New Android-based Nokia X (X2?) could be announced by Microsoft this month
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2014, 15:34 posted on
The next generation Nokia X may feature a home button, 1GB of RAM, and a 4.3-inch WVGA display, obviously being a cheap smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. sgodsell (Posts: 896; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
If it only has 4gb of internal storage. Then you can bet that dual booting will not be an option. Micro SD cards are much slower then eMMC storage.
26. sgodsell (Posts: 896; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Microsoft wants to make these Android like phones, because WP is still not selling well.
10. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
A sure-fire Overpriced junk
The Specs are so 2011
11. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
You gotta be kidding me ? You cant be that stupid ?
15. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I hate budget and midrange phones
19. SeanContra (Posts: 51; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Then don't buy them or follow any news related to them.
Not everyone can afford flagship high end devices.
Poor people need access to technology too.
22. 12Danny123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Wow new low for us Android Fans guys. How sad
28. Subhajyotidas5 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Mar 2014)
You know what not everyone in this world are as rich as you. So, they have to contain with budget and mid range Smartphones. And if you hate budget phones why visit the articles related to budget phones.
13. NotAGeek (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
If they use qHD screen,it will give the moto e a good run for it's money,if they priced it right
16. wilsong17 (Posts: 735; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
When is Nokia going to realize that android people want high spec
17. wax33 (Posts: 32; Member since: 06 Apr 2014)
Indeed. Microsoft needs to either make good Android phones or no Android phones at all.
21. vishalaestro (Posts: 38; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
looking for a good camera with flash if microsoft needs to compete with real android phone makers and their lumia series
24. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Meh, Unless SD400, AF Camera, expandable storage and qHD, while priced the same as X.
27. sgodsell (Posts: 896; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
At least the new X2 will be sporting a SD 200 CPU which is a cortex-A7. The previous Nokia X,X+,XL used the much older and slower S4 play CPU, which is a cortex-A5.
29. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
BBZ3 is even a better choice for an extra $50 then. Let alone Moto G.
25. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm The "X2 Class" smart phone will run more smoothly than the previous Nokia "X" Phones. among the previous rumors about the New X2 smartphone was it would have the specs mentioned above plus a front and rear camera, run the next higher version of Android Open source software and would have the internal software to access and use Google play store Apps so People would not have to "Root" their X2 smartphone to get Google stuff. For Microsoft to make any dent in selling The "X" phonesall they have to do is put their Version of Android software on a Nokia 925 with it's pure view camera and give it a Carbon Fiber back instead of it's Polycarbonate back. Microsoft does not have to make any new high end X phones from scratch all it has to do is use the body and electronics of a smart phones it already has on the market. the modified Nokia 925 body is a good choice. this smart phone would sell like hot cakes with very little R & D needed to make one. Yoo Microsoft Please stop being a coward you are a Devices and Services(Software) Company now to make the big bucks in Android make at least one decent Android smart phone. I will stick with Windows smartphones but I hate to see Microsoft blow a great opportunity here it does not make sense!