New Android KitKat count tease lets you win... something
1. bloodline (Posts: 704; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I don't understand the PR beghind such a minor update
17. bloodline (Posts: 704; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
leaks + 4.4 and historically 4.1 - 4.2 -4.3 have been minor updates.
if it was 5.0 I would think different.
18. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think 2.2 Froyo and 4.1 Jellybean would beg to differ.
21. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its a major upgrade for android gamers since its improving graphics perfomance and adding support for OpenGL ES 3.0 so mobile games are about to get another graphics jump.
34. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
You do know that android 4.3 added OpenGL ES 3.0.
With android 4.4, google is just confirming its supremacy to the other mobile OSes.
27. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1310; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And you can add 2.3 Gingerbread to the list.
19. saffant (Posts: 244; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Fail Logic is FAIL.
4.1-4.3 were JB. 4.0-4.0.2 were ICS
4.4 is KitKat.
All of them have significant differences.
22. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Major difference that everyone knows is Android was a lagfest before 4.1.
2. XaErO (Posts: 262; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Waiting for this new Android version ..
Hope Google brings even more essential useful features and strong performance with it.
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 4239; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Google has yet to disappoint with their OS update. Each release being both functional and speed improvement.
They have undo our old Windows perception that new OS mean slower performance on the PC.
25. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Windows only runs slow if you have less than 4gb of ram, a bad hard drive or a bad cpu. FX6300 (since its $10 more than the quad core why not pay $10 for 2 more cores) + Seagate barracuda or SSD + 8gb of ram is all you need.
29. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Also, there are 28 not 27. File size is 4.4MB. Monday October 28th???!
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
already got a kitkat android plush toy and im getting a nexus 5 the day it launches
10. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
btw 10 winners from g+ and 10 winners from twitter is it? or total 10?
23. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Like said above its highly unlikely they would release a phone on Sunday.
30. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Count again. It's 28. Top right corner has about 2 pixels of red. October 28th has been the rumor for a while (before KitKat even started these teasers). Maybe?
33. valapsp (Posts: 495; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
what am I missing?
44. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Either the phonearena geeks are messing with us by changing the image or my computer is not loading properly or I suck *** at math. LOL
24. suavemezie (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
27. Hmmm something is happening 27th October 2013. Fingers crossed
28. Klamba92 (Posts: 209; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yep that's what I got as well! So maybe 27 October?
26. nmarrufo (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It's the 28th. The second one down from the top right corner has a few pixels of red. You have to look very close, but it's there.
32. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Uhm.. I'd like to win a lifetime supply of Nestle Kitkat. Thank you.
36. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
lol. every time i see a kitkat article, i totally want to eat some!! awesome ad/ppl
35. tyger11 (Posts: 96; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
They should be selling Android-branded green tea KitKats for this. They're the best flavor of KitKat, btw.
40. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Forget the article, I want one of those plush toys!!!
41. Alexa (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2008)
so according to the count 26...the date has been announced!!!!!