New AT&T ad shows how the Lumia 900 is “beautifully different”
The ad humorously portrays a guy attempting to impress a woman with his new Lumia 900. It shows the curved, sleek design of the handset then talks about some Windows Phone specific features such as Live Tiles and People Hub.
Overall it’s a nice way to show off the phone and get a chuckle from the audience, all while not alienating the rest of AT&T's portfolio.
5. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
What is it? With you and and you'r potatoes.....
11. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You'r word's and you'r
avatar doe's MATCH!
6. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
If only that phone didn't have
curve's, and was made with
9. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
People really hate on this phone. Of course it isn't for everyone but some people will definitely like it. I'm done myself with the Android game for now. Kind of over having an obsolete handset 6 months after I purchase it. Fragmentation is definitely an issue for me and I am glad that I don't have to deal with it for a while.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Looks like Nokia/Microsoft/AT&T is going to advertise Apple style: "You're going to be cool if you use this phone."
15. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
since when is that apple style? i agree apple is successful at it, but everybody wants their product to be the cool ones...
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I'm not saying it's not successful or its wrong, I'm just saying Nokia is advertising it as a status symbol instead of showing ads of what the phone is actually capable of, which in this case out of the 5 ads on the site + this AT&T one, only 1 promotes the live tiles.
At least with Samsung's The Next Big Thing ads, it shows what the SGS2 is capable of on top of mocking Apple's products weak points.
24. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
im pretty sure nokia ads mock apple and other android phones and show lots of highlights...
and u said "apple style" so i was just talking about that
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Dude, did you even watch the ads on the site?
1) Everything was a beta test, Lumia is "Beautifully Different", No mention of Lumia Features.
2) Dumb B**** was unaware of friend's relationship status, Live Tiles mentioned.
3) Death Grip, Criticized the iPhone, No mention of Lumia Features.
4) Outside, Criticized iPhone, No mention of Lumia Features.
5) Fragile, Criticized iPhone, No mention of Lumia Features.
6) AT&T Ad, Shows off the phone and OS design, plays a video to show he has a social life. Promotes the Lumia as a status symbol.
26. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
u didnt watch the ad of the Indian people with windows phones then?
27. frydaexiii (Posts: 1214; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I'm talking about the Lumia 900 ads dammit, who cares about the old ones since they were "beta phones" anyway?
17. stipe (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Apple advertise Iphone .
Nokia advertise People who use Their phone :)> connecting people
16. phonton (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Nokia FTW! nice to have some competitiion in the market instead of dominance by one or two.. :D
18. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
the lumia is great and all but in the last days there is just too much ''GO L900!''
it is starting to bother me alot
19. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Funny how simply sale's are showing
people don't like Windows Phone,
Other-wise it would be selling with-out
needing this lie......
22. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,nokias advertising is good and they are putting in a great effort but unfortunately people simply dont want the phones or like the windows ui and low sales reflect that,windows 7 sales Will always be like this despite their efforts. Nokia unfortunately has put all their cash on the slowest horse at the races
21. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
funny commercial i think i'll do the same if that happens to me i think it'll also work in lumia 800 haha but im really considering this phone as my next upgrade.. :)
23. Jyakotu (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I actually like this commercial. It's very AT&T, but it does what a lot of other Windows Phone commercials don't do: it shows off the main features, the Live Tiles and People Hub. The Nokia Lumia 900 looks like it'll do big numbers for AT&T, Microsoft, and Nokia. I want this phone to succeed. :)