New Apple iPad Air ad waxes poetic
The actual message is that the Apple iPad can be used for many endeavors, and not all of them are related to business or the pursuit of the almighty dollar. For example, we see Apple's new flagship tablet being used by a sumo wrestling coach to improve his student by changing the angle of attack. We also see the iPad Air employed by a band director to improve a marching band's performance.
Once again Apple tries to get to your purse strings by tugging on your heart strings. Check out the entire ad by clicking on the video below.
source: Apple via RedmondPie
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet ad, rock n apple.
PS Stop suing so much, as you've shown with the 5S, 5C, iPad air, iPad mini 2, and iOS 7, your greatness is in the lab not the courtroom.
4. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
If only if that was possible....
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 12024; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah the patent wars suck, but they're here to stay...at least for now.
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1264; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Here are some backward uses for an ipad.
Don't buy the right equipment, buy ours and spend more instead and have less usability.
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 1451; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well, what are "right" equipment in these cases? iPad has great apps which can do a LOT. Plus hardware is insanely well made and it's very light. And it's super fast.
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1482; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
okay, going off topic here. I thought I was the only one thinking that wearables should have made their name at CEShttp://techcrunch.com/2014/01/
8. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Is that your picture on the phone androiphone20....?
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1482; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I had a feeling this avatar might be misleading but it was chosen by someone special and it means a lot to me, didn't really bother me that much even when I've been picking up a few negative cues relating to the subject.
7. illusionmist (Posts: 124; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
On this side, we have poetry, sometimes humor, and most importantly, class; on the other side we have the Scroogled series, and a passed man brought back to life just to bash his own products. Can you judge a company's taste just by the commercials it makes? Oh yeah you bet your ass you can.
9. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Brilliant ad. I can't decide whether this one or the Pencil one from a few months back is better. The Pencil ad was very clever. This one as a more resonant "Think Different" tone.
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1482; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
The most interesting part os that these are all real people with real use cases - The Bollywood filmmaker is Feroz
Khan of Agra, India. The live
performance is Yao, a rock band in
Beijing, China, tapping out beats via
iPad. A classroom in Humla, Nepal is
using "School in a Box," a solar
powered education toolkit for iPad
designed to teach children living in
places that lack electricity.
The waterfall is being filmed by Josh
Apter, on location in Iguazu Falls,
Argentina using custom camera gear
built around iPad. The LA Kings are
using the ThunderCloud iBench app
to analyze their hockey players'
moves and the team's overall game
12. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I regret introducing the phrase waxes poetic on phonearena.com.
Now that phrase gets commercialized.
13. TBomb (Posts: 146; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I am by no means a racist or fan of racism or any of that, but I feel like the presence of Asian culture/art/people were in that commercial not by mistake.
15. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
TBomb: About 3 out of every 5 persons on Earth is Asian. That is to say Asians are about 60% of the world's population.
17. TBomb (Posts: 146; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
What I was getting at is didnt they just start selling to a new Asian market recently? Maybe I'm wrong and if I am, then I retract my original statement.
19. -box- (Posts: 3826; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh, great, now apple's trying to ruin one of my favorite movies too.
Die, apple. Die.