New Apple iPad mini has higher pixel density, but poorer color accuracy than the Apple iPad Air
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 12:06 posted on
Analysis of the screen on the new Apple iPad mini with Retina display shows that it has some shortcomings compared to the screen on the full-sized Apple iPad Air and other competing slates. First, we do have to point out that the new mini's higher resolution of 2048 x 1536 matches the resolution found on the panel employed by the iPad Air...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Yeah noticeable... but only screen purists would mind.
3. Finalflash (Posts: 2795; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, but it is just for information's sake, if anyone makes this a deal breaker for themselves, they're essentially hurting themselves only.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Ouch - less color accuracy? What happened to the whole 'Resolutionary' thang?
6. stealthd (unregistered)
What does color accuracy have to do with resolution? (Hint: nothing)
4. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Screen accuracy lol... Please, raise your hand if your a professional photographer or digital artist who uses consumer tablets for professional image editing. Anyone?
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 20115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All I know is, I just downloaded "Man of Steel" on my retina mini, and it looks amazingly crisp.
7. Lucas_kim (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
the technology havent mature with high ppi of ipad mini!!
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Funny how colour accuracy and screen brightness became the most important thing in the world when Android phones and tablets started destroying the iPhone and iPad in pixel density.
Now all of a sudden it is not a big deal. I must admit, Apple has a great PR staff that can spin almost anything into their favour.
10. MrMozart (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Mar 2016)
I find this post bad taste because in the image, there is a non retina iPad next to a retina iPad and NOT a retina next to a retina as stated. The color accuracy is the same on the iPad mini 2 and the iPad Air because it is the same exact technology. People must gather correct information before they post.