New Apple iPad mini 2 image puts Touch ID back on the table (again)
Unfortunately, we've had a ton of diverging reports, though this last one is actually showing off a white iPad mini 2 sporting the new sensor tech once again. And despite our usual unwillingness to speculate directly, we are going to say that this one actually looks legit. Hopefully, this isn't just wishful thinking on our part, for we'd love to see the new tech make an appearance on Apple's full range of gadgets.
Either way, it won't be long now until we know for sure. Speaking of the impending introduction of the new iPads, you should probably use the occasion to read up on the new slates.
2. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
The touch I.D is so overhyped already..
14. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i agree... just like siri usage this feature will barely be used.
it needs that retina display tho!
15. suneeboy (Posts: 167; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I use TouchID everytime I unlock my iPhone 5S or download an app. I use Siri to make phone calls and send texts for me when I don't have both hands available. If a person wants to use it, they will use it.
18. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i dont disagree with that. you are right. but the point was the extra emphasis on the features.
when they pull the stats on usage of touch id my comment will make more sense
17. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
like everyone flashes ROM and plays with the OEM software, coz that's a feature for sure? ** although its a pretty cool feature with android
Features are always there to be used at the behest of the user.
19. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 384; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Can't stand these rumors anymore. Of course there are prototypes with touch ID, what a surprise that Apple tests such possibilities. The question is whether touch ID makes into the final product. There are good reasons for Apple to put it in and there are good reason for Apple to not put it in. Lets simply wait for tomorrow.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Get rid of all these gimmicks and just put a Retina display.
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Because Touch ID is still a gimmick and the only result for featuring it will be a higher price. So its better to forget it.
11. Sauce (unregistered)
Unlocking my phone while only pressing my home button is much more convenient than entering a password over and over. I'm also addicted to downloading many apps, and entering my password over and over is a hassle. It's only a gimmick until someone else does it, then it's useful.
4. ronenmendez (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Oct 2013)
As it looks from this image, the bezel surrounding the device is colored silver, while the Touch ID button is distinctly gold. take a look at the iPhone 5S in Gold and you'll see Apple keeps the bezel, as well as the Touch ID color in unison, making this image appear fake.
20. iampayne (Posts: 248; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Not only that but whoever photoshopped this didn't angle the touch ID right. The circle is not skewed right for the device to be angled the way it is and the circle to be angled as if it was a straight on photo.
5. Taters (Posts: 3520; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The touchid should be there but I doubt the retina will be.
6. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Touch ID will be so awkward to use on the iPads. You would need to be using both hands, or use it on a flat surface.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 12376; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You have to use both hands to enter a passcode, or have it on a surface...point has been mooted.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 12376; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm drooling, aghhhhhhhhh iPad mini 2 in my Homer Simpson voice. Hurry up tomorrow, in my darkkjedii voice.
12. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
NO ONE know what ipad mini has,touch id or not..