlock. so I had to turn Echo off. I loved using Echo until that happened.