New Apple iPad to be "a major upgrade", lighter and more compact
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 08:10 posted on
Apple may be preparing one of its biggest upgrade years for iPads as it plans on redesigning its large, 9.7” iPad…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. ghaniosman (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
hmm...so thinner n lighter is Apple's "major" upgrade..No need of leaked pics or rumors since I can easily imagine what its gonna look like (or more of a look-a-like gen4)
36. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Well I dunno about that. It depends on your needs.
Multimedia, Android tablets are still winning, but since Apps are a key part of the experience, I think iPad is still ahead.
However, that iPad 1 is a silly comparison.
iPad 5 will definitely take the cake tho.
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Gold colored iPads with slimmer bezels is hardly a 'major' upgrade but I digress, unfortunately it sounds like a another S hit to me considering the user base :/
11. Kurai (unregistered)
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How long till KitKat is on at least 5% of the userbase? How long till 50%?
15. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
when will the iPhone 4 get siri? it was a free app on ip4 YA KNOW>!?
19. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
iPhone 4 is more than 3 years old.
26. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
it was there newest phone up until Oct 2011 which is just 2 years ago...it was a free app that apple pulled and then required a 4s or newer purchase. Fragmentation does exist on apple products and just because iOS rolls out to majority of devices, this is proof of dropped features and fragmentation
27. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How does not having Siri fragment a device? I disabled S-voice on my S4, can I join the fragmented group now?
30. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
apple followers claim that you don't have fragmentation BECAUSE 95% gets the newest iOS. Well, if the newest iOS and all the NEWEST features don't work across all devices, how is that not apples version of fragmentation?
33. Ninetysix (Posts: 2195; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Answer the question peasant. How does not having Siri make an iPhone 4 defragmented. Does it stop you from installing Angry brids, twitter, or facebook?
37. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Does being on Android 4.3 instead of 4.4 stop you from installing all those things either?
31. noodles914 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Android developers are smart enough to make their apps compatible, there are no issues. Don't believe the "fragmentation" hype.
39. KRONeage (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Samsung Origami UMPC > than all iPads ;-P
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 18391; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm impatiently waiting apple, for you to shutup and take my wife's money. I bought the phones, the iPads are on her.
16. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha how you gonna do her like that darkk the pads cost more than the phones...
anyway, WHERES THE RELEASE DATE!!! my iPad 2 is straight dinosaur mode on this iOS7... i need that 5 in my life like pookie on dat crack ya feel me?!
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 18391; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok you went "New Jack City" on em lol. I agree my iPad 3 is a little long in the tooth too. +1 I'm thinking invites will go out this Monday. Hopefully.
3. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
darkkjedii I cant wait on the mac pro its a beast
18. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
it bad asss with support up to 3 4k displays with out any performance issues
38. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
All that power yet u have a craptastic collection of games to take advantage of it. How unfortunate.
8. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Of course, that is great, but pricing (not at apple stoar) is just mindblowing. Why should I pay so much for Apple products?! Still Apple Store, has better pricing than most stores does, but still IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ALL COUNTRIES. I am so butthurt about it. Ouch my butt is on fire!
10. uchihakurtz (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL, those double quotes, I see what you did there. "A major update" #DrEvilMeme
12. Chizzypro (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Only the battery capacity will make me opt for it. Say 6500mAh and about.
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1484; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Apple better hurry up, and release tablet, before I purchase a piece of plastic. But again, that would make me suffer.
17. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
10% thiner, 7% lighter, blablabla.......
20. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
Won't upgrade my iPad unless its dust/waterproof. Use it for websurfing and playing music in the background. Can't compare to an Ultrabook, so they got a long way to go before they get to that point.
22. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
yes, of course.. every iteration of an Apple product is a "MAJOR UPGRADE".. I'd expect nothing less this time!
It just happens that Apple uses some very strange logic in determining what a major upgrade is..
24. ThePython (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Price bump? Hmm...
Also, fear the trolls.
35. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Personally looking at the Mini more than the standard. 7" would be perfect for me, no need to spend the extra on a few more, but hoping on that Retina display.